Lone Star Mountain Just like a wartime novelty
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Private 

As the darkened clouds moved over the mountains, the stocky creature moved painfully up the narrow ledges, stopping every once in a while to rake his eyes over the steep cliffs, calculating which would be the best route. It wasn't the best move to come up here, and he knew it, but the pain was starting to affect his thinking. With a determined face, he methodically climbed the steep cliffs. Making his way higher, he refused to flinch, his eyes as hard as the stones he was climbing. The wind ruffled his fur, and his dislocated arm swung, his muscles tensing from the pain. Yet his face stayed the same, save the absolute hate in his eyes for the wolf that did this to him. Curses fell from his mouth as he continued, the dark rage growing inside. Finding a suitable ledge to drop down on. He eyed it for a moment before nodding his head. It would do.
Moving his right arm into position, his resolve only wavered for a moment before he threw himself off the cliff, aiming for the ledge below. He closed his eyes as he fell, feeling the drop in his stomach, the sudden jerk of his movements and the wind whistling in his ears. Opening them, his tail flicked in surprise as he realized how close he was. And suddenly, he was there, the unrelenting stone snapping his arm in place with a sickening sound, the pain crescendoing then dropping to a dull painful throb as he rolled to a stop, his left foreleg hanging off the cliff. Darkness filled his eyes, but he fought it. He was very vunerable at this time, even if he was loathe to admit it to himself. As the wave of nausea washed over him, he fought that, too. They both passed, and he slowly sat up, taking a careful look around.
May you always have a beautiful soul with a fierce demeanor and curiousity to know.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Omg yesss

The darkened clouds did not deter her from the daily rounds of patrolling the mountain, but the Nightstalker found herself straying from the peak in which she planned to stake a claim, her curiousity of the surrounding areas getting the best of her. It would be good, she supposed, to familiarise herself with all the land near to her domain, for she was a spy and knowing her way around was key.

There was nothing in particular that caught her interest at first, not until the sickening snap caused the perk of her darkened ears. The sound itself made a cat-like grin creep onto her face, and she wasted no time in following the sound to its source. What the night wraith had not expected to find, however, was a wolverine laying face down on the edge of a cliff. She observed it for a moment, violet gaze trained on the figure that seemed to have lost consciousness - that was until it finally rose, shaking away the darkness.

"You got yourself in a pickle, hmm?" She grinned, curious as to how the creature had gotten itself into this situation.
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
(grins mischievously)

As the creature rose from the darkness and looked around, a smooth voice reached his ears, yet it was off, as if the batteries were running low. It almost sent a chill up his spine as he quickly turned to face this dark voice. As his eyes landed on the night demoness, he immediately raised himself up, his eyes as sharp as the razor rocks below as he watched every nuance coming from her. The shadows seemed to follow her, envelope her into it except the two almost mesmerizing purple orbs that seemed to stare into the soul. 
Even with this, his voice was slightly annoyed, the pain bringing him back. I would say yes. I did not expect a petulant child wolf having the brains to pull my shoulder out of place. The pain was getting annoying, so I fixed it by falling off a cliff. No big deal. He shrugged, the sharp pain from his side would shooting through him, but his face stayed almost annoyed, determined not to show this wolfess weakness, knowing she would jump on him in an instant. Watching her carefully, he sat back on his haunches and tilted his head. What did she want?
May you always have a beautiful soul with a fierce demeanor and curiousity to know.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Like a delicate shadow she did emerge, and it took a moment for the creature to respond to her teasing inquiry. Perhaps, she thought with a smug smile, he was entranced by the darkness that lingered behind her as though it was her own army of the night, confirming her status as the Nightstalker. Vibrant eyes still focused intently on the wolverine, she drifted closer, light on her paws. The sliver of annoyance caught in his tone did not go unnoticed by the ink-furred woman but it only enhanced the grin that stretched across her maw. 

"You allowed yourself to be beaten up by a child?" She snickered, gaze shining with amusement. She had half a mind to simply kill the thing, use it as decoration to line her den, or perhaps she could lay a different limb of his in certain locations along the edge of her mountain. Surely a creature such as this one was intelligent enough to escape from the clutches of a mere child? This train of thought led her to another idea, and she smirked but made no mention of this idea yet.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her grin seemed to nudge the annoyance further, and he shook himself, his eyes never leaving her movements. She was beautiful, but her words, just made his brows furrow. She thought he was beaten? His voice dropped as he spoke, annoyance now clearly heard. I did not ALLOW myself to be beaten. That's about as stupid as sniffing around a wounded wolverine asking dumb questions. Allow? No. I slightly underestimated him. Now, miss, I have things to do. Like track his lucky ass down to show him how unlucky he actually is. Did you want anything before I go? 
During his long statement, he sat seemingly grooming himself, but looked up at the end, raising an eyebrow. He knew she was dangerous, a dumbass could see that, but carelessness and agitation flowed through him with curiosity bringing up the rear. If it weren't for the curiousity, he would have already been gone.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
The wolverine's angry outburst only encouraged her amusement, the glimmer of satisfaction shining in her violet eyes - she had managed to get under his skin, and the voices very much liked this prospect. A feminine yet undeniably venomous chuckle fell from her raven lips, tail lashing as she stalked closer. "And yet here you are, at the bottom of a cliff - you look pretty beaten up to me." 

