Gyrfalcon's Keep The 'Engel's Wings
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel stepped along, exploring another area near the place that Ironsea was to be settled. This area was quite nice looking and so far he had not run into anything bad. For once though he was not singing, just humming along to the song about fireworks. Something he still had yet to figure out, as he had never seen or heard of this 'firework' outside of the song.

He skipped along some rocks, bouncing his body a little as he leap frogged across. Engel was having fun in his own way.
@Mara Susi
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
OHAI

im gonna say this is at some undetermined time after she joined bc I want her to meet more peeps!

The hell was that sound?

Rosalyn was lying beneath a tree and gnawing on a particularly large branch when a distant humming hit her ears. She twisted, not letting go of her prize, and glanced out of the corner of her eye, but saw no one.  Should she?

Ignore it, she thought, turning back.  But a minute later she headed to her feet with a sigh, cursing her own damn curiosity. "Y'know, some should leave the music to the birds."  She called out, smiling at her own joke.  Never mind the person on the other side might take offense.  They weren't here, were they?
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard continued skipping along till he was close to the other side. Then he heard something, a voice call out to him. It managed to surprise him as he crossed. It almost made him slip right over into the water. He sputtered about as he recollected himself, standing up to find the water around the rocks shallow. "My music is great for more than just birds" he called back, once he was done sputtering.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She listened for a reply, but heard only silence as the sound had stopped.  Perhaps her reply had sent them running in shame; or perhaps they were now sneaking up on her, bringing their wounded pride and revenge.

Then her tuned ears caught it, coming from a short distance away.  They hadn't quite caught the gist of her joke, but seemed good natured about it, so she trotted forward to see who this fellow might be.

"Aye?  Well then."  She stopped at the edge of the trees and found herself looking into a river; one that the wolf now stood in.  "I suppose I was mistaken.  Didn't realize you were singing the fish to ya. Apologies.  Name's Rosalyn."  
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel turned his gaze up to see a brown female wolf arrive. He tried to stand up, trying to look representable. All he did was splash around instead. He sheepishly grinned over at them, but still he tried to smile with no shame. The red male then spoke to her.

"Engel...rhymes with angel" he said with his grin. Then realization hit him at what she said, and he gave a teasing glare. "Oh, the fishes? They love my singing" he said, and he laughed a bit as well after that.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Holy shit.  Did he just.... was that a line?  Or did he just say shit like that unironically?  She was actually startled into silence a minute, then a grin came completely unbidden.  Wow.

"Angel, eh?  I prefer to eat my fish, but I suppose if you'd rather sing to em, that's your call."  She shook her head, but her tone told plainly she was teasing a bit.  "So, 'angel', what brings you to the salty shores?"  She wasn't sure the nickname fit (sometimes she did enjoy a good fitting nick, among friends and acquaintances) but she had to use it a time or two anyway.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel, or rather to her 'Angel' laughed lightly. "Well they at least deserve some praise for being so delicious, don't you say?" he said teasingly back, still laughing a bit. But truly, he could never picture himself singing to fish. No, he could never do that...unless asked by another. If that was a way to impress them, then it was a thing he would do to impress.

"Was going out a bit. Explore some stuff, see the sights." He shrugged at saying that. "What of you, Rosa?" he asked, giving her a nickname as well.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosa? She didn't mind that; it was one she hadn't heard often before.  Little softer than Roz, but not awful.

"Spose.  Guess I should start serenading the bunnies."  She said as if thoughtfully, though the notion was almost to ridiculous to even keep a straight face.  Singing to rabbits.  Imagine.  The crew would laugh her into the waves, and likely she'd go willingly.  Only way she'd be caught singing to food was if it magically brought it to her.  Sadly, she was no siren.  Least, not completely.

"Pretty much the same.  Got a crew forming south of here, lookin to see if I can drum up some recruits."  She eyed him. "Don't suppose you do much ocean faring?"
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel stifled a laugh at that, she had some genuine humor, and he enjoyed it. Then he grew a grin. He could certainly imagine doing that. "Little bunny, little bunny, you are just so hoppy. Little bunny, little bunny, you are equally tasty. Little bunny, little bunny, thank you for being delicious. Little bunny, little bunny, glad you aren't so vicious." 

