Moonspear night ride
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
technically backdated a lil bit but steady with my continuity so i'm good, tags are loose so no obligations bc any are def welcome  ;D
The huge full moon had turned blood red, and even now, a few nights after, its alluring brightness illuminated her forested pathway in shifting, spotting patches. Content with this kind of familiar company, she moved lightly over the landscapes, and thrummed with the restless wiliness the season would grant her, but relatively without concern or need for the moment.

After a fulfilling day sequestered into the mountain's solitude close to only @Charon, her wants were sated for a time and she was ready enough to move down and out again. She wore his scent thickly, worked well into the thick ruff of her fur, and this with, knowing that he stayed close kept her in relatively decent spirits anyway--the last days had been a necessary reprieve from the slew of troublesome concerns, after all. 

But despite a large chunk of her subtleties on this having fled, she knew they still had outerlands to keep watch over and a mountain to maintain. The very thought of which brought an increasing edge, especially now, if she ever needed more motivation as she angled towards a lower path.

She knew where to turn first, however, and towards something that would be bound to happen. Perhaps they already knew it too and were not so far behind. She tipped back her muzzle and searched the cold wind for a trace of her @Alya, @Lyra, and @Hydra. When she did, she noticed the clouds gathering and first of the evening's flurries beginning to fall.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya had been doing quite a bit of bouncing around lately. She felt withing her a powerful urge to go forth and rub herself all over rocks and trees and boys, but having no suitble prospects in Moonspear and being wholly commited to protecting her family, Alya had succeeded in nothing more than annoying her sisters and grizzling at anyone who came too close to the borders. (Which, to Alya, spanned a far wider circle than any lone wolf might realize.)

But she was still happy to see her mother. Although this year came with the knowledge that her mother and father were definitely doing it, it'd been much the same as last year. She'd attempted to catch glimpses of their coupling, but all and sundry had kept her fairly busy, and Alya had once more succeeded in knowing nothing at all about sex.

"Hi, Mama," she greeted, sounding a little tired and a little wary. "Nice to see you back down here again." There was, perhaps, a bit of a teasing lilt to the daughter's voice.
i can't help but be my own god
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Their scents were here and there at once, all woven so intricately across these paths, both fresh and faded. She knew without a doubt that their influence ran deep.. even when she selfishly receded to the heart of the mountain, nothing out here was going unseen by them. This, as it often did, brought her some measure of solace, but as far as she cared, it could stay a short-lived relief for now. Much more than that, she wanted to see them--tangible, real and in the flesh; when she finally got the glimpse she wanted of at least one, she could think of little else in that brief instant.

She closed space between them and nudged into her daughter's neck for a greeting. Should she let it, she fondly deepened the gesture with a low rumble. It took her a beat to collect her words into anything beyond contentment. "Yeah, being back down here is.." she drew off and stepped back half a length when she did not have the most immediate of summaries for what she stewed upon. Nice, because routine on her coziest of routes soothed some part of her. Cold, because Charon wasn't immediately here, touching her fur with his. And, what she'd rather not dwell on--Unsettling, in all that awaited, and the what was to come. She was looking at Alya as her conflicting distractions tangled, possessive and feeling affectionate. Instead of all that, above the din of it all, she chose to just enjoy seeing her striking dark daughter. "I missed you. It is good to be back around, in its own ways." she finished with, two thoughts, at once, but there were more. She wagged her tail gently anyway.

"I miss anything good?" she asked, then played a more familiar smirk onto her expression.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya's tail wagged. "We've missed you," she assured the older woman, turning and gesturing for Amekaze to continue leading with a tip of her nose. Moments alone with her mother were always cherished, but she was eager to have the woman back among them nearer to the mountain's base.

Her mother's question was thought over carefully. Alya filled her in on a few of the smaller comings and goings of her packmates, but the answer was no, not much was going on. Except... well, "I've been seeing a boy from Blackfeather," she admitted, shooting a her mother a sideways glance. "Nothing has really come of it, but... I do like him. A little."

Truthfully, she wasn't sure how she felt about Vaati.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She settled in to listen with her attention peaked first and foremost about the Blackfeather boy. Rightfully so, with everything else mainly mundane, he proved to be the most interesting piece. "Oh?" she tilted her head at the glance and would not mind hearing more about it. Blackfeather, who they had struck their balance with as far as she knew.. which she realized, may even be in part to their time seeing. It seemed a little like her father to have an interest in theirs.

"Hm. Well a little is still something.." she wouldn't discredit it entirely just yet, especially since she brought him up at all. Who knew how many others she encountered that weren't even worth remembering. "Is he strong?" she investigated with a nod. "And fierce and scarred and magnificent, I hope?" she sneered with a small touch of humor in her eyes then. If he would ever consider himself worthy of her earnest affections.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya released a breath when her mother did not react negatively. She wasn't quite sure what she'd expected, but his was certainly the prefered reaction. A huff of laughter escaped her at her mother's questions. "He's all those things," she assured, unable to quell the tiny smile that quirked her lips. "The biggest wolf I've ever seen, with scars you wouldn't think a man could come back from. As for magnificent... well, I guess I can't speak for that. But I think he could be."

