Whitebark Stream Two Face's Faces Switching Places
The Green-Eyed Ghost Lives On
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Private 

The girl had to find him, she had to find him and she had to apologize. If he wanted, she would leave here. The woman could only imagine how traumatic the experience could've been. With tears streaking down her face, she treked through the snow. She was determined to continue on those shaky legs, padding quickly through the cold. Alarian was her friend. The fact that she had done such a thing, even if was accidental, was horrible. She felt horrible, and she had to own up. Xahi was determined to not allow herself to sulk around, though it was incredibly difficult.
     Why had she done such a thing..? The woman was not violent at all. Xahi was typically a kind, rational, peaceful woman, who only wished to help others find there way. Ezimette would have been so dissapointed...Xahi could only imagine what she would've said. Oh my daughter...how misguided are you... Xahi panted as her stress levels rose, slowing her down on her venture to find the boy whom she had hurt so.
~ X A H I ~
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily was enjoying a nice little nap, tucked into a nook by the stream, when the soft thunder of footsteps roused her. Blinking softly, she yawned and stretched, rising to her feet just in time to see Xahi's form appear, her face tracked with tears. Lily's own face filled with puzzlement as she trotted over to the girl, who was clearly upset and on some sort of mission.

"Hey, now," she called out, her paws falling in step with Xahi's as Lily pressed her nose to her cheek in gentle greeting. "What's the matter, love? What happened?"

Though she did harbor a certain amount of jealousy toward Xahi for Lennon's obvious preference for her, Lily did like her--well, Lily liked everyone, really. And she certainly didn't want to see a packmate sad or hurt. Not only was it personally troubling, it disturbed the peaceful balance the band of wolves had found on their journey northward. And that was not good, not good at all.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi was continuing her jog forwards when...there was lily. Her friendly touch did so much in just calming the girl. She turned her head to gaze at her wistfully wondering how the woman would act in response to the horrible story she was inclined to tell. The girl grimaced and began to sob harder, falling back roughly onto her haunches as she prepared to lose whatever trust she had gained from any of her pack members.
      Hiccuping in her cries, the emerald-eyes she-wolf began to speak shakily. "I-I-My brother he-and ali-and then Aarnvar was-and I tried to-but Ali, he-he, and then I bit him...He's never gonna trust me again and it was an accident and I promise I'm not violent, and I love him he-hes my friend and I-I would never hurt him and..." It seemed that Xahi, too, was susceptible to the nonsense rambling that seemed to runin her family.
~ X A H I ~
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Xahi burst into a weepy, nearly incomprehensible rant, only a few words of which escaped the muddle to reach her ears. "Wait, you bit who? Ali? You bit Alarian?" The thought was so incredible, Lily had to even stifle a giggle. She knew laughter was not wanted nor needed in this situation, and thus remained stoic, her sunset eyes soft and wide.

"Oh, dear, it's okay," Lily reassured her, nudging the girl's shoulder with her muzzle. "You said it yourself--it was an accident. Ali's really kind; he'll forgive you." For once, it wasn't a platitude. She hadn't known the dusty-pelted wolf to have any sort of temper, and though he might be hurt in the heat of the moment, he would realize sooner rather than later that Xahi hadn't meant him harm.

"So, what happened? You mentioned your brother. . .?" she prodded gently, hoping to get a clearer picture of the situation. Perhaps Xahi would calm down enough to give it to her.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
The girl sunk her face into the other’s coat, hiccupy breaths dotted with sobs drawing slowly from her maw. Those emerald eyes were dowsed in tears as she attempted so dearly to puzzle-piece her words back together.
      Whence the girl had collected enough of her bearings to form breathy sentences, she pulled back, gazing with eyes glazed with shame and guilt at the other. “M-my brother, A-arnvarr, he-he showed up and I...I...I tried to fight him.” The girl looked down at her paws, drawing breaths shakily as she readied herself to speak again.
      “He...he tried to...he almost got me and my siblings killed after m-my mother’s death,”the girl winced, “I-I was so dumb...I was yelling and-and he said something awful and I...and I tried to snap my teeth at him as threat, and Ali...he-he jumped in front and I-I...”The girl looked up once again at Lily with horror. “I bit him.”
~ X A H I ~
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She embraced Xahi, letting the girl compose herself for a minute before she finally drew back, breathing a little steadier. Lily blinked calmly as she spilled her story, mentioning her brother--with whom Lily was not yet familiar--and the incident with Alarian, which was so obviously an accident that Xahi shouldn't be fretting much at all.

"It's all right, darling," Lily murmured, a small kind smile playing across her muzzle. "Alarian almost certainly knows it was an accident. You don't need to worry one bit."

Her mind then went to the story Xahi had told about her brother, and the smile faded into a concerned frown, her eyes flashing with sudden heat. Lily and her siblings had been close; there was no way in the world any of them would have done something like what Xahi described. Pure madness, that.

"That's terrible about your brother," she said firmly. A thought struck her, and she flicked one ear backwards in worry. "Was he looking for you? You don't think-- Was he trying to join our group?" That was much displeasing to her; she hadn't even met this Aarnvarr fellow yet, but she already distrusted him.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Lily’s first words comforted the girl largely. She even began a soft thrum, much like a purr, from her chest. However, her second left Xahi in great surprise. The girl stopped her thrumming and went completely blank-faced for a split second. “The thought hadn’t even reached me,” she spoke quietly. the girl turned to face Lily. “Perhaps he is.” Her ears laid against her head. “That’s not my choice though, he gets to choose if he wants to join us...” she would have to speak to Lennon about that.
~ X A H I ~
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The frown remained on her face as Xahi spoke, and Lily shook her head, firmly rejecting what the other had said. "You have a say in the matter, too," she said, fixing her gaze--stern but with some softness in reserve--on her packmate. "You know him better than any of us. You can vouch for or against him, and Lennon and Ali will almost certainly listen to you."

She was quite unsettled by the thought of this boy joining their peaceful group. Here they were, going about the world with not a care in the world, and this Arnvarr had gone and disrupted the calm, like a pebble tossed into a still pond!

"Maybe you could talk to Ali about it now," Lily suggested, her face relaxing into something more like a smile. "Do you know where he went? After the, erm, incident?" Presumably to lick his wounds, both physical and emotional, and cuddle into Lennon and Korei. Her stomach clenched at the thought, but she shook it off like a fly in the summer; jealousy had no place, not in this moment.

The two sat for a while longer, chatting until the bad feelings had subsided a bit. Not vanished completely, mind you, but at least things were a little better.