Dragoncrest Cliffs mr. krabs is one thicc bih
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
Despite the annoyance building up inside her, Furi doesn’t do anything just yet. The winter brews against them, laying the snow on thick on any open ground. Even the redwoods host several inches blown in. She’s discovered she isn’t much more snow and she’d prefer to stay out of it as much as she can when it’s like this. Being her first winter, she hadn’t really known what to expect, and she’s been too nervous to ask anyone else. Eske, or Étoille maybe, but she’s kept to herself in the meantime.

After a while, she stumbles upon a site disturbed and noses around to find two rabbits, frozen in the cache. She pulls one, leaves the other, and shuffles back away to eat her spoils in peace.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
It was wonderful to be back with her family in their beloved home on the sea cliffs. But Wildfire would be lying if she said she didn't feel slightly discombobulated at times. She felt like an outsider somewhat, especially considering she couldn't enter Hougeda, where the pack tended to congregate. She knew she just needed to give it some time, though she doubted she would ever be able to go underground again. She had spent months imprisoned beneath the earth and even just skirting around the caves made her feel anxious and claustrophobic.

Today, she wandered the beach for a while before the driving wind pushed her inland to scout through the woods in search of prey. Up ahead, she spotted a pale figure with darker points and recognized one of the pack's young Dragedakru. If she wasn't mistaken, Blixen spent a lot of time with this other Gona, though Wildfire had yet to tap too deeply into the wellspring of her children's social lives. There was still quite a lot of catching up to do.

She watched as the youth sifted through the very cache Wildfire had recently padded, then began to meander away with a frozen rabbit in her mouth. "Hey there," the Feisripa called out before she could disappear into the woods, trotting forward to introduce herself. "I'm Wildfire. You're a friend of Blixen's, aren't you?"
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Hey there.

Before Furi gets too far, she hears the voice of another and immediately jumps and drops the kill to the ground. She manages to stifle the surprised yelp that instantly formed in her throat. The woman, who she recognizes as Blixen’s mother, introduces herself. She licks her lips and looks down at the rabbit, feeling her stomach churn at the idea of eating now since knots have formed in the pit of her belly. She doesn’t want to make it too obvious so, for the moment, she leaves it on the ground to try and address the situation.

As she finds it impossible to shake the nerves that suddenly developed, she focuses on the woman ahead. Her pale eyes linger on the ground a moment longer and eventually finds her. “Yeah,” she says, hesitantly. If Wildfire thinks she’s Blixen’s friend, then Blixen hasn’t been vocal about anything since their last real conversation. Half of her is filled with relief that she does not have to face any (more) weird confrontation with her mother and the other half wonders what Blixen thinks at all about the situation. “Um, I’m Furi,” she introduces after a moment, unsure if the woman knows her name at all or not.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Instantly, Wildfire sensed the girl's nervousness. Her chestnut eyes dropped to the kill haphazardly dropped at her feet up to her pretty, dark face. Wildfire wondered if she was an intimidating figure simply by merit of being Blixen's mother, or perhaps the commander's mate. In any case, she didn't take the youth's edgy demeanor personally.

She did her best to inject warmth into her voice as she said, "Nice to meet you, Furi. Mind if I join you for lunch...?" She raised her brows questioningly even as she stepped up to the cache and retrieved the last of the three rabbits she'd put in here not too long ago. The Feisripa then moved back toward the Gona, placing it at her feet. "I'm trying to catch up with everything and everyone around here," she added in an explanatory sort of tone.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi studies the woman’s features and before she gets a chance to explain, every other possibility hits her. Maybe this isn’t a cache she’s allowed to choose from, or she’d have her heart set out on a rabbit. Either way, she doesn’t touch the one she’s chosen until she hears the kindness in her words. She doesn’t expect the offer, nor does she answer right away, and instead watches as she backs up and retrieves the other kill from the cache. “Okay,” she says quietly, looking down at the hare by her feet before glancing up. “That sounds like a lotta work.”
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
"Hmmm?" Wildfire didn't quite understand Furi's comment, though it clicked into place after a beat. "Oh, well... there's definitely a lot of catching up to do. But I wouldn't call it work." She smiled gently. "One of my top priorities," she continued in the next breath, "is getting up to speed with my children's lives. I'm under the impression you're pretty close to Blix, so of course I'd like to get to know you.

Would you like to carry these somewhere more comfortable? Maybe with a view?"
she suggested, striking out a foreleg to point at their respective hares.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
After her mistake is pointed out, Furi’s cheeks burn red with embarrassment. Of course it’s not work to reunite with her family and catch up on what she’s missed. How would she be if she found her family again? How much excitement would she have to see their face and tell them everything that happened and to hear what’s going on with them? She bites her lip, ears cupped forward to try and listen—though she hears herself telling her to listen than actually listening—so when she’s offered to go somewhere else, she doesn’t stumble.

