Redhawk Caldera That night something of youth and beauty died in the elder world
THREADS: 1 / 1
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
All Welcome 
It was an unseasonably warm day following a particularly nasty dump of snow, which made for excellent snowball weather. You might say that making snowballs wasn't a very wolfish convention, but since when had Fiadh ever subscribed to such ridiculous notions as realism? Heavy flakes still fell from the sky as she made another lap of the rendezvous site, nose dug down into the thick snow.

The clump that collected on the end of her nose was deposited into the shallower snow within her own trail, and from there, Fiadh rolled a paw over it several times until it was crudely rounded. Just enough to roll with some physical persuasion. Then, she dipped her nose down and began to nudge it along, first in her trail, and then out into the deeper drifts toward the center of the clearing. All the while, her tail wagged, flinging sticky snow around in her wake, and occasional giggles warmed the surface of her growing snowball.
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover had just been snoozing, and in her dream came a particularly foul scent. It was enough to cause her to wake, and when she did she noted @Tegan sprawled out alongside her, snoring. There was something to be said about this: nothing but the scent of this fart had ever been able to wake Clover from her restful states before, so deep could she sleep. 

The Blackthorn scowled and launched to all fours, marching away grumpily, but not before snapping a testy: that's fucking nuclear. I've got to go and see if I've any whiskers left, in a huff. 

Stalking off, Clover hardly minded what was around her. Really, she just wanted to go back to snooze city... but that was unlikely at this rate. The scent had been so bad, she probably would have nightmares about it for weeks. Ugh. Giggling distracted her, and she adjusted her course to find its source. Since she wasn't going to get more sleep, she might as well see what other things she could get into she figured.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Her hind legs seemed to go faster than her forelegs; at some point, Fiadh tripped over her own snowball and ended up face-first in a snowbank. This did nothing to quell her bright mood, but instead, she rolled and frolicked on her back in the snow, at least until the sound of someone approaching made her snap her head up and look around. Her ears panned side-to-side as she beamed around the rendezvous—after all, there was no one she wouldn't be glad to see—and finally her sights landed on Clover.

"Clo!" she said brightly, righting herself and shaking mightily to rid her fur of clinging snow. "Look what I made!" with three bounding steps, Fiadh bounced her way back over to the lopsided snowball and stood proudly by it, tail whipping excitedly behind her.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover's tail waved as Fiadh greeted her, and she closed the distance between them with a waving tail. Looking to what Fiadh pointed out, Clover tilted her head. It was a pretty decent size, if she did say so herself. But she wasn't sure exactly what it was, having not made one herself (yet). How'd y'do it? She asked Fiadh, circling the ball and sniffing it. Yes, indeed, it was plain old snow, but shaped in an interesting fashion and a pretty decent size to boot... not enough to bear her weight, she didn't think. But if they made more than one... or combined their efforts to make one big snow-thing...

But she really didn't have the creativity to muster up even the simplest answer of how Fiadh had done it. So she relied entirely on her capabilities, looking to her with a grin.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
"Well," Fiadh began, inhaling a deep breath as she considered the events leading up to her snowball, "y'know how the snow sticks to your feet? And it's like, damn snow, get off my damn feet! Well I kicked some off and it stayed in a clump in the snow, and then I realized it's not my feet that are sticky, it's the snow! So I started nudging more snow into my clump and if you pat it a bit, it'll stick!" Grinning broadly, she lifted one of her paws and tried to wiggle the clumped snow off her toes to demonstrate, but she was sure Clover would know what she was talking about. Snow between your toes was the worst.

"Then if you roll it around with your nose some snow will stick and it'll just keep getting bigger!" Tail wagging, Fiadh bounced a few feet away from her snowball, giving her sister room to try it if she wanted to.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Fiadh's thought process was far more... more than her own. Clover had only ever thought the snow to be a mild annoyance at best, due to the reasons that Fiadh herself had expressed, and her tail waved as Fiadh explained that snow could be fun. The optimistic nature in which Fiadh spoke with certainly lightened Clover's own (previously) grumpy mood—and she beamed as she came up with the most brilliant of ideas. 

How big do you think we can make it? Her tail waved and her expression turned diabolically playful, looking at her sisters sizable one and wondering if snowballs might have a limit to how big they could become.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Clover didn't move to roll the snowball herself, so Fiadh closed the distance she'd left in short order and gave the ball another experimental shove with her neck. Her long tail swept jovially as it crawled forward, and she swung back around to her sister with a wide grin just in time for Clover to ask the most clever of questions. How big could a snowball get?

"I dunno!" chirped Fiadh, glancing back at it with a conspiratorial cock of her brow. "Maybe as big as the moon!" She envisioned the snowball becoming so great that they could roll the entire rendezvous site up into it, starting with the snow and then the bushes and finally the trees, and the beat of her tail increased even as her eyes glimmered with a similar light.

Calm down, imagination, this isn't Katamari.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
LMAO KATAMARI. I remember playing that I think on Newgrounds maybe????? omg #tbt

Clover watched her sister and, after this observation, nudged some snow in its direction with a wave of her tail. As she did this, Fiadh spoke, and Clover withdrew and looked toward her sister with a little gasp. Her youthful imagination allowed her to create the thought that came from her now: what if this is how a full moon is made? And then it melts? And then it needs to be packed together again? Her gaze moved to the sky, where no moon was in sight. Were wolves up there, building a moon now? Could wolves be even up there...?

