Cerulean Cape The Wind And The Sky!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel had travelled for and wide, and now he decided if he was to live here on this coast, he should do his best to explore as much of it as he could. And he would do just that. In fact it was what he was doing just now, bobbing his head along with a sway of his tail. Engel sang a song as he went along, and it was quite a happy song. 

"I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums. Oh, what a shame that you came here with someoooone. So while you're here in my aaarms, let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young. We're gonna die young, we're gonna die young! Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young!"

@Samaantine
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Against her better judgment, the shadow had lingered along the coast near where she found her brother. She sat, watching the waves roll against the shore. No thoughts clouded her mind now-- only blank peace. Reprieve.
Of course, it was interrupted soon enough. Singing reached Samaantine's ears, and she flicked one irritably. It seemed a foolish thing to her, but curiosity grabbed hold of her and turned her head. Moss-green eyes fixed on the slender approaching form; cloaked in red, male from the scent. She was intrigued, if only because she wondered what brand of fool he happened to be. The shadow chuffed in his direction, but would not have given it a second thought if he turned and left without a word.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel continued going forth as he sang. "Young nights, out our minds. Runnin' till we outta time. Wild childs, lookin' good. Livin' hard just like we should. Don't care who's watching when we tear it u-" He stopped as he heard a chuff from somewhere, and he turned his head to see them. A female, and a beauty at that. 

"Well hello there. Did my singing bring you about?" he asked as he went to face them.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She regarded him indifferently for a moment; studying, calculating. Older, friendly, simple-- easy. The shadow flashed him a sweet, shy smile and cast her eyes to the ground briefly. The act was easy, familiar motions: seem timid, make him think you're attracted. She made eye contact again, tail wagging slightly.
Maybe it did. She said girlishly, allowing her smile to turn slightly mischievous. Though she would never admit it, Samaantine had only done this once-- attempted to seduce someone, that is. Not that she had any intention of sleeping with this scraggly red fool, but she wanted him hooked. She wanted him to think that she wanted him. With any luck, it would serve a purpose, as it had in the past.
It would be terribly useful to have another like the first; biddable and taken with her appearance, with her feigned attraction. Though she did not know of her brother's suspicions, he had been correct in doubting her reasons for coming to these Wilds. The shadow was here with a single goal, one as ancient as life itself: power.
And she hoped to make this poor soul, the first she had stumbled across since Samothes, her first stepping stone.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel moved his head to try and keep eye contact as she looked away, and hten began looking her over as he usually did with other wolves he met. And then she did make eye contact once more. "Well...if you want, I can keep singing...unless there is something else you want?" he asked, a hinting smile.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It was only with practice and self-control that Samaantine was able to hide the momentary disgust she felt at the subtle offer. At least he hadn't been too outright, but-- well, he was easier than she had expected. Though she suspected this meant he might be more difficult to keep; that would require... strategy.
The shadow was on her feet and ghosting just slightly nearer to him in a fluid motion, tail still wagging. She was playing coy-- interested but shy, not quite making eye contact. Instead she openly admired him, speaking for a moment with only her eyes. She leaned closer.
Please... keep singing. Then she moved back out of his personal space with another demure smile. Samaantine sat again, but this time she sat nearer, and faced him, tail wrapped around her delicate paws as she waited. Really, the last thing she wanted was to hear him sing anymore-- the sound grated on her ears, but he seemed to enjoy it himself. For now it was what she had to work with, until she learned the other things that made the male 'tick'.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel looked at her, most interested as she approached somewhat. She leaned closer somewhat, and he put on a small grin as she spoke. "If that is what the lady wants..." And so he began once more to sing, but this time it was a different song, adding a more suave tone to his voice.

"My life is brilliant. My life is brilliant. My love is pure, I saw an angel. Of that I'm sure, she smiled at me on the open fields. She was with another man, but I won't lose no sleep on that...Cause I've got a plan." He began to pace, starting to go around her as he sang, but keeping out of her personal space.

"You're beautiful. You're beautiful...You're beautiful, it's true. I saw your face, in a crowded place. And I don't know what to do, cause I'll never be with you." 
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The only thing that kept the shadow from bursting into laughter was her mortification-- she did not allow either emotion to show on her face, instead watching the male with what would appear to be a delighted smile. When he finished singing, she leaned over again to touch her nose to his shoulder.
That was... lovely. Samaantine breathed, pulling back from the brief contact to meet his eyes. It was torture and she would die happy if she never heard him sing again. She tilted her head, adopting an almost-lovestruck expression. What's your name?
It would have been romantic, if he weren't a short old man singing the cheesiest song in the world; perhaps if he were a warrior-poet, a savage beast singing to her of his kills... Tine pushed the thought away. Now wasn't the time to think about her dream guy, when this was what she had to work with. At least the aging idiot had given her an easy reason to pretend she was smitten.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel moved his eyes down, even though he had not finished singing, he would not continue as she made contact with him. "Why thank you" he said back, and he most certainly meant the thank you. 

