Firefly Glen If I lose myself tonight, It'll be you and I
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
@Bernard , @Tambourine - mild powerplay, PM, if any changes are to be made.

When Charon had dismissed them, Wraen wasted no time to go after the embarrassed young wolf. Had it been any other acquaintance - she would not have cared that muh. But Tam was special for some reason she could not explain, but, when you have spent a wonderful afternoon with a genuinely nice person, who told you stories about his adventures, you would not want to lose him from your sight that easily. 

"Come along - I think you will like him very much," she invited Bernard to join her, because it would feel totally wrong to leave him alone, when they had just met each other again. Wraen was not sure, how much time had passed, since Tam's departure - he was not within the sight, but his scent and tracks in the snow were still fresh. Therefore Wraen followed, looking over her shoulder now and then to see, if Bernard was still there.
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Bernard perked up when Wraen invited him to come with her, expecting her to keep her date a one-on-one. His tail began to wave, disturbing the snow around it before he stood and shook out his pelt. Then, he trotted to catch up with her, though he slowed when he was a short distance behind her. It's so great to see you again. How have you been? He said conversationally with a cheerful smile, not realizing that his tail still wagging.
PM me about sprees; I'm usually open!
346 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He didn't pay much attention to where he was going, just trying to put some space between himself and his latest faux pas. When he finally stopped to catch his breath, Tambourine sighed and slumped to his haunches. You idiot, he thought, rubbing a paw over his face. Now what're you gonna do? If you can't even hit a border without screwing up, you're never gonna be able to join a pack. Not to mention...

Footfalls and voices cut into his thoughts, prompting Tambourine to sit up and look around. He saw two figures in the distance—two familiar figures. He slunk behind a snowdrift and peeped at them, wondering what they were doing out here. Looking for you, bonehead! that ever-so-helpful voice in his head chimed. Tambourine cleared his throat and popped up like a prairie dog.

"Uh, hey! What're you guys doing here?" he called, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck like a cartoon character.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Oh, I have been quite well - same old, really," Wraen stopped to turn and reply to Bernard, then she caught a fresh scent of Tam and quickened her pace from walking to trotting. The wolf-dog would probably have no problems keeping up with her, taking their size differences in account. "Did some more scouting, some more hunting and therefore I have in mind just the purpose I am going to use you for," she gave him a cheeky grin. 

A call from the distance - Wraen lifted her head and spotted Tam. "Hey!" she called back and rushed towards him. "What the heck happened there - why did you run away?"
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
It was good to know that she was doing alright. Bernard soon caught a whiff of that Tam character when Wraen did. When she picked up her pace, he followed suit, ensuring he didn't get ahead of her with his large strides. Then, she spoke again while on the move, and he quirked his brows at her mention of a purpose to use him for. Oh? He asked, returning her grin. He didn't have time to ask more or get clarification, as Tam spoke up.

Wraen went to meet up with him and Bernard dutifully followed. He remained quiet, for now, letting the two converse. He also wanted to know why he left so suddenly.
PM me about sprees; I'm usually open!
346 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He hadn't thought it possible to feel worse about the entire situation, yet Wraen's bald confusion made Tambourine cringe visibly. It seemed he'd made a misstep on every point of this ill-fated journey to possibly join her pack. Frankly, he was surprised she'd come after him at this point and he was tempted to wish her farewell and get as far away from here as possible. It was a painful thought—he truly liked Wraen, enough that he'd considered trying to get into Moonspear!—but he just felt like a total screw-up right now.

"Ah... I just..." Tambourine wasn't sure what to say for himself. They had both seen how much he'd messed up his call at the borders. He shrugged heartlessly. "I'm sorry, Wraen," he said to her in particular, though his pale eyes were apologetic as they met with Bernard's too.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I mean - Charon looks all big and scary, but he is a good guy inside. And, if he gave a false impression, then it's because we have had some unwelcome visitors during the past weeks," Wraen thought that, if she explained everything, then Tam would be more inclined to tell all the "why"s. He better, because the last person, who had fled from Moonspear's borders had got himself almost killed. 

"Anyway," she continued, after listening to, what the fellow had to say. "We have that hunting date - as mentioned previously - and since with Bernard big and strong and having been able to take down a deer before on his own," she gave her bear-like friend a very proud look, "and we too are smaller, but quick and agile - what do you say, if we try our luck to take down something big? Bernard needs to make a good impression, I need that and a practice and, if you don't plan to hang around here too long - maybe you need some food in your belly, before you go off?"
346 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I apologize for posting out of turn but Tam's going to be removed if I don't post. I'm also pulling him from the game, so cue awkward exit:

He realized Wraen sought to reassure him and a small part of him fluttered at her concern. But because he liked her so much, Tambourine simply couldn't recover from his embarrassment so easily. He continued to battle with the urge to flee, even as she reminded him of their impromptu hunting plans. As much as Tambourine wanted to jump on the chance to spend more time with her, her last few words drove something home within him.

"...I am gonna go off. And I should really—I should really just get going. I'm really sorry, Wraen." It was tough to make eye contact right now, yet Tambourine threw her a beseeching look before tearing his gaze away and turning abruptly. "Thanks though. And... take care." He bit back a sigh. "Goodbye." Without a backward glance, a regretful Tambourine plodded from the scene, hoping somehow to outrun his mistakes.