It was too big of a thought right now.

But Clover was excited as she looked to her sister and exclaimed: let's make our own moon!!!!
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
One of my favourite "this is completely pointless" games ever!"

Fiadh had never paid much attention to the sky. That the moon came and went several times over the course of a season had evaded her notice, but it all made sense when Clover mentioned it. She followed her sister's gaze and noted the absence of the moon, and suddenly everything clicked into place. Though, how was there a moon in the summer...?

Who cared, thought Fiadh. This had to be how they made moons, and if they made a big enough moon, then maybe wolves from other places would see their moon and visit them!

"Yeah!" exclaimed the yellow-eyed Blackthorn with a great big grin. Then she threw herself with gusto into her snowball, forcing it forward with heaves of her head and neck. "How big d'you think it needs to be?" she grunted between shoves. Right now it came up just to her chest, but the moon had to be way bigger than her, right?
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Her sister was down, and that was really all Clover needed to hear to get down to business, too. She mimicked the maneuvers of Fiadh, though her size disabled her from pushing forth the sizable mounds her sister did. That did not stop her from pressing onward, and she paused for a breath when her sister asked how large it needed to be. I dunno, she admitted, peering at their creation... but her tail waved as she looked back at her sister: let's make it as big as possible. Maybe we can make the biggest moon ever, and Clover was totally down for making history. 

So with that in mind, she continued to do as Fiadh had done, circling the thing that Fiadh had started to build to pack snow into places they might have missed. It moved imperceptibly forward as Clover threw some more snow into it, her green eyes bright and her mouth parted in a grin. She paused once more, tongue lolling, as she asked: maybe we should have Tegan and Lucca help us. Do you think they'd try to fuck it up? She figured that if they didn't, their joint teamwork might enable them to build the biggest damn moon the world had ever seen a bit faster. But she could totally see Tegan coming in like a wrecking ball, and Lucca following suit.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
"Totally!" Fiadh agreed, and she went at the task with twice as much gusto, until she and her sister had reached a point where the snowball was simply too large and heavy for either of them to move with any sort of ease. She rocked back on her haunches and panted, regarding Clover breathlessly when her sister mentioned their brothers. Her gut reaction was OMG yaaaasssss, but Clover followed up with an excellent point that made the larger Blackthorn pause momentarily.

"Yeah, they'd probably totally fucked it up," she said, pursing her lips as she considered the sizable snowball. "But it's getting hard to move now." She regained her paws and circled the moon-in-progress, then asked, "d'you think if we push it down the side of the mountain it'll make it to the bottom without breaking?"
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Fiadh's question caused Clover to consider their options. Either they could let it be this size, which was large but no moon, or... they could see what would happen and how big it might become if they gave it a shove. Her tail waved and Clover circled around their makeshift moon with a grin, rearing onto her hinds and placing her paws on their compact creation. Only one way to find out, she verbally decided. If their hard work was destroyed, it wasn't meant to be... but if it wasn't, then they very well might have succeeded in making their own moon. Clover tried to push it, but was no strongman. Though it shifted, the movement was slight at best. So she awaited her sisters assistance, grinning excitedly.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Clover was right, of course. If there was one thing their litter was known for, it was never giving up on any pursuit. Fiadh was no different from the rest of her siblings in that respect, and had even already decided they were going to roll the ball when she offered the suggestion. It was really up to Clover to confirm, for Fiadh couldn't push it that far by herself, so when her sibling agreed, Fiadh wagged her tail and pranced over to the same side of the snowball.
It took several joint shoves to get it moving, and when she felt it give just the slightest on the last big push, Fiadh sprang to the side to watch it go. It was slow at first, a glacial crawl across the faintly sloping rendezvous site, and then it picked up momentum. "C'mon, let's follow it!" bid Fiadh as the snowball finally began to really roll down the hill, and she trotted alongside it until a gallop was necessary, and then she flew down the hill in pursuit of the rapidly growing snowball.

You decide if it breaks or not!
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover didn't need to be asked twice. As soon as the thing started to get moving, Clover eagerly followed after it with a wag of her tail. It soon picked up the pace, and Clovers own trot soon transitioned into a canter and then, she and Fiadh were soon galloping. There were no trees in its immediate vicinity and at this point the thing was sizable, bigger than her, for sure. Clover let out an amazed laugh as she hollered: we're doing it!!!! We're making a moon!!!! 

Small things in their moons path had become inconsequential. Their moon also managed to grab some small, odd items along the way—but nothing yet was a force that could destroy it, and in the moment Clover was full of glee that she and her sister had created a moon without any instruction at all. 

as clover and fiadh start an avalanche
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The "moon" soon outpaced the two adolescents, who did their very best to keep up, but they wouldn't know the outcome for several long moments. The snowball, having grown far too large to clear the treeline but far too small to actually pick up the trees, slammed through the trunks in a spectacular shower of snow and debris. Most of it remained where it impacted, forming a sort of massive blockade in the forest, which the girls surveyed for a time and proudly named Who-Knows-What Hill (too lazy for naming things) before heading home for dinner, where they regaled their family with tales of their personal moon.