Blacktail Deer Plateau If I die Young
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Grayday's response warmed him to the core and he felt himself smiling as he relaxed. It felt like he was a kid again, every part of him touched by his father's praise. His tail beat against the ground enthusiastically, the first energetic display he'd had in a while as he opened his eyes again and smiled up at his father. "Thank you. I always..worried that because I'd picked Easthollow and argued...been so bitter with Dawn that I had something to make up for. I thought the pain I caused would last forever and I'd have to be amazing to make up for it. I'm really happy to hear that I've done good...I needed that." He spoke softly as he began to grow tired again though he still fought to stay awake, afraid that if he fell asleep he'd never wake up again. If these were to be his last moments he wanted his dad to be okay when he was gone. 

"You're an amazing dad. You..Through Everything you've done everything you could. I see that. It's why i aim to be like you. You're strong and an amazing leader, everyone loves and respects you. Even though you've made mistakes and lost a lot you keep going. I...I don't think I admire anyone like I do you" he finally fell silent though he kept looking at his dad. Slowly he lifted his head from his paws and scooted closer, pushing his nose into his father's shoulder. He nuzzled him gently before moving back again and laying down, the tip of his tail wagging slowly with contentment.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
If I die Young - by Sunny - February 05, 2018, 03:00 AM
RE: If I die Young - by Grayday Sr. - February 06, 2018, 10:50 PM
RE: If I die Young - by Sunny - February 07, 2018, 09:02 PM
RE: If I die Young - by Grayday Sr. - February 11, 2018, 11:18 PM
RE: If I die Young - by Sunny - February 14, 2018, 06:08 PM
RE: If I die Young - by Grayday Sr. - February 18, 2018, 12:53 AM
RE: If I die Young - by Sunny - February 19, 2018, 09:40 PM
RE: If I die Young - by Grayday Sr. - March 12, 2018, 09:19 PM