Cerulean Cape That's why I couldn't stay around
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
for @Pippin and/or @Kyera - @Arrille for reference.
Takes place on the 23rd of February. :)

Just when her pawpads had healed she was forced to walk away from something again. She still believed that she had been in the right, still felt that Wylla was just an irrational lunatic and, most importantly, still loved Ingram. But he hadn't come with her. Apparently you could trust friends more than the ones you loved, since only Arrille had come with her. Something smoldered deep inside of her chest, a feeling that was very foreign to her; a hatred for the coastal pack yet also a desire to proof she was better than a simple outcast. Oh, she would show them alright.

Following the shoreline to what she knew was the hinterlands, she passed a particular beautiful spot. She stared at the aqua blue of the shallow waters. Perhaps she wasn't a coastal wolf after all. Now that she thought about it, she had always been more comfortable in a forest. That was part of the reason she wouldn't settle on the coast again. With Arrille off for a while, she was left with her own thoughts as she simply stood there.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
The elegant beauty of the waves on shallow water had always mesmerized her. The scent of the ocean calmed her, making her almost forget where she had come from and what she had been through. Her desire to rise above what she had come from brought her here, desperate to prove herself. Passing by a small little cove, bright with sunlight, she slowly stepped in, grateful she had found a place she could use for a small rest.

She could scent the faintest trace of other wolves, though she figured she was safe this close to the water's egde. She brushed her long, brown, fur off, getting rid of any stones and earth before laying down among the sand and plants. She drifted off, and awoke to feel as if someone was there with her. She assumed it was an animal, as no wolf scent could be found. She became more alert, worried that something terrible may occur soon enough.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi sighed, the cold of winter not near as cold as she felt right now. How many times had she spent with Ingram? How she missed his warmth and companionship... But don't ya dwell on i', Chusi. He didn't even wanna come with ya. The voice in her head was right. It was no use to keep thinking about him. For all she knew, they would never meet again. This realization made her feel even colder. At least she Arrille; he was a great friend, collar and trouble-making skills included.

When she looked to the side, her ocher eyes landed on a female. Coal with milky chocolate and tawny together with the white of the snow. She didn't seem much older than Chusi herself, and she smiled in her direction. Anythin' ta keep ya mind off tha boy - go say hi!

She turned and called cheerfully; Hiya there!
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
Kyera jumped at the sudden voice that seemed to be calling out to her. She turned to see a charcoal colored wolf smilng in her direction. She abruptly stood up, her tail waving gently back and forth. It had been what felt like ages since she had seen another wolf, much less spoken to one. Kyera smiled at the she-wolf, staring into the wolf's bright ochre eyes. "Hello!" she called happily.

She trotted over to where the other wolf stood, taking in the scent of her. She smiled again, and opened her mouth to speak. "I'm not intruding on a territory here, am I?" she asked, worried she may have done something wrong. Her life had been a collage of her being scolded, for so many reasons Kyera could not remember.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She was greeted with enthusiasm in return. Chusi was glad for that; a happy peppy conversation always kept her mind off of the terrible things that seemed to happen after each time something good happened. This was how she had made friends for life - or at least for a very long time before they were lost to fate or some other kind of power that drew them.

The long-legged female swayed her tail, returning the greeting. Nah - not by a long shat! She chipped. Grimnismal was far, Drageda even further. As far as Chusi knew, they were far away from any kind of pack that could chase them away. Fearghal - Chusi Fearghal - nice ta meet ya.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
Kyera sighed in relief, her body relaxing, her muscles untensing, her fur smoothing. "Good. I'm not in the mood to deal with that right now," she laughed dryly. The charcoal wolf introduced herself warmly, and Kyera returned the favor. "Kyera. It's nice to meet you as well."

Kyera wondered what this she-wolf was doing out here if this wasn't a pack territory. She wondered if she had stumbled upon another outcast wolf like herself, roaming from forest to forest looking for some sort of company. She knew assuming would get her nowhere, and she was a curious wolf, always asking questions and wanting answers. Chusi did not seem like she resided with a pack, though she inquired anyways. "Do you belong to a pack from around these woods?" She hoped the answer was a no, as she could use a companion for her travels or just someone to stay with for a little while.
pledged to the velingar
[Image: images?width=400&height=71]
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Kyera. She made a mental note to remember. So far, she had never ever forgotten a name, or a place for that matter. It seemed her strength lay with remembering stuff well and fighting kind of good. What a great list'o attributes, Chusi - why thank ya Chusi. She beamed a bright smile, a blush flushing her cheeks. It had been a while since her travels and meeting so many strangers to befriend, perhaps now it would all pay off as she tried to assemble her band for The Velingar.

