Flycatcher Downs how many girls have you now
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet

With less pressure now on Blondine's shoulders, she'd found herself spending more time away from the territory — the one thing that Xan asked she not do. Even if they weren't done with malicious intent, her short trips beyond the border would be coming to an end. For a moment, she wondered if chasing the scout trade would be a good enough excuse, but the thought quickly disappeared with an unfamiliar scent.

Damn vermin, she whispered, snout to the ground. It was hard to tell where it had been or where it was going, but Blondine felt it in her bones that if the two crossed paths, it'd end like the incident of Summer '16, and that had been a nasty one.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Bounding through the snow, he chuckled as he tumbled head over heels down the small hill. He slid a bit then did a whole body shake, snow flying everywhere. 'I should do that more often.' 

Sitting up on his back legs, he smelled another creature. He looked around, trying to spot whoever it was. His brows raised as he saw her. A wolfess. She looked agitated. His eyes sparkled. Maybe he could talk to her. Taking a step forward, his eyes widened as he misstepped and tumbled down the rest of the hill. Landing on his back about 30 feet from her, he landed on his back. He chuckled as he grabbed his feet, rocking a bit, looking upside down at her. Well, hi there. Lose something?
May you always have a beautiful soul with a fierce demeanor and curiousity to know.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine snorted, reasonably unimpressed with the wolverine's display. I've found it, she sighed, looking him up and down, evaluating his strange posturing. There weren't many instances in which Blondine felt that it was appropriate to speak to those outside of her own species, but he'd spoken first and she wouldn't allow herself to look rude with no response. 

She bit at the inside of her cheek and bristled the guard hairs between her shoulders; a hardly noticeable threat. Your kind, y'all surely have a distinct smell, I'll tell you that.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
His eyes twinkled as he saw her look. Rolling over, he shook the snow off. She looked almost disappointed to see him. Well, not every creature could see how good he looked. 

Tilting his head a little, he sat back on his heels and watched her. As she spoke, he raised his brow, trying not to show amusement. She definitely didn't like 'his kind', whatever she meant by that. He shambled a bit closer, casually sitting back down. Well, I could say the same...you all smell like wet dog. He stopped a minute and grinned, no malice whatsoever in his smile. Where ya headed?
May you always have a beautiful soul with a fierce demeanor and curiousity to know.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine scoffed, I'd rather stink worse than a wet dog on mid-summer's eve than be known as a no-good scavenger, thank you. It was probably the most out of line thing she'd said since finding herself in the Wilds, but there was no remorse; she'd said what she meant and meant what she said. I live a bit north. I just so happened to take a walk at the same time as you, I s'pose. 

How unfortunate.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Touchy. He cocked his eyebrow as he chuckled low in his throat. Twitching his ear, he hopped closer, her agitation not fazing him. You wolves are touchy sometimes. You sound like you need some poppy. He never used the stuff himself, but he had heard some stories. Never needed it. How far north? Before she could answer, his curiosity got the better of him, and he tilted his head. What's your problem with 'my kind'...besides our stink, apparently.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The comment was worthy of a laugh, even if double-sided. That's not my preferred vice, she told him; she'd never been the slightest bit interested in the fantastical experiences of folks bored enough to try things like poppy seeds. It all seemed like it was blown out of porportion by people who didn't have any other stories to tell.

Blondine was about to proudly announce her membership to Bearclaw Valley when she was so rudely interrupted. I never said I had a problem, she quipped, her face twisted in mock surprise at his accusation, That is your own assumption of me, someone who you've only just met.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her statement only made his curiousity grow as his eyes showed a bit of admiration. Shuffling to about 10 feet in front of her, he swished his tail a little as she spoke again. His laughter came from his stomach as he lifted his head back. As he calmed down, his smile was large. What a sense of humor. Your face was awesome.

His eyes rested on her as he quirked an ear, the smile still playing on his face. I think I assumed right. Unless I completely missed your 'oh so welcome' smile and the compliment you gave me when I first said hi.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine took a deep breath, allowing the pungent scent of this shockingly close and strikingly bold oversized rat to flow between her nostrils. Her hackles raised even more then, a vicious snarl erupting from her chest. It was a warning; the next time he overstepped, she wouldn't stop herself. I said that I knew your smell. I don't believe there is any insult in that. At least, there wasn't meant to have been. 

Blondine took a step back, though her eyes never left those of the wolverine. She wanted to take him out right then and there, bring his body back to the valley as a reward for all of her hard work. But, being the lady that she was, she thought that she ought to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to back away from the outcome he was pursuing.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
His amusement only seemed to grow at the growl as he watched her hackles raise. Eyes sparkling, he sat back on his haunches, muscles tense just in case, but he looked relaxed as he yawned, his big incisors coming from beneath his lips.

