Phoenix Maplewood the floodlights only point out your flaws
between the devil and the deep blue sea
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Private 
@Alarian! sorry it took me 50 years to get this up
She'd splintered off the main group soon after they'd come to his wood, trotting betwixt the trees a short distance from the rest, nose to the ground as she sought to pick up a trail. It was overcast again - no surprise there; but it wasn't terribly cold, which was a nice change. 

She huffed, breath streaming out in twin columns of fog, as she lost her trail. With an indignant sound, she cast her sterling gaze through the trees, attempting to will the hare to appear. This was the third trail she'd lost today, and she wasn't about to fail in front of the party.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian drifted away from the others when he noticed his niece, Lainie, was missing from the ensemble. He hadn't had much opportunity to get closer to her, and now he worried she was feeling... disconnected. Truth be told, he had never dealt with such a situation before-- a family member he had never met? It was awkward, to say the least. Blood connected them, but no experience; he wasn't certain what to do.
The boy approached her slowly, chuffing to catch her attention. Ali was determined to say something to her, even if he didn't yet know what.
between the devil and the deep blue sea
46 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Like Alarian, Lainie wasn't quite sure of the significance of being his niece. She didn't want to overplay it, however, and thus decided on simply friendliness toward him. They had no connection other than blood, really, and it seemed to the yearling that bonds created by choice were often more meaningful than those made by blood.

She was startled out of her thoughts by the chuff of her uncle himself, audits perking as she twisted back to face him. "hey,"  she greeted simply, continuing after a beat, "I thought I'd hunt - wanna join me?" She doesn't know if she'd make the offer to anyone else (besides Lilly or Xahi, of course) but she does some interest in her uncle, and the tales her mother told.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Assuming Lainie has mentioned Araia already!
The boy offered a smile when his niece turned to face him, noting her striking resemblance to Zamael. He wondered if she was anything like his brother-- if Lainie might steal his heart the way she had. Perhaps it was a foolish notion.
I'd love to. Alarian's tail swished behind him as he answered. He paused a few beats, uncertain. You know... I never met Araia, but Iriante-- her littermate-- spoke of her often. They were close before she left.
He spoke of her departure without judgment or resentment. Ali could hardlyt blame her for her escape. He just hoped his older sister, unknown as she was, had found happiness. The boy knew Iriante kept contact with her-- but while his father had lived, the specifics had been a necessary secret to all. No one had been willing to let his wrath find Araia.