"Engel...Engelhard" he said. For once, using his full first name. He didn't really use his last name much anymore however. "And what of your name, milady?" he then asked, tipping his own head.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Engelhard. Of course he had to have the most ridiculous name. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes, instead blinking shyly at the male.
You can call me Tine. The shadow murmured, finding herself unwilling to hear her full name on the man's tongue. It would no doubt irritate her further. She studied him for a moment before she spoke again, eyes flitting over his features and the colors that cloaked him. He actually wasn't ugly-- unappealing to her, but perhaps a handsome specimen if one found effeminate males attractive. Samaantine preferred the rugged, scarred look. But, that was entirely off topic from her intentions, fortunately.
Can I ask you something, Engel?
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard repeated the name within his head. Then aloud. "Tine, quite a name that is" he siad quietly, keeping his eyes to her gaze. As she looked him over, he looked her over as well. And boy was she quite the beauty, yes. 

Then she went to ask a question. "Well, ask away my dear" he then said, tilting his head a little as he waited for her question to him.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I-- I'm very new to these lands. The shadow began, feigning uncertainty. And I've been on my own for so long... I want to find a home, but I don't know anything about the packs here!
She gave him a frightened glance. I'm terribly afraid I'll approach the wrong wolves... Do you think you could tell me anything that would help?
Samaantine kept her body language timid, casting her eyes to the ground and wrapping her tail tightly around her as if very troubled. It was true that it could be frightening for small girls such as herself, alone in the wilderness-- but the Messeda girl was better armed than most. Her wits had kept her safe, and where that failed she relied on being quick. Truthfully she was more nervous about actually joining a pack than staying on her own; with any luck, this meeting would give her some insight. Something to start with.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He tipped his head to the side slightly as he listened, and he did not expect that question. He didn't know much, but he could never leave a girl hanging and unanswered. So as he thought about it, he soon have an answer to her. 

"Well, back that way in a place I'm settling into. Somethin called Ironsea, where everyone calls each other 'lads' and 'matey'." He looked over his shoulder, back the way he came. "Then...there's a place called Easthollow. Pretty nice there, nice guy Murdock there. Then there's a place called Morningside, which is...." He stopped there, as he thought back to it. "Well, it's an all right place."
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The shadow's ears perked with interest, the first genuine display of emotion since she had encountered Engel. She listened intently to his words, suddenly feeling a rush of fondness for him-- yes, Engel, tell me everything-- and then she flashed a sincere smile. One that made her eyes sparkle, perhaps not as warmly as they should have; the observant eye would see the ice behind her gaze. Tine was too relieved that he actually knew something to remember to be irritated with how little he gave. She had never minded a bit of questioning.
Oh, thank you! Tell me more about Easthollow! Samaantine requested cheerfully, leaning forward to lick his cheek. Her tail wagged softly behind her even as she pulled back. The shadow burned to know more about Morningside, but she kept the question for later-- she had not missed his hesitance, and it had both sparked the flame of her curiosity and given her an area in which she should tread carefully. Clearly something had happened with this Morningside; Samaantine intended to find out what. If nothing else, it spoke of a closer connection to this pack. Information from an insider, even a former one, was always useful.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was about to answer, then paused as she licked his cheek, and he put on a rather goofy smile. Then he quickly shook it off, going back to answering. "W-Well it's a nice place...The alpha seemed pretty chill when I met her, and Murdock is great...in many ways" he murmured at the end, with a grin.

"I didn't spend so much time there however." If he had not known or been worried about Grayday, or that one wolf that told him not to go close to Easthollow again he would have chanced it, if it met meeting him again.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her ear twitched with impatience, but the shadow's wide, star-filled eyes gave the motion a different context. She had carefully re-adjusted her cool mask during the slight pause before he explained, and with it came more clarity. Now, Samaantine was slightly irritated with how little he gave. No matter-- she would prod more.
What do they call her-- the alpha? Tine wondered aloud, tilting her head. Is she... accepting of outsiders?
Actually she had little interest in the answer to the latter question, but it made things more believable. Even if the male wasn't the brightest, she could not afford to slip up in her act. Not ever. Samaantine drew closer to him, keeping a timid posture, prepared to pull back if it was taken the wrong way. The shadow wasn't certain how close he would let her without becoming uncomfortable or-- trying to initiate more than she wanted. So for now, she kept a slight distance between them with plans to inch closer through the conversation. She would find his limit, or she would find there was none-- either would delight her.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel reached up with a rear leg to his ear as he scratched at it. Then he went on, "Why that would be Valette. Believe that was her name, at least..." he murmured at the end, trying to remember if it indeed was. "As for accepting, can't say I can answer that....they are quite kind however" he said.