Shaking his head, he blinked almost sleepily as he spoke. Now, pretty lady, I didn't mean that you insulted me. I was just stating my side. Wanted to explain my reasoning you might say. I don't want a fight. Would rather not hurt anyone. He bowed, stretching his body and subtly wiggling his long razor sharp claws. Sighing as he sat up, his head went to one side, grinning. Now, did I insult you? Seems like I did, or...do you just not like me?
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
I'd say that's an understatement, Blondine replied, her body now fully conveying her defensiveness, You disgust me, what, with your gaudy threats. To be clear, this wasn't how she would have wanted things to go, but he had overstepped, he had pushed her limits; anything that followed was out of self-defense, let Blondine tell it.

She lunged and snapped, not quite making contact with her opponent but further solidifying her message.

here's the dice roll thread!
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Quickly stepping back, he barely missed the sharp teeth that were aimed for him. Her eyes spoke of disgust and anger, but excitement ran through his as he raised his lips, his hackles up, snarling. Ooo, not quite quick enough, there. What did you say your name was? Distracting her with words as he danced around her, his paws were quick as he felt his claws connect with flesh.

I left it open to where the hit lands.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It didn't take long for the cocktail of rage and adrenaline to kick in and send Blondine into auto-pilot. The wolverine snaked his way around to her side, finding a bit of leeway so as to connect his sharp claws with the tender flesh framing her ribcage. Later, once she'd finally gotten around to treating her own wounds, she would notice just how badly she'd been hurt.

Blondine yelped and snapped back, depending more on the power of her jaws. She hoped to find her grip somewhere along his midsection so as to move him away from her body and give her time to reposition herself, though she would have been satisfied with any contact.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
His eyes glinted as the wolfess yelped, but his smile faded as he felt her teeth snap on to his side right below the ribs. Hissing, he jumped back, a touch of anger in his eyes, his voice getting a bit deeper. Why you little she devil. I should be more careful with you. Underestimated you, probably because of the stench. His nose rumpled in disgust. He never minded a wolf's smell until this short tempered devil. Swiping again, he knew it was too slow as he growled in frustration.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Blondine took her opportunity as soon as it presented itself. The wolverine tried to make another hit, but she'd moved just in time to miss the attack. As her response, she snapped again, this time aiming for his rear end, only to find that the distance she'd placed between them had become too great. Hopefully, with the next set of hits, she would have a chance to move in closer and do more damage.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
His eyes danced with danger as he pranced back from another attack. Adrenaline pumped through him, and a harsh chuckle came from his throat. See, I'm learning. Now you try it. I know you can use that dusty brain of yours. Lunging forward, his claws almost gleamed as they came down on her, his joyful laughter now becoming almost eerie as he felt contact once again.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
The heat of the moment was getting to her, but she didn't realize until after making her second consecutive miss. She cursed under her breath, both for her own mistakes and for the searing pain behind her shoulder. It was hard to keep it straight — the wound had been placed in the most inconvenient place possible, it seemed — but she would have to make do until this was all over. The hit that she'd missed was a swat with her freely moveable paw, but she hadn't expected it to do much anyway.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Easily sidestepping her weak attack, he tsked at her and shook his head. Aw, c'mon. You aren't even trying now. You going to admit defeat so soon? Scanning her, his ears pricked forward as he spotted an opportunity. He lunged forward and swiped. Moving wrong, he hissed as his muscles involuntarily twitched, missing her barely.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Both of their bodies were beginning to show fatigue, that was clear. Even if they could have continued physically, the repeated misses from both sides was taken as a sign that this was coming to an end. She clenched her jaw as the wolverine missed his target, snapping at his splayed paw. Her teeth smacked together with a shattering amount of force, bringing a whine from her maw. 

Until he gave up, she would continue fighting, even if it seemed pointless.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
He mockingly cringed as she whined, some adrenaline coming back as her attack missed again. His eyes glinted as he moved around her, his muscles rippling. This fight was not near as bad as it could be. Maybe he could liven it up a bit. Charging for her left side, he faked, the wind making almost a whistling sound as he turned quickly and brought his paw across her face. He heard an odd sound, and he jumped back in case she came for him again.
Newcomer
337 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
It's kinda graphic but this is basically Blondine rn.

There was no pain, but Blondine wouldn't have needed it to tell what exactly had happened. He'd come at her with a hit and he'd landed it — right on her eye. There was a faint pop! and a pull as he clawed it from its socket, though unsuccessfully detaching it. It remained hanging half-in, half-out out of the bloodied hole it'd come from. 

Taken aback, Blondine tried to lunge back at the wolverine for a more successful outcome than before, but she missed. It was understandable; her vision was no longer on her side. It would have been too dangerous to stay any longer, so Blondine made another lunge for the wolverine before making her retreat.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
His eyes went wider than usual as a grin spread across his face. The eye dangled from the socket, and it made a wet sound as she charged him. It came forward as he jumped back easily. As her jaws came shut, the now deformed eye snapped back and made the sound as it hit her face again. Her desperate attempt to get him again failed, and as she turned and left, he nodded slightly. She deserved it. 
As she disappeared from sight, he made a small pained sound as he sank to the ground. Bright red stained the snow as he began walking, leaving a trail as if he dared someone to follow him. This would leave a good sized scar. He needed some sleep and food. Maybe he could find a good carcass.