Redhawk Caldera bedroom calling, better pick it up
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
All Welcome 
Clover was happy to be home, but not the happiest. She was somewhere right in the middle. 

After leaving the territory, she had acquired a taste for that sweet, sweet adventure—she wanted to know every single territory out there by name and landmark both. But there was something quite satisfying about returning home here. To the tiniest Blackthorn Finley produced this year, nothing could really compare to the Caldera. 

With that in mind, she rolled in the earth, reimprinting the territory with her scent. She wouldn't mind being a guardian like Towhee, but she also felt she might like to be a scout, perhaps. Maybe an ambassador of sorts. She liked other wolves (with the exception of the Blackfeather fucks), but was appropriately wary of them. Still, since Drageda's stay Clover had learned that it was possible to work with outsiders for a common cause at an early age. That was exciting to the youth. 

After rolling around for a good amount of time, Clover rose to all fours and began tracking the scent of her family. @Fiadh had seemed to pass through recently, so had @Tegan—her parents had also lurked around these parts. The scent of @Towhee, their new alpha and her big sister, was pretty prevalent here, too. It was only a matter of time before her course brought her to one of those faces, and each of them she enjoyed as much as the other.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Following a long patrol, Towhee padded to a tree just inside the borders and flopped down to take a rest, chin falling onto her outstretched forelegs. X circled for a moment before coming in for a landing, kicking up a shower of sparkling snow that draped over the Alpha's prostrate form. Only her eyes moved, watching the hawk, before she let out a soft woof to invite him closer. He hopped forward and nestled down beside her right shoulder blade, his sharp eyes vigilantly scanning the nearby horizon.

She fell into a doze, though she snapped awake the instant she felt X's wing joint bump against her cheek. Towhee lifted her head and rose to her feet in one fluid motion, squinting along the borderline. It was just Clover approaching from further within the territory. The yearling made a rumbling noise and shook the dusting of snow off her coat, then blinked herself properly awake and turned to face her little sister.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover missed Towhee rousing and rising from her nap; she moved deeper into the territory nose to the snow until she devoted the energy to decide that it was Towhee she wanted to see the most. After all, she had been hanging out with her sister and brother the entirety of their vacation, and her parents she'd see later anyhow. Her eyes flashed when Towhee came into view, and the youth picked up the pace. 

-Hey,- she greeted in their lingo, and she chuffed to X. I want to know everything about the war, she prompted, her tail waving. Towhee was a great story-teller. When Clover had gotten to the age she was not easily distracted, she had realized that. So really, who better to ask than the pack historian about the battle? The niceties had been exchanged during their initial homecoming, but Clover was always thrilled to see her big sister. Her tail waved and she moved to offer the newly ranked alpha a submissive kiss to her chin. While hierarchy had yet to be forced upon her, Clover was beginning to understand its importance and wanted Towhee to know that she certainly respected her new station.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Clover immediately requested a breakdown of the recent war. Towhee's mouth opened, then closed again. -Hang on a minute,- she signed, -I'm not awake enough for this.- She made a conscientious effort to fully rouse herself by giving her body another shake, drawing in several deep breaths and even pacing back and forth. Slowly, her brain booted up properly and she settled on her hindquarters again, peering in her sister's direction.

She was so young, though Towhee didn't feel as though she should sugarcoat or, worse yet, withhold the details. Clover needed to understand the gravity of the battle. -Although we won, it wasn't easy and it definitely wasn't pretty.- She pointed at the various cuts and bruises—many of them fully or partially hidden by her fur—and glanced at X, who had settled down like a brooding hen on a small snowdrift.

Returning her orange eyes to the youth's face, she began. -Your mom, Quixote and I entered the forest together. There was no sign of anyone at all for a long time. Then I yelled, calling them cowards, and that brought them out of hiding. That's also when Eljay randomly appeared.-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover waited (im)patiently for her sister to rouse more to begin the story-telling process. To hear the battle won wasn't easily done really didn't change her opinion on how cool she imagined war to be. It was her youth that brought this perspective, and her lack of knowing her own mortality.

She listened rapt as Towhee explained, and shock was on her face as she heard of Eljay being there. But she recalled him being in Drageda, and had not known him to be a fraidy-cat in her lifetime, and so she grinned proudly. Blackthorns kicked butt. But the word random did capture her interest. -Randomly??? How random? Why?-
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Of all the details she had expected Clover to try to pry from her, Towhee hadn't expected this one. Her mouth opened and shut twice while she tried to wrap her mind around what exactly her sister was asking. She blinked too, just for good measure.

-He wasn't supposed to be there,- she explained, signing slowly. -Not just with our particular party but with the group as a whole. I don't really know where he came from. He was just there all of a sudden. And to tell you the truth, he wasn't nearly as good of a fighter as the rest of us. But he helped simply by being there, I think.-

Before continuing and describing how the enemies had waged an attack only to retreat moments later, Towhee paused to see if Clover would have any more (off-the-wall) questions.

254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
She had no more questions from there. She wasn't savvy enough to be concerned about how Eljay might have found out things he might not have been meant to know, or that he involved himself in a situation he was not meant to be a part of. Towhee said he helped, and Clover was happy for that; he was her big brother, after all, and by proxy Clover thought he was great. Her experience with him was far more limited than Towhee's own. 

Clover leaned forward now, portraying the image "on the edge of your seat" as she listened, rapt.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Clover posed no more questions, Towhee picked up where she'd left off. -I actually didn't notice Eljay until after the fact, because I was jumped. Just seconds after calling out, there was a she-wolf at my neck. I won't lie to you, Clo. It was scary, especially being down one sense. Even though I've never been able to hear and I've never known a difference, I knew then and I know now that it gave me a disadvantage in combat.-

She paused and licked her lips, even though it was her legs that were getting weary from all the signing. -I was busy trying to save my own neck, so I didn't see what else was going on. But in what felt like the blink of an eye, her teeth were gone and the whole lot of them were fleeing back into the woods, like the cowardly little bitches they were.-

And if she could go back and do anything differently, she would have given chase, with or without Finley's blessing. She would have rounded up and slew every last one of them. Because they'd won the fight, and the war, but in some ways, the Blackfeathers still had the last laugh. They were still out there, still at large, still terrorizing... just doing all of it in a different neighborhood.

With that sobering thought in mind, Towhee motioned to her sister to join her as she climbed onto all fours and began roaming the borders again. X drifted after them as she gave voice to her thoughts: "In hindsight, I wish we'd gone after them, really made sure the threat was eliminated." She peered at the young girl, wondering if Clover would pick up what she meant. "We'll hope for the best—that they're gone for good—but prepare for the worst," she concluded, cracking her neck as she resumed the tireless patrolling of the caldera's borders.