He remained still, but he put on a rather suave smile as she approached him a bit. "I think she might be alone too...her kid was nice" he added. Engel wasn't even really sure why he was saying all this.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
So he did know more than he had given initially-- this pleased Samaantine greatly. The shadow shifted closer again, and now their proximity could not be taken for anything other than intimacy. She wondered how he would react to the closeness, growing slightly eager now to see. For now, she decided, she would put a pause on her questioning.
The Messeda girl was filling with a strange sort of anticipation; she wanted to wring some sort of emotion from him, bask in it, feed on it. She wanted to earn his affection and turn it into the sharpest knife for his heart alone. Tine lowered her head slightly, gazing up at him with pine-green eyes.
Thank you for helping me, Engel. She murmured, a shy smile decorating her features.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel grinned slightly with a suave look, nodding his head towards her. "Anything for someone with such a beautiful face" he said, as she was very close now. He did nothing, he was comfortable. At least she wasn't sticking his nose in upon the first second, now that had been an odd experience.

"What shall you do now, Tine?" he asked, even daring to bump his muzzle against hers, in their closeness.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The shadow widened her eyes at his statement, gaze flitting to the ground as if insecure.
Oh! Tine said softly, tone slightly nervous but warm. You think I'm... beautiful? That's so sweet.
She didn't even have time to move closer again before he pushed his muzzle gently against hers. The contact might normally have been disgusting, but the odd craving growing within her made it... pleasant. Samaantine found herself content with how the interaction was unfolding; he was playing right into every move she made. Despite herself, the shadow half wished to reward him for being such an easy target.
His next question posed a perfect opportunity.
I don't know, but... She began fretfully, pausing to give him a slightly pleading look. I don't want to be alone-- not right now. Will you stay with me for awhile, please?
The shadow moved to press against him now, gently leaning her own slim figure against his flank. She was ready to step back, or to deny him a sexual encounter if he should strive for one-- but she was also ready to go through with her intended plans. Tine would not sleep with the old man, but she didn't really mind the idea of curling up against him.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel moved back, smiling at her. "Well of course I do, Tine. Who wouldn't?" He did raise his brow slightly at the request she made, then he nodded. He couldn't leave a lady alone, especially if they asked him to join them for a night. Whether they meant the way he was thinking or another way, he would not push.

But he would certainly hint. "Really? Why of course I can stay, if that is what you need" he said, as she pressed against him. "What shall we do, while I wait with you?" he asked, but his sly grin said it all.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The man didn't move away or express discomfort at Tine's actions, and she grew a bit bolder. Though she felt a flash of irritation at his second, less-subtle hint, she had expected as much; at least he wasn't becoming pushy. The shadow pushed her nose into his neck, initiating more contact with a plan in mind. Samaantine wanted to see what Engel thought of intimacy without sex-- it seemed clear his lack of rejection was on the assumption that she wanted something sexual with him. But that was not her intention.
Thank you, thank you! She feigned excitement, tail swishing back and forth behind her. The shadow nuzzled into him gently, the contact feather-light and almost hesitant. Her next words were softer, tinged with romantic intent. I'd like to know more about you, Engel.
Tine shifted to a laying position, then, but still kept close to him, gazing at him expectantly. She hoped he would take the hint and lay next to her.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel watched as she moved to place her nose against his neck. He remained still, perhaps even smiling a little. And he made no attempt to move away from her as she did. "What do you want to know about me? There's a lot of things about me" he said, as he shifted into a laying position as well right next to her. He cheekily nipped at the air near her ear, grinning.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Immediately feeling smug when the male laid next to her, the shadow wasted no time in cuddling up to him. She nestled herself comfortably against the red wolf, giggling when he gently snapped at the air near her ear. Tine responded with an actual nip of her own, aimed at his cheek, but she was gentle. Her nose brushed over the place she had nipped, and she planted the tiniest lick on the spot before moving her face away from his to meet his gaze.
Hmmm... what do you like to do for fun? The Messeda girl reached for some trivial question, and found it easily. She added, with a bit of a mischievous tone and smile: Other than sing.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel lifted a leg, about to drape it over her as she cuddled up to him, but then he thought against it after a long moment of hesitation. He pulled the leg back, holding it to himself. He smiled to himself, grinning at her question. Besides singing, there were a few things...

"There's plenty I like. Rhyming, serenading...company" he said, the last in a gentle whisper. "And what about you?"