Neverwinter Forest Abyss league
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Anyoneee!  But if they happen to be a likely NWF person eventually that might be cool. :P

At least here wasn't dead.  It was an ice cube, but still living.  Hibernating maybe to a certain point, which was probably a good idea this late in the afternoon.  Treason had been spending the last few hours wandering among the trees.  Beneath them, the snow wasn't so deep, and she could see the odd trail of things wandering on through.  It'd probably be an ok spot to stop for a while while she pondered her next move.  So far, she hadn't been particularly impressed with anywhere, but then again she also hadn't tried.  It was probably something she had to fix.

She came to a place where the canopy thinned and the snow was a fair bit deeper.  No problem.  She started across.  At least until the ground beneath her seemed to give way and her mostly white figure melted into the depths of the snow with a solid fwump.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
Backdated a bit, if that's okay?

Nara was treading through the undergrowth. A thin layer of snow lay beneath her paws and ferns brushed against her soft pelt. The air was damp from the rain and snow, but still cold enough to make her fur fluffy. She sniffed the air again for prey, but all smells were weakened because of the cold. Though, a faint scent caught her attention. She didn't recognize it, but she knew it was from another wolf. She hesitated. Maybe the other wolf was also looking for food and that could mean trouble. 
A sudden sound in the snow made her look up, ears forward. It sounded close by. She started walking in the direction of the sound, curious of what she may find. Maybe it was a baby deer, stuck in the snow, she thought. The canopy overhead got thinner and more light reached the ground. A moment later her paw slipped away and she could barely keep herself from falling. Then she saw the white wolf in the snow. A-Are you okay?, Nara asked.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She was utterly bewildered.  What the hell had even happened?  She was up to her neck in snow, but it had settled in around her pretty well.  She'd be able to wriggle her way free enough to dig herself the rest of the way out eventually, but as she started to attempt to do so, another wolf popped up at the edge of the crater.

Yeah. Ugh.  Dunno  if it's safe to come down.  I can get out eventually.  Being in debt to some random person sounded like a meh idea unless they were really into handing out favors for free.  Well, that and she was a little afraid that it might keep collapsing and then she really would need help to get out.   Maybe something collapsed? A den?  Was there a pack here once?  She was more thinking out loud than expecting an answer.

Treason started trying to get one front leg a bit free of the snow -- enough so she could use it to wrench the other free.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
The wolf with the dark mask turned to her and assured Nara that she was fine. The wolf didn't sound like she wanted help or needed any. Although the situation she found herself in wasn't the best one. Nara watched for a moment as the wolf tried to get free, digging herself out of the snow, but then decided to help anyway.
Nara carefully padded along the hole to look for a safe place to crawl out. I have no idea actually, I'm not from around here, she answered, But it does look big enough to be a den. Nara stopped when she found a stable surface, she pushed away the snow with her paw to make it less slippery. I think you can get out here, she said.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Eventually she gained enough traction to pull one foreleg fully free, folding it under her with an annoyed huff as she rested a moment.  Go figure this would be her luck.  At least it's so old nobody'd be in it I guess.  Go figure she'd be the one thinking about whether or not some wolf got smashed in it.  Though it wasn't like she could tell what happened first, the cave collapsing or Treason walking across the top of it.  The snow could have just been covering what was just a nice air gap, just barely holding together until an unfortunate soul walked by.

The other wolf had found a spot where it looked like she'd have a good chance of getting out.  Treason looked it over, nodding.  That should work, yeah.  With her resting done, she used her free paw to scrape at the still buried one a bit, knocking away a bit of the snow before she dragged herself forward, finally pulling that one free.  All that was left was to now crawl forward and she should be able to get out.  Putting weight on the unstable snow was pretty much a mixed bag.  There were a few stable sections where maybe some ice had formed between snowstorms, but other areas were just a fluffy powder which made her look like she was attempting to bury herself again.

It was slow progress at first, but as she inched out of the cold cocoon she was able to get more and more purchase until finally she was standing on the uneven surface at one end.  Treason was pretty uneasy about it and looked like she was fully expecting the ground to fall out under her again.  She crawled her way towards the indicated slope, starting her way up.  She'd be out in a moment as long as nothing else stupid happened.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
Mild PP, tell me if you want me to change it!

Nara watched the wolf struggle herself free. It looked like her legs were buried deep in the snow and it was hard to get them free. Nara felt like she couldn’t do much to help without getting dragged into the the hole herself, so she stood there waiting. I'm Nara, by the way, she said, although the timing felt a bit awkward since the other wolf was in the middle of desperately trying not to fall back into the snow-covered pit of hell. 
As she started up the slope, Nara could see the paws of the wolf slipping away again and quickly grabbed her neck with her teeth, trying not to bite down too hard. Nara leaned back, paws shuffling and slipping in the snow, and with the help of the hind-legs of the other wolf, she was finally pulled onto stable grounds.
Nara let go, panting. Sorry for that, she said eventually, looking at the ruffled pelt on the other wolf where she had grabbed her.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Nope, all good!

With a little assistance, she was pulled out of the grasp of the unstable snow.  First thing was first.  She took a step or two away, shaking her pelt vigorously to try and free herself of the remaining snow that clung to her pelt, in many places almost invisibly due to her pale hue.  Treason was obviously displeased at the whole thing, turning to give the new pit an annoyed snort before turning to Nara, Thanks.  Call me Treason.  She was always curious to what others thought of her name.  It was a simple thing that often amused her.

