Moonspear which to bury, you or the hatchet?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
hoping for specifically @Liffey BUT MAYBE SHE IS NAPPING AND A WILD @Rannoch IS NEARBY

Hydra had heard about The Incident. How wolves could get so colossally fucked up by a cougar and not call for the pack was really beyond her, but that was not the point—the point was that they had rid the territory of a pest, successfully, and Hydra was proud of that. Pissed that they could have gotten themselves killed, even Liffey, but glad to hear of their efforts. She had her doubts about Liffey, but that was really all due to what Hydra presumed was her own tragic self-fulfilling prophecy. 

She also disliked the girl on principle, but Liffey was doing herself no favors at all by doing nothing for so damn long. Rannoch had been nearly killed and the millisecond he could was an active part of the pack. Liffey was really only now doing anything... but Hydra had noticed. 

Though it was a shame she didn't get killed by the cougar—things would have just been so, so much easier that way—Hydra swallowed her hatred and her pride alike. Really she'd rather run into Wraen or even Terance—she gave way more of a shit about them—but, well, she was tired of walking on glass around Liffey. The girl was her subordinate, for fox sakes! And Hydra cared for all of Moonspear. That was also on principle. Liffey might not be her friend, but Liffey literally had herself to blame for that. And only Liffey could fix that. 

Hydra brought with her three fat hares to the place that she knew Rannoch and Liffey lived. Their mingling scents caused her to feel like gagging, but she was able to not. Ugh, how long would that last? She recalled their decent enough exchange the last time, dropped the rabbits, and whuffed to anyone who was listening at the Frostfur residence.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey had declined to go with Terance and Wraen to seek Lyra's help with their wounds. She really didn't think that her hurts were at all severe enough to bother the medic with. And Liffey was not a vain creature - if the cut on her muzzle scarred, then it scarred. It was fine by her, in spite of the fact that it seemed to serve as an ongoing reminder to Rannoch of what had happened to her, which she had been actively attempting to make him forget by intercoursing him real good and often.

But I digress.

The Frostfur had been returning home herself when she caught sight of a visitor at hers and Rannoch's shared den. She froze anxiously as she looked the female over and discerned that this wasn't Terance or Amekaze. It had to be one of them. Liffey felt her nerves stand on edge at the realization. She hadn't quite worked through her upset from the other day with Gannet and Alya (lol she still doesn't know). She wasn't prepared for this. Would she ever be? Unlikely. With that in mind, Liffey found it in herself to continue forward through the trees and step into the other female's company. It felt very much like walking the plank.

Liffey's posture shifted naturally to one of submission as she stepped forward and gave the girl a nod in greeting. Her eyes slid to the rabbits and her head tilted slightly with curiosity. "Nice catch," she said conversationally, offering only a mildly strained smile before letting her know, "Rannoch isn't home yet. He should be along soon though..." This had to be a social call for him, after all. There was no way this member of the cerberus was there to see her. Who was this, anyway? Best not ask..
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
No one was home? Ah, well, she'd leave the—

An ear shifted backward as she heard the approach of another. The step was too light to be Rannoch, and Hydra looked over her shoulder to find Liffey coming her way as predicted. She looked like total shit. Damn, Hydra couldn't withhold the exhaled word, dropping the bunnies simultaenously. Was this some sort of karmic thing? Did Liffey totally deserve this? Probably. Hydra felt worlds better herself for seeing the other like this, but fortunately, her shock and genuine horror at Liffey's appearance surpassed any measure of happiness that might have appeared on her features otherwise. 

She shook her head. Sorry. It looks like it'll scar. But scars are badass, she attempted to comfort the other. Liffey was far too sweet to wear them well, but she didn't need to know the negatives right now. Even Hydra could see she had enough on her plate. Why the heck didn't you call for anyone else? You could've gotten killed, she breathed, concerned by that. More because her getting killed would surely mean Wraen's death and then, Terance, because Terance would no doubt avenge his sister if she had perished. Wraen was tougher than Liffey, but seeing your pals fucked up had a way of destroying your faculties and seeing nothing but red. Hydra had been there before.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Her comment about Rannoch went unnoticed as Hydra reacted to her appearance. Liffey blinked in surprise and confusion. Being not vain, she hadn't actually looked at her face. Apparently Rannoch hadn't been overreacted quite as much as she had suspected... She shook her head, dismissing the girl's apology as unneccessary. She didn't mind the comment. She was too thrown by her casual regard to mind the comment.

Liffey dipped her muzzle slightly, feeling embarassed now that they had come to that question that everyone kept asking - why they hadn't called for help. Her ears slid back as she considered. "Honestly, things just happened so fast," Liffey said, shrugging a little awkwardly, "The plan was to drive it out by making ah.. how did Wraen describe it... making unholy noises. Howling and yowling and stuff. And we tried, but then she got hit, and I tried to get it away from her and I got hit, and then she rushed in and... It just got a little out of hand."