Chusi chuckled. Not anymure. She shook her head. Buuuuht, mah friend and I are on our way ta tha hinterlands. While they hadn't discussed a specific place for them to settle down and rest their weary bodies, Chusi wanted a forest again. A bright, amazing forest - far better than any coast would ever be!
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
Kyera was glad to hear Chusi wasn't a pack wolf. Silent elation passed through her, she hoped they could become friends. She was sick of travelling alone, the eerie silence where nothing could be heard other than her soft footfalls and the nature around them. Kyera nodded, and wondered where the hinterlands were and what they were, she had never heard about them before. She had grown up sheltered, but hadn't ever traveled far. "I see." she said, a smile on her face. 

She tilted her head to the side. "What're the hinterlands? I've never heard of them." Kyera debated asking to accompany them, but she held back. She didn't know where they were headed, and she didn't want to find a territory full of dreadfullness and terror. Her homeland was close by, she had never traveled as far as she had to find the cove she rested in.
pledged to the velingar
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi could relate to travelling alone a lot. She had done so for like 2 moons. It had been a life-changing trip all around Teekon, which was also why she was so familiair with the lands. There was the coast here, one row of mountains there and another one there, behind those were the hinterlands and in-between was sort of like the flatlands.

Ah - Tha hinterlands are a bit offa wet place, but real pritty. She assumed the girl was new here, which wasn't a problem. She lifted her paw and pointed somewhat awkwardly to the second row of mountains that were just visible from where they were, though they didn't trail all the way to the sea. They're just behind those mountains! Buht along tha coast is waayy easier than climbin' all tha way ovah. Her former bloodied paws could confirm that.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
Kyera nodded, she could see what Chusi was pointing to. The hinterlands, wet but pretty, as the other wolf had described it. Kyera grew up by the coast, and frequently swam and settled by rivers. Water wasn't a bother, it was a blessing and something she considered her home. She felt a sudden urge to break away from conversation and make her way past the mountains to the new lands she had never seen. Her curiousity had led her on many adventures and gotten her into so much trouble as a pup.

"Ah, I see. I may have to make my way there someday." Kyera didn't want to be a bother to the other wolf. She hated solo living, but she didn't want to intrude on Chusi's life. "Maybe I'll see you there someday?" she said, blushing slightly.
pledged to the velingar
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[Image: i_m_kiara.gif]

The Hinterlands had rivers aplenty, probably with lots of fish too. But a month of living off sea food hadn't put Chusi in the mood for any more slimy, wet foods. She wanted something sturdy and meaty, something with large bones she could lick off when Arrille and her had eaten the biggest part of it. But, 2 wolves probably wouldn't finish a deer or so all by themselves before the time came to travel again. 3 would definitely be preferred...

She slid in like a smooth criminal, her lashes fluttering as the wind blew in her eyes. How 'bout right now? Three is definitely bettah than just one.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
Kyera was filled with elation at the she-wolf's words. She smiled, looking back at Chusi and nodding quickly. "I'd love to join you and your friend." She knew her tracking, hunting, and fighting skills could come in handy, and she was very well rounded since she was a lone wolf for so long. She was thrilled that she would no longer have to travel alone, sleep with one eye open, and eat small game.

Kyera's tail swung back and forth in happiness as she thought of what was in store for her, and she shivered as the wind blew over her. She was happy to not only have one companion, but two. "When do we leave?" she inquired, her face lit up, her paws ready to go.

pledged to the velingar
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her pearly whites caught the filtered sunlight through the clouds as she grinned, her own floofy tail now waving as a flag in the air. She liked Kyera and she was sure @Arrille wouldn't mind two pretty females to walk between on their way to a new home. Perhaps she could play matchmaker for a change, though she hoped they wouldn't suffer the same fate as she had then.

Chusi looked at the sky. In an hour or so it would get dark and even colder. Perhaps it was better to resume their travels tomorrow. Tomorrow mornin'? She asked. If all went well, perhaps Arrille had already found a place for them to pile up so they wouldn't grow too cold.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
[font=Georgia]Kyera smiled and nodded. "Sounds wonderful." She liked Chusi, and was excited to head on a new journey with her and her other companion. She was finally ready to leave a solo life behind, and embark on a new chapter of her life.

She shivered as the sky grew darker and the shore grew colder. It was a wise decision to hold their departure until the following morning. She was happier than she had been lately, maybe ever. She thought of all the possibilites, and her features were full of joy.
pledged to the velingar
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Fade with your post? :) I'll be putting up a thread for Pippin that takes place the following morning/midday, I'll tag you there if you want to cameo or join.

Then that was settled. See? Chusi could still make friends. She could still like her now single life without any boys but Arrille and whoever else wanted to be her companion. She turned to sniff out where Arrille was and moved her head in a way that said "follow me".
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
sure! I'd love to be a part of the thread.

It was settled. Kyera turned to face the other wolf, who nodded her head as if instructing Kyera to follow her. She nodded, and raced off after Chusi.
pledged to the velingar