Hope there aren't more spots like that.  Someone could get really unlucky.  As it were, she was already hedging her bets that if another wolf wasn't nearby, the snow would have gone out of its way to bury her entirely, just to prove a point.  Avalanches are supposed to be on mountains.  Not in forests.  Or at least, not in flat ones.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
Treason, Nara echoed in her head, what a peculiar name. Names rarely reflect someones personality, but maybe this wolf did something in the past to grant her this name. She hoped not. Nara didn't voice her thoughts to Treason, because she didn't want her to think that she didn't trust her or accuse her of something.
Nara nodded in agreement. The thick carpet of snow had already caused enough problems, she hoped spring would come soon. Were you on your way to somewhere? Nara asked curiously. She was getting quite hungry and wondered if Treason would like to hunt together.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She liked the ones she ran across that wore their thoughts on their faces more.  They were more fun.  To a certain point it also gave her a bit of a starting point with what to expect from them... Careful, brash.. Anything like that.

Treason shook her head, Not really.  Was figuring I might stay in this area for a while.  See what's around.  Figure something will happen to point the way.  She had basically no plan other than that.  She trusted that something would happen eventually to point her in the right way.  Something would impress her or draw her curiosity and that would be that.

There was a moment of awkward silence before she realized she should probably say something else.  The conversational queen inquired, You?
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away
Treason's words reminded Nara much of herself. This wolf was wandering around too, waiting for something good to come along. She could sympathize with that; not everyone had their life all planned out. 
Nara thought about her own wishes for the future. To be honest, she hadn't really thought about it until now. For some reason, Nara was clinging to her past for dear life, as if letting it go would mean that she too would cease to exist. Maybe if she was someone else, she could have left her old life in her snow-covered den that day, but she wasn't. And the day that she left, nothing but her home stayed behind. Her broken soul was al that she had had anyway
Then Nara realized that, whilst thinking, she had been silent for a socially unaccepted amount of time. She shot Treason an apologetic look. Um, kind of the same, really, she said eventually. But I'm hoping to settle down somewhere nice, find a pack, that sort of thing. The lonely life hadn't particularly been all puppies and sunshine and she could use a break from it.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Perhaps it was the story of every lone wolf.  Those that had more of a goal likely wouldn't remain a lone wolf for long, so in that aspect it made sense.  The rest were just those like them, looking for something to happen to point them down the right path.  Should be something -- there's plenty of packs around, smells like.  Haven't run into many pack wolves though -- dunno if they just don't travel much or I'm unlucky.  There was that one guy, but they'd barely talked.  She didn't even know his name.  She'd passed his pack what felt like an eon ago now, but since the dude hadn't been a particularly good representative of his kin, she hadn't bothered stopping to say hi.

If the first, you're just gonna have to pick, or at least that was the conclusion Treason was coming to.  Maybe it was because it was still winter.  She could understand it more during the spring when there were theoretically pups that needed protecting, but certainly the snow would drive prey off the slopes and into the valleys, so why hadn't she run into more of them?  Whatever.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

Talking about their possible futures made Nara think. She scanned the black-and-white wolf's body. Treason seemed healthy and fairly well-fed. Quite muscular too. By contrast, Nara was scrawny looking and smaller, the former being disguised by her thick pelt. 

Treason can probably survive the winter alone, she looks strong enough, she thought. Nara wouldn't. Well, I just want somewhere safe, I guess she said. There were two options: she could find a pack, or wander around until a freezingly cold winter night would send her into an eternal sleep. The snow would preserve her lifeless body quite well and come spring, they would find her, just the way she was left there.

That was not a nice image of her future. Since she preferred being alive, she would go with the first option - find a pack. Now more than ever, she was anxious to start her journey towards finding one. She decided to share this with Treason. If I keep going, I'm bound to bump into a pack-wolf one day, right? Nara said. Unless I have your luck, that is she added with a playful smile.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
I think we can pretty  much just fade one way or another!

I'm pretty sure there's even some on the mountains there.  A wide sweep of her head indicated the peaks that included Moonspear -- and possibly the Caldera if interpreted sloppily enough.  They're around.

The deer she'd shared with that male a while back had definitely kept her in a good way.  She'd been lucky, and she would continue to be lucky.  A pack was in both their futures, but it was still a while off yet.  Unless the snow tries to eat me again, I think I'm staying here for now.  Gonna scope out options.  See what happens.  Treason shrugged.  Something would happen, one way or another.  She wasn't against starting her own pack either, so if nothing else happened, maybe that would be the way to go, but she'd certainly have to find someone with more of an aptitude to gather folks than her.

It was up to Nara to decide what she was doing with her own life.  Treason wasn't going to chase her off nor invite her to stay, but she'd be lurking around.. Just in case.
149 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
Away

Nara understood from her words that Treason was a wolf who could get by on her own quite well. She respected that. And she wasn't going to impose herself or overstay her welcome. But she liked Treason. 

Well, I think I'll be off, then she said and shot her a smile. Nara hadn't exactly decided yet which way she would go, but the mountains in the distance were alluring. As she started walking in their general direction, she stopped to turn her head and said Maybe we'll see each other again...but if not - good luck.