He was still young, and although he seemed to have achieved much, he was still dirt in her father's eyes. She had to remember that.

"Daddy wouldn't like him, though," she revealed, shaking back her fur as if that didn't bother her. "So it's really a moot point. But maybe I won't tell him that just yet."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Ame sensed that Alya may understand why she asked the things she did. Accordingly to her answers, and how readily they presented, she had been keeping her eye on about the same too.. so the mother could appreciate that. "Sounds interesting, but that is good. I hope he can," she breathed as for his magnificence with a curious glint in her eye. At least he had the potential, and she recognized this all as necessary--unsurprisingly. Ame had tried to piece together an image of this wolf that had caught her daughter's attentions such as he had managed to do, and had to wonder if interest would last long enough for her to see him ever.

As for her father, she tilted her head at the apparent acceptance of it, just like that. Perhaps it stemmed from him being Blackfeather, but if anything, she had felt Charon's stance on them circumstantial. There had to be more. "Why is that? Beyond the fact that he is any boy short of perfection.." and that Alya was Charon's daughter, certainly beneath the gaze of his scrutiny when it came to those situations of boys and beyond. She felt that protective prickle too, albeit differently; she would support what was in their best interests, of course.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya hadn't really planned on revealing the identity of her paramour when she'd approached her mother. But she hadn't planned on starting this conversation either, and Alya was tired. Secrets didn't hold the appeal that they used to. Not when they were so much work.

"It's Vaati, Mom," she said after a moment, refusing to be disgusted with herself. She told herself that it wasn't betrayal, that Daddy didn't understand, that Rannoch had made his bed and now he could watch her sleep with it. But there was still an odd, deadened feeling in her chest. The secret was out, and Alya realized she had no idea what she was doing, or why.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She gave a flick of an ear first, then followed with a soft hm. Vaati. Still, elusive to her sights exactly, but now with all of these details to tie together, she now had a far more interesting picture to paint. Alya's thoughts on Charon's opinions made a bit more sense with this in place.

Still, this was information she had not anticipate quite so clearly. Perhaps also that explanation she had been looking for towards their present peace with the Blackfeather--she refused to smirk outright, lest she encourage unintentionally. Maybe that wasn't everything. "Ah.. well. Does it have anything to do with the balance struck with them these days?" she paired with a small head tilt, still interested in piecing it apart better. No matter if it was subtle, she wondered what her daughters had been up to, and suspected nothing less.

She reasoned that Charon couldn't fault him for nature of being of Blackfeather alone, considering his own ties to there. The contexts were plenty different (especially if Alya would see this ever become more)--childhood friends, both, though, but even Ame did not know the lengths of that bond--not beyond his protectiveness over it since it had simply always been. Plus, he was the son of that friend--how should that play into this entirely? However, also Kjalarr.. Tevinter.. whichever he had been at the time--who was also Floki's very twin. Amekaze wondered about this, and if the boy's head was as fickle as his father's. "Sounds like Vaati already did well to make a bad first impression on him anyway. I would like to meet him myself one day, too.." This impetuous, young Dark Master was a curious figure among their recent histories, after all. At best, Ame had only met Meldresi once years ago and that was the most that she had to do with that lot except for hearing mentions of what they could do, or had done; she was horribly out of their loop.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya gave a little shrug. It wasn't the cause of the balance, but it was certainly a product of it. The girls were still not sure how much they wanted to share with their parents on the matter. They had their own things to worry about, and the matter was closed, so why bother them with it? In the end, she kept it simple. "Only in that it came about after the balance was struck. I wouldn't get involved with someone I thought wanted to do my family harm." She still felt guilty about Vaati, though.

She was surprised to hear that Amekaze still wanted to meet him. Perhaps it was for her own reasons, and not because it was someone Alya was involved with. Either way, the younger woman was not against it. "I'll let him know the next time I see him," she said with a laugh, thinking it would be quite funny to see how Vaati did against her very formidable mother. "Come on - I'll take you to Lyra and Hydra." She nudged her mother's shoulder in the direction they were going, not wanting to actually take the lead. It was a balm to her confused and tired soul to be able to walk at her mother's side after dealing with these problems on her own for so long. The Cerberus might be fiercely independant, but it was always comforting to be with their mysterious dam.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
There were depths at play here, she knew, and only nodded thoughtfully to keep these new pieces at heart. Maybe it was something that would matter more, or not, but she was listening and she would remember. Then, to the favorable return, she waved her tail for a few sweeps then. "No rush," she chuffed although it was marked by a hint of gratitude. She would like to make her true call on this Vaati then.. whenever that may be. For now, it was fine to be her daughter's matter and in the cerberus, Amekaze had faith--as she would be busy soon enough anyway as she caught her thoughts looking to wander back to her mate.

But much the same, when she made for her nudge, Ame leaned against it and tried for a quick nip back her way before she turned her sights that direction. Happy to grasp the idea of the rest of the sisters, Ame's steps were light and sure to gain speed soon once the trail took shape and they were on the way.