Shadow Mountain when the dark wood fell before me, and the paths were overgrown
unzaghaar suleyk
15 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
anyone that's been hanging around this territory! keeping things vague after the thread with venextos

the relentless onslaught of snow had finally ceased, and although the clouds had yet to part the sun still warmed the earth.  he had been taking refuge in the chilly wake of the broad, shadowed mountain; staying still and tucked in relative safety.  but now that it was safe, he ventured out into the open, surveying the alabaster landscape before him.

it reminded him of home, and that hurt a little.  but perhaps it wouldn't always be that way he mused, forging his way down from the mountain.

feel free to tag me in anything
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
The wound on her neck was stiff as she shook herself, her thick fur easily tossing off the light snow from her back, muscles rippling. It had been a few interesting days. New possible recruits, a run in with a wolf, her missing ear. Thoughts ran through her mind as she moved towards the mountain she considered her home. It was not unlike her original residing place, cold, unmoving, unrelenting. Maybe this was why it drew her, called to her back to it every time she was away. 
As she neared the bottom, her nose caught a scent: a male. Her lips pulled back slightly as she remembered the other one. This one was at her home. Taking a deep breath, she calmed down, relaxing her tense muscles as she waited for this unknown wolf to show himself, her eyes raking over the landscape.
The devil asked me how I knew my way around the halls of Hell. I told him I did not need a map for the Darkness I knew so well.
unzaghaar suleyk
15 Posts
Ooc —
Away

the smell of a woman drew his travel forth; he did not realize he was gravitating towards her until he got close enough to smell her wound.  he draws his tongue over his muzzle, slowing as he nears her while keeping a respectable distance between them.  he was large; although this woman looked like she could fare well on her own he was used to them fearing his presence, and as such normally took precautions when he was alone with them.

ahnok, dii vahdin, he calls to her, looking to gain her attention if he has not already.

42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her eyes saw him as he slowed down. He drew his tongue over his muzzle, and she was wary for the first time in...ever. Her ear turned towards the strange words, and her head cocked. They sounded strange, yet somehow almost calming. Shaking herself mentally, she let her eyes go over him. Large, good muscle tone, beautiful fur. She blinked at the last thought. Where the hell did that come from?
Even with the calmness settling over her, the wolfess spoke, her rumbling almost echoing. Hello, stranger. You going to talk to me or rattle off something like gibberish that I don't understand? Her tail swished in both curiousity and irritation, although curiosity was winning as she waited for an answer.
The devil asked me how I knew my way around the halls of Hell. I told him I did not need a map for the Darkness I knew so well.
unzaghaar suleyk
15 Posts
Ooc —
Away

she seemed to hold herself with a confidence that made him comfortable ghosting forward, head still neutrally low as his nostrils flared, drawing in her scent.  she was not alone.

quickly, his steel eyes darted around, looking for more, but they were nowhere to be found. hmm...

and then she responds.  he is nearly embarrassed at her words, a heat creeping up in his stomach as his whiskers give an involuntary, almost invisble twitch.

apologies.  his english was stunted and heavily accented, although still comprehensible.  from here?  his tail gives an affable wag as he waits for a response.

42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
As he moved forward, she watched his nostrils flared and his glance cast around. Raising an eyebrow, she cast her eye around as well after speaking, trying to figure out what he was looking for. Why she cared, she didn't know. 
His whiskers twitched almost imperceptively, and her eyes lit up. This wolf was... embarrassed? No, not quite. Why would such a wolf be embarrassed? His presence was powerful enough that he shouldn't have to apologize. Confusion joined her curiosity as he spoke. 
The accent was very thick, but she understood and, for once, did not feel like being completely sarcastic. No, not from here originally, but this mountain is where I now reside. Where are you from? You definitely aren't from around here. As an afterthought, she spoke again. My name is Tree. Tree Kasun. Neither dominance or submission were spoken from her stance, yet her pride and confidence mixed with curiousity in her deep voice.
unzaghaar suleyk
15 Posts
Ooc —
Away

it seemed to him as if many wolves were trying to lay claim to this mountain (or at least reside here), but he kept the information to himself for now.  although she did not smell his previous companion, he could never be too sure.  

nan'uk, he proclaimed with pride after she had introduced herself, and he gave a subtle dip of his head.  he surveyed her once more, casting his eye over the earth tones that graced her form.  well, he supposed, she did kind of look like a tree.  just as he kind of resembled the nan'uk.

he chooses his next words carefully, mulling them over before he speaks again.  far north.  band of wolves; zeymah do fin brom.  his brows furrow, but ultimately he is unable to come up with a translation he is happy with. starved.

he is quick to change the subject. have been staying here.  this okay?

42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her nostrils flared, for she did in fact smell a strange scent. As he spoke, her grin grew slightly. He was proud of his name, and if it meant strong, huge and white, the name matched him. The dip of the head made her involuntarily dip hers, and she blinked as he looked over her. Raising her eyebrow, her ear twitched. She had always prided herself in having thick fur and making sure it looked good. What was he thinking? Why should she care? 
His words snapped out of her odd thoughts, and she was thankful. Starved? Was he hungry? Nodding her head slightly as he spoke, her stance finally went relaxed. Yes. It is fine. Are you hungry? There are woods not far from here with deer. Tilting her head, her eyes sparked with curiosity as she looked at him.