King Elk Forest The End of Burke Rochester.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her heart skipped a beat. She didn't know why, didn't want to know why the icy wind of winter suddenly felt more bitter than ever. She had just been thinking of how lucky a life she had had together with her Burke, her babies and her friends. Sure, it was no Arthendal anymore, but wherever her family went... she'd follow. How she loved to return their love, spent time with them and share stories of the past. She still remembered the night skies of their travels, their set-ups and hiccups. But now, there was something wrong.

She felt it when Nathaniel let out a call. Distress. Shock. Her yellow eyes widened and she rushed to the scene where others were already gathering. They blocked her view, but she could sense it... She could smell it. She pushed the others aside without a pardon, falling at her mate's side with disbelief written all over her scarred face. She frowned, nudged his face and paws and prodded at his side. B-Burke?... She asked hoarsely.

She licked his cheek with a soft whimper. Was this the time you were talking about? His time of passing... She hadn't planned on it being so soon. What would she do without him? She had never loved someone as much as she had Burke and their two little sons. Could she truly not rewind? Her heart broke and broke again as she looked at her sweet man's lifeless body - the rising and falling of his chest stilled and no longer there. She rubbed her face alongside his scruff, a desperate attempt to get her loved one back, but she knew it was useless. He wasn't coming back, no matter how badly she was hurting and wishing and praying. I'll see you another time, right? I'll see you up there and we'll be together again... She cried softly at his side, mourning as if no one was watching.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

Messages In This Thread
The End of Burke Rochester. - by Burke - January 31, 2018, 09:00 AM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 31, 2018, 10:59 AM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Ariel - February 07, 2018, 11:48 AM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by RIP Stephanie - February 07, 2018, 10:29 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Jomyo - February 08, 2018, 09:52 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Ariel - February 11, 2018, 08:56 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Malice - February 15, 2018, 07:52 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by RIP Stephanie - February 16, 2018, 02:15 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Jomyo - February 18, 2018, 12:58 AM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Ariel - February 19, 2018, 06:37 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Malice - February 26, 2018, 12:57 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by RIP Stephanie - March 01, 2018, 07:50 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Jomyo - March 04, 2018, 10:58 PM
RE: The End of Burke Rochester. - by Ariel - March 05, 2018, 11:38 AM