He listened, and he thought on that. Did she mean...as soon as she said crew, he was sure. "Led by Smokestep? Nice place. I'm actually going out to visit other coastal packs for him...crewmate." He finally got out of the river, trotting over to the shallow river's edge.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
He made an attempt at a bunny song, and while his humor didn't match that of most she'd met, it was greatly appreciated!  A breath of fresh air; her snark was met not with a snarky return, but with good natured jokes all the same.  She liked this guy.

And it seemed they were to be packmates after all!  "Aye, Smokestep.  Are you now? And what do they have to say about us moving in?" This was news; and smart too.  She filed that away in the things to remember; Smokestep was obviously no dummy when it came to leading.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He smiled lightly after his song. Then her question he was unsure of, he shrugged. "I didn't talk much with him or ask, just that I got a task to do." And he was still going to get that task done. "What about you? What are you doing, isn't it a bit far from there?" he asked back.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
That wasn't.... but she let it go.  The fact that he was still in one piece meant he likely hadn't been met too badly right?  She'd ask after.

"Sometimes you gotta stretch the old legs.  That and I wanted to find something that wasn't fish.  Fish can get old if y don't mix it up."  The forest, she'd found, had decent hunting in the small game category. Didn't seem like anyone had lived there recently to chase it off.

"How'd the other packs feel about their new neighbors?" She asked, going back to her original and asking it in a little bit clearer manner.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel hadn't actually thought on that. Living seaside, the most common source of food would be...well, fish. And while he might not for a while, one could only have so much fish before growing tired of it. And Engel did enjoy variety from time to time. "Old? You don't seem that old" he said, as if trying to compliment her. Good ol' Engel.

"Haven't met 'em yet. On my way to, but I'll get there." He wondered how many would be kind, and if any of them would meet him with violent intentions...or something along those lines.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Old enough," she replied good naturedly, appreciating the compliment.  Guy was a regular sweetheart.

"So I caught you on your way out, huh?"  She could ask to go with.  Have a rollicking old time with a new crewmate and meet some new packs she could offend; but that would break far too many timelines.  "Now I know why you were practicing your singing.  Gonna go serenade some other packs, draw them in.  Good idea.  Probably some good fish out there too.". If he caught her drift.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel teasingly glared at Rosalyn, with a grin. "Well, how about you tell me how I did? Think they'll enjoy my singing?" he asked, his grin widening. Then his eyes widened slightly as he caught her meetng. "Oh, yes, I might just catch some...fish." He chuckled lightly at that.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Well, you spot more than a few, maybe save me one or two?" She said with a friendly laugh in return.  Truth was, it had been a long while since she'd had any sort of liaison.  And while she didn't completely miss it, sometimes there was an itch needing scratching.  Less she might start lookin too closely at crew, and that would be a shame.

"I don't wanna keep you from Captain's orders too long, but good luck out there.  I think they'll like your singing fine," she said, dismissing any cheap remarks she might've made.  Here was another genuine soul, like Dakini, and she liked him fine as well.  Mayhaps he'd teach her a shanty or two one of these days.  She hadn't sung in a long while either.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He grinned back, and nodded towards Rosalyn. As the lady asked. "Course, I'll save some" he said, with a little bit of a friendly wink. "Though might be a bit hard to keep myself off" he added, with a sly grin he sometimes had. 

He nodded, a glad smile at the little comment at the end. "Yes, I should get going. I take too much time, and I might need to head back early for a breather." He gave a little wave of his tail as he started to head off. He'd need to find the coast again, so he knew just exactly what direction he was headed.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Don't put yer self out none," she said easily back, winking.  Wouldn't do to have him passing on anything for her sake; they were crew now, after all!

She watched him go, happy to have had another pleasant experience with one of the wolves of her new home, before flipping her tail a bit and heading back the way she'd come.  Mayhaps she'd chew a bit longer on that branch she'd found before heading back home.