Moonspear i miss those days
Private  February 11, 2018, 12:27 PM
Rannoch
Moonspear
Epsilon
@WraenSo sorry this took forever!

For once, Rannoch did not wake up to gloomy clouds overhead. The day had begun unlike its recent predecessors; a gentle wash of peach greeted Rannoch as he opened his eyes, and instantly he was drawn from the comforts of his den. 

Although the chill slapped Rannoch in the face as he emerged from his warm sleeping quarters, he paid no mind to it. He was thoroughly entranced by the spectacle overhead. He forewent his usually stretching routine, and instead meandered as his eyes lingered on the sky overhead. 

Wintertime was usually a time in which Rannoch recalled the hardships in his life; the unpleasant weather made for abhorrent thoughts to occupy him when he was by himself. But, for once, his mind was absent of the constant worries and reminders of his past; he was at peace. 

Sighing happily, he sat with a smile on his face; he could understand why Liffey found joy in looking at the sky.

that far away prize, a world of success 
its waiting for me if i heed the call 
i won't settle down, won't settle for less
as long as there's a chance that i can have it all
February 14, 2018, 03:59 PM
Wraen
Moonspear
Delta
Wraen had returned to the place, where they had left the cougar's corpse few days earlier, and was relieved to see that the night-crawlers and scavengers had done a good job at cleaning almost all of it away. She had been a little at loss, what to do with the mangled body, because, while eating carnivores like fox or occasional coyote at times of a desperate need, was acceptable, she could not bring herself to touch the cat's flesh. Either because of the bad memories or the rancid stench. She just could not eat it or store it away without having that horrible taste in her mouth. 

There were tufts of fur and some bones scattered around, but everything else was gone. On her way back to her comfy den, she decided to make a detour and see, how Liffey was doing. Unlike Wraen, who had suffered minor injuries, she had got some really nasty ones, which she had laughed off at the time, but things could change for the worse once the adrenaline rush died down. 

Liffey she did not find, but Rannoch was there - sitting proud and tall in the morning sunshine. "Hey!" Wraen announced her arrival from afar and closed the distance between them quickly. "Good morning!"
February 14, 2018, 04:59 PM
Rannoch
Moonspear
Epsilon
Rannoch turned to face Wraen, his expression as bright as the sky overhead. "Wraen!" he rejoined with evident relief in his voice. Although he knew that Wraen had survived the cougar attack, it was a relief to him to see her out and about. "Good morning!" he called as he stood. 

Once Wraen was in front of him, Rannoch affectionately bumped his muzzle to the underside of hers. "How's everything been?" Rannoch asked as he pulled away from their embrace.

February 16, 2018, 02:48 PM
Wraen
Moonspear
Delta
"Oh, I am fine, can't complain about anything," Wraen replied and sat down. "You seem like doing ok, as well," she commented after looking the tall guardian up and down and making sure that he - unlike Terance - wasn't sporting any new injuries and soon-to-be battle scars. It was funny, how two people could do exactly the same job, but the outcomes could be wildly different. 

"Is Liffey here?" she asked, craning her neck to look behind Rannoch, in case his mate was hiding somewhere near, then turned her gaze back to her friend. "She got beaten pretty badly, though Terance got the worst of us all."
Yesterday, 09:09 PM
Rannoch
Moonspear
Epsilon
Rannoch was happy to hear that Wraen was doing well; she deserved a little peace after the ordeal with the cougar. "I am," he affirmed with a wag of his tail; Rannoch felt the best that he had in months, despite everything that he had been worrying about. 

When she asked about Liffey, Rannoch shook his head. "I think she got an early start to her scouting today," Rannoch said as he turned to face the den behind them briefly. "I'm not where she headed off to today," he elaborated with a frown.