And she does exactly that.

“Uh, o-okay,” she manages to stammer out before quickly dropping her head and picking up the hare to follow wherever Wildfire wanted to go.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire's attempts to put the younger wolf at ease did not appear to be working. Nonetheless, Furi agreed. The Feisripa picked up her rabbit and began trotting toward a small hillock that would afford them a better view of the sprawling woods, as well as a peek of the cliffs and sea over yonder.

Once they reached it, Wildfire settled on her belly with the rabbit held fast between her forelegs. She began nibbling at its frozen ears, though she took a break to query, "So how long have you lived in Drageda?"
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi internally kicks herself to agreeing to this but she doesn’t know how to say no. They’d gone to war for the woman, turning her down may as well be a crime at this point. But she’s Blixen’s mother and the last thing she wants to do is to stumble into unknown territory about a relationship she isn’t entirely sure she understands (or even has?). By the time Wildfire has settled on a spot, she has to stutter her steps to avoid crashing blindly into her.

She wrinkles her nose and settles on the ground a short distance away. Between then and now her appetite hasn’t reappeared but she slowly pulls at the kill. “A few moons, I guess,” she tells her and licks her lips, settling her paws on top of the hare instead. “Eske found me during a scouting mission when they were looking for you,” she explains, recollecting the days getting cooler and thankful the wanlida found her before the weather turned for the worse.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire froze at Furi's words, not because there was anything particularly astounding about them but because she hadn't really thought about what events had preceded that fateful day on Redhawk Caldera's borders. She remembered withering away in that grave of a cave, sure her family had given up on her long ago. She knew better nowadays; she understood how hard they'd fought—literally—to avenge her and bring her home. But hearing it from Furi just now still triggered a cascade of emotions within the newly returned Feisripa.

After taking a moment to buffer, Wildfire blinked and wondered, "Where did you live before?"
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Furi stiffens when Wildfire pries a little more. It’s not exactly like talking to Blixen as she expected (hoped). If she knew how to avoid thinking too hard about what the question pricks in her memory, she’d go around it all together, but she isn’t given such reprieve. Maybe, on a different day, they could relate in their feelings, as she thinks about what she left behind. How long did they search for her? Are they still? Drageda hasn’t given up on Wildfire through everything they’ve been through, and then some.

She fiddles with her feet a few seconds before answering, covering up part of the rabbit. ”I don’t really remember. I wasn’t very old when I got lost,” she explains and licks her lips. ”Eske saved me,” she adds, having since shied away from the memories before that day.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire's ears splayed and she gave Furi a troubled look. She had gotten lost as a pup, by the sound of it. As a mother, the Feisripa could imagine how horrible this must have been for her family. Where were they now? Were they still looking for their wayward daughter? If one of her children was to go missing, Wildfire knew she would walk to the ends of the earth and back, never giving up until she found them.

"I'm sorry," she said rather blandly. "I'm glad Eske was able to help you though." She fell silent after that, sensing that Furi needed a break from the interrogation, and focused on tearing apart and eating her rabbit.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Wildfire’s apology doesn’t go ignored. Furi offers a bit of a smile though she feels a little awkward. Even though the woman doesn’t say anything else, digging into her rabbit, she still feels awkward and out of place. Her stomach turns but she attempts to pull at her own rabbit and pull bits of meat away so it’s not even worse by refusing something she’d wanted in the first place. Just a few bites—essentially half the rabbit—leaves a weird rumble of anxiety in her belly so she puts it down, licking her lips and turning to look out over the horizon instead.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
For a time, they ate in silence, though Wildfire noticed Furi was only picking at her own meal. She wondered about the youth's nervousness, deliberating on whether to keep pushing her in the interest of better getting to know her daughter's friend (and her own pack mate, of course) or let her alone for now and reconvene some other time. They did live in the same place, after all.

"Well, thanks for humoring me, Furi," the Feisripa said after polishing off her rabbit. Licking her lips, she rose. "I'm sure I'll see you around. For now, I think I'm gonna go bug Heda." She bobbed her head, then swiveled, letting Furi off the hook and trotting away.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
It is an awkward silence for Furi as Wildfire finishes up with her kill and she barely has taken anything from hers. She stares at it for several seconds, trying to build up the urge to just take a bit and get it over with but something keeps her jaws locked shut, teeth glued together against her wishes. Finally, after a moment of pep talk, she parts her jaws to go for it just as Wildfire speaks up. Her jaws instantly snaps together as she retreats her interest in the meal and tries to smile without showing an anxious relief all at once. Furi mumbles a bye and remains rooted on the ground for a while longer before she’s able to get up and shake everything off.