Rambling again. Liffey caught herself and paused, wondering if she had even managed to answer the question.
~•~
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to the crudely created plan, made up by Wraen, as Liffey put it. Once, she and Terance, two warriors, had driven out a cougar with less issue and ceremony than all of this. Now Terance, Liffey, and Wraen were fifty shades of fucked up. But Hydra did not want to dampen the spirit of Wraen or Liffey. They had the right attitude and thought process, that was for sure. As far as plans went...

Maybe it was pissed. Probably thought it was some mating call, and then you and Wraen were there instead of it's future boo, she quipped with a roguish grin; Liffey's face did her no favors there, but really Hydra was getting at the noises the two must have made. Yowling sounded a lot like what Hydra herself had heard to avoid during this particular season. Anyway, I like where your guys head was at. But I don't want anyone dying, if it can be helped. I know in fights things happen way too fast. But cougars... Well, she didn't need to really tell Liffey now, did she? It sucks you got so fucked up. But at least the bastards dead now, and you're alive to tell the tale. I've already spit on its grave for the three of you, her tail waved a bit. Next time, call? It was only a partial-request, but at least this once it did come from a good, well-meanng place. Hydra could not see a pack mate dead. And so long as Liffey was Moonspear, well, Hydra would fight to protect her... from heinous valley creatures, anyway.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey listened as Hydra made suggestions on why the cougar had turned violent. She smiled at the comment, even chuckled a little. She supposed it very well could have thought that of the racket they had made, though she doubted it would have become so enraged over such a thing. No, it was likely because they had annoyed it and the cat had simply not been in the mood.

Her smile drifted as the dark female continued. She knew that it had been stupid for her and Wraen to engage the cougar as they had. It had been a well-intentioned mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. That part was not lost on her, and so all she could do was nod along at the commentary. She shrugged off the part about getting so "fucked up". She was well aware that it looked far worse than it actually was, but no matter how much she said that to others, they didn't seem to believe her. So she let it be, trusting that they'd see soon enough once the wounds had healed a bit more.

"Absolutely," Liffey assured her with a nod, "Though with any luck, the need won't arise again." She paused then, wondering momentarily where the conversation was to head next. She briefly glanced around in hopes that Rannoch might choose that moment to appear and save her from her social awkwardness. He didn't, and Liffey decided she might take a stab at continuing the unexpectedly pleasant chat on her own.

"Wraen and Terance are very good partners to have in a fight," she said, smiling fondly at the thought of the brother and sister duo she had grown so fond of, "I'm afraid I was absolutely terrible. It's something I'd like to improve on, though I suspect I'd make a disappointing student to whatever teacher I could bribe to take me on." Her ears slid back and she chuckled gently at herself.
~•~
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra smirked. I dunno. Cats seem to think everything belongs to them, even with packscent. Terance and I actually killed one together recently that was too close for comfort, too, she informed. Well it had been months ago, but recent enough that it seemed relevant to provide. They, though, were experts. Terance was a guardian, and Hydra was head warrior; she had the mind to dispatch the enemy, though it took a great amount of patience on both their behalf. Hydra knew she'd call, too, in the future. We should have called too, she confided. We handled it, but I mean, cougars are tough, she said with a laugh, remembering it.

She spoke about Terance and Wraen being good partners. Terance she knew, Wraen she didn't doubt, and Liffey's own contributions (or lack thereof) was equally not a shock to her. Terance and I practice together sometimes. I taught him everything he knows, she snickered, letting Liffey know that was a joke—Terance was perfectly capable, always had been. Wraen she had never seen in action, but she could imagine. As far as lessons went, Well, you would just need a good teacher. I'm not the most patient, she admitted, ...but I could give it a go. Terance might be a good teacher, too... Rannoch, he's a good coach, I bet he could teach you also, she suggested.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey was quiet as Hydra responded to her. Or.. Lyra. Alya? She never knew for sure and she honestly didn't think it really mattered. They were all one in the same - cruel, manipulative, untrustworthy... Though this conversation was certainly disconcerting. She was actually finding it a little hard to muster her usual level of discomfort in being in the presence of one of the dark sisters at that moment. Whichever of the triplets this was, she was being unusually nice, and friendly. It was oddly... enjoyable. Disconcerting indeed...

She smiled at the idea of having Rannoch train her in fighting. "I can't imagine Rannoch trying to teach me to fight..." she commented thoughtfully, "He'd be too distracted by trying not to hurt me. But.. maybe Terance. Though I'd hate to take up his time, or yours even. I'm sure you all have more important things to do." She considered for a moment before adding, in a smaller voice, "But maybe. If you had free time."

It felt uncomfortable immediately and she hoped silently that the woman would turn her down. Or, at the very least, never actually follow through if she did agree. As comfortable as this conversation had begun to feel, there were certain things that Liffey couldn't let go of. Though in that moment, she was beginning to wish quite desperately again that she could - a feeling that lingered long after Hydra had left and Liffey stood alone with only her thoughts and the beta's unexpected gift to keep her company.
~•~