Blacktail Deer Plateau our little corner of the milky way
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
I'd love for @Grayday, @Sylvas Streiter, and/or @Aditya :) All of her boys!

It was very unfortunate, the timing of Sorrel's inner awakening; it seemed as though she was only able to find herself once everyone else had been lost. Most of the pack members were sick, recovering, or otherwise unavailable, including both of her dads and Adi! She'd become bored and frustrated by herself, away from everyone in quarantine while having to occupy her time with unsuccessful hunts and stubbed dew claws. 

Eventually, she decided that she would rather have another cold than spend anymore time on her own. Sorrel took the daring move away from the borders to the rendezvous to search for any of her missing family.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
Family is not an important thing. It is everything.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Worry and anger plagued the man's mind as he ventured through the plateau. Half the pack had fallen frightfully sick, which deeply troubled the man, but in their weakened state, it seemed that every opportunist in the wilds wanted to try and test their boundaries. And on numerous occasions! It infuriated Sylvas. The thought that countless outsiders had even dared to attempt to step paw into their home had caused his brown furr to bristle. Whilst the others recovered, Syl swore that he would patrol twice as much.

Large paws guided the brute straight toward the famous rendezvous site and in his approach, a low grumble fell from leathery lips. With his nose twitching, Syl raised his head to sniff at the air, soon detecting the strong scent of his daughter lingering close by. Giving a small wag of his unkept tail, the father decided to let out a soft bark of sorts, hoping to inform her of his presence.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Just before she'd made it far enough to sniff out any of the others, Sylvas's bark froze her in place where she stood. Sorrel scanned the area for a moment, her baby blues finally settling on his frame. There was an immediate boost to her spirits — with her tail wagging and her ears splayed, Sorrel belly crawled over to her dad to greet him with a sloppy lick to the cheek. 

Times like these, when it was just the two of them, were few and far between, so when the opportunity arose, Sorrel tried to take advantage. Papa, she cooed with a giggle, Feel better?
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
He grinned broadly when Sorrel finally noticed him, an unkept tail swaying even more behind him as she began to crawl in his direction. A joyous whine slipped from his mouth as his cheek was covered with an affectionate lick, to which Sylvas returned the favour as he gently licked at his daughter's head. 

Ears swivelled as Sorrel spoke and Syl peered down at the girl with a smile when she finished with a giggle, "Sweatheart, with you 'round I'll always feel better." He said before nudging her softly with his nose. Though, deep down, the brute would feel a lot better once this sickness had passed, hoping that everyone stricken with it would make a swift and full recovery.
131 Posts
Ooc —
The affirmation of Sorrel's significance in her father's life was easily accepted. Knowing that she meant just as much to him as he did to her was a reassurance that she couldn't have been more glad to have. Since joining Morningside and immersing herself in the common tongue, Sorrel's language skills had improved dramatically, though still not quite enough for her to tell him what she really wanted to say: I'll never leave you, Papa.

The smell of ick still had a faint cling to his coat, though Sorrel didn't think it was worth addressing. Even if he was still feeling under the weather, he'd made his way to her; she had never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Where you going? she asked, wondering if she might be able to tag along.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
Leathery nose twitched, nostrils flaring as a loud and unexpected sneeze escaped him, the man's bulky frame giving a vigorous shake as his brown mixed fur bristled on end. Quickly regaining his composure the brute offered Sorrel a small smile and a gentle wag of his tail. The ginger wolf had been lucky to get away with only a stuffy nose and dry cough throughout this plague, but unfortunately the same couldn't be said for other members of the pack.

His mind drifted, though torn ears were swift to arch forward as Sorrel's voice broke the silence and the man paused for a moment. He had planned to keep up with his regular border patrols and had been doing so daily, whilst the others recovered in the safety of their dens. He was always alone when strolling the edges of the territory and hadn't thought about ever inviting someone along.

Licking his chops, Sylvas replied softly with a sway of his tail , "I was just going to patrol the Western borders." He smiled, amber eyes briefly peering around the platue and gradually back to Sorrel before he spoke again, "Do.. you want to join me?" He asked, tilting his head some as he waited.
131 Posts
Ooc —
While border patrol wasn't Sorrel's ideal pastime, it was something that she could do with her father. His presence was so comforting, yet the lack of viable information shared between the two of them made Sylvas seem more foreign than either of them wanted. Not to mention, there was no better opportunity to practice her speaking skills than to have a catch-up with her old man. So, even though Sorrel wasn't too keen on the idea of patrolling, she nodded her head in hesitant agreement. 

Show me? she asked, hoping that Sylvas wasn't expecting her to already know anything about the task at hand.
223 Posts
Ooc — Ambz
A singular ear twitched as Syl peered curiously at his daughter, waiting quietly for her response, all the while a warm smile was displayed across his scarred muzzle. Gradually his head perked as Sorrel replied and the man's unkept tail gave a gentle sway behind him, "I've checked the other borders, so this is will be the last one." Sylvas said with a nod as he turned and slowly began to make his way West across the plateau.

The warrior's pace was casual, unlike his usual quick jog when patrolling alone. He wanted to grasp this opportunity and spend as much time as he could with her - hoping that he could strengthen the bond between them. "I'm sure you already know why we  check the borders.." He said with a smile, "So, can you tell me what else you think goes on when patrolling?" The ginger man asked, amber eyes glancing over to her curiously as he gave a soft sway of his tail.

I'm sorry for the crap post and long wait.. RL is currently being a royal pain :(