Closing more of the distance between them, the svelte woman took this opportunity that lay before her and spoke of an offer. "Mmm. You know, I could help you with those wounds of yours." A tilt of her head and the darkening of her gaze spoke silently of a catch to this preposition. "But," She purred, "For a price."
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
He almost rolled his eyes as she spoke, yet kept the urge under control. For your information, lady, I'm here by choice. As she began to walk closer, he tensed his body, his sharp eyes never leaving her. If this 'lady' didn't back up, he would have to take matters into his own paws.She spoke, and his tail twitched in curiosity. He could always do it on his own, but the faster he healed, the faster he could be on his way to bring some 'luck' to the pup. The offer also intrigued him. He spoke, his voice steady. What is the price? He eyed her warily, not trusting her yet.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
She almost snorted at his words, deeming them highly amusing - he had lost to a child, and so she considered him a useless fighter. But that was not what she wanted from him. The wolverine glanced toward her with a curious glint in his eye at her proposal, and the Nightstalker flashed him a grin. "You work for me."

"Not forever, just until I believe you have repayed me enough."
Kelina believed it to be a fair offer, though this opinion was likely to be one-sided. Either way, if the male was in need of a medic, she was here presenting him with a chance. "I need someone able to bring me information on nearby packs and wolves, someone able to do some extra thieving work for me, too. If you agree, I will bring you back to my mountain and the Snakebrewer can tend to your wounds."
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
He narrowed his eyes at her, his ears flicking in irritation at her amusement. Deciding against slashing at her, he tried to relax his muscles as he boldly stared at her and waited until she talked.
As she began to lay out the deal, he cocked his eyebrow. Did she think he was stupid? If he agreed, she could make him work until his body was cold in the ground. But then again....A slight grin appeared on his face as he nodded his head, his voice still a bit annoyed. The deal is lopsided, lady. You let me eat and hunt with your ragged bunch of wolves you call a pack, and it's a deal. I can bring down food more efficiently than any of those mutts. He eyed her, his eyes glinting, as he waited for an answer.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
The dark woman smirked at his response, blackened ears cupping forward before her maw opened to speak again. "I can accept that," She mused, violent gaze trained on the hot-headed creature. "But you must watch your tongue - I suggest you do not consider yourself above my wolves, for they would be quick to make a meal out of you." Her words were no lie, for she had no doubts that the rogues would tear him limb from limb if they had enough reason to.

"Remember that the moment you accept this deal, you are mine to command until I release you." It was a warning, though she had no wish to dampen the likeliness of his acceptance. The Nightstalker was simply... reaffirming the rules.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Watching the shadow wolfess, his ears turned towards her and caught every word. He raised his brows, an almost amused expression in his eyes. Cowtow to wolves? What did she think he was? A coyote? Running his tongue slowly over his large incisors, he tilted his head, his voice now almost dangerous. You expect me to take their mouthy comments?
Pausing for a moment, he scratched underneath his chin. The movement caused him to wince slightly, but his face never changed. Shaking himself out, he looked at her once more. You tell me I can tear into one that mouths off to me, and I'll be ready to follow you anywhere. He quirked an eyebrow and waited.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
She gave a dark giggle to his words, for he had a fiery spirit. Indeed, this one might prove difficult to control, but she was willing to take the risk if it got her what she wanted. "You sure do have a temper," The temptress cooed, tail waving behind her like a dark plume swaying in the breeze. She took a moment to consider his enquiry, violet gaze sparkling with amusement. "If I think they deserve it, yes. But I will say that my wolves don't taunt unless they have reason to - If you're with me, they'll know you aren't a toy. That is, unless you are my toy, but you would simply be my... worker. And in return, you would have your wounds treated." 

Now she believed it to be a fair offer, though whether he would accept it or not, the ink-hued woman knew not.
32 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her giggle, if you could call the twisted sound that, made him raise his eyebrow. Apparently he amused her in some way. Her words made him open his mouth, yet close it again. She didn't need to know everything right off. Swishing his own tail, he waited for her response. 
It took only a moment, and as she answered, he grinned lopsidedly, a glint coming into his eye. So she was was a twisted kind of alpha. He didn't mind at all as he shook his pelt out, the dull pain radiating through his shoulder and side. The animal didn't wince, but looked at the wolfess with almost a cold look and said but one word. Deal. Tilting his head slowly, he watched and waited for her to begin their journey together.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Last post from me :)

She waited in silence, eyes glittering at the chance to use this to her advantage. When at last he made his decision, she smirked. "Then it is settled." The deal was sealed, and she would hold this to him if he thought he would waltz in, have his wounds treated, and then dance right out. They were playing by her rules, and he had accepted that he would work for her, and follow the Nightstalker's commands. She did not break these kinds of deals, not if they worked in her favour. He would get his wounds healed, but in return he would do as she said until she found she had no use for him any longer.

"Come." The simple word fell from her dark lips as a command, gesturing with her head toward the mountain and beginning to prowl back toward her domain ensuring he was towing along behind her.