Blacktail Deer Plateau How many miles to Wonderland
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
It had been quite some time since she'd hit lands that seemed so highly populated by her own kind, but everywhere she went there seemed to be the stray scent of wolf. She moved along in a steady manner, each pawstep placed daintily upon the ground. Blue eyes looked around her as she reached an area that held many scents around it, though they seemed faded enough that she deemed it safe to move onward.

Heading in she found remnants of dens and caches, one of which she found a piece of prey that was still fresh enough to not get sick from. It wasn't the best piece of meat but it would give her energy and she wouldn't have to attempt a hunt that shed probably fail. Sitting down with ears still flicking warily she began to chew at and gnaw the stringy meat, grateful to have a meal at all.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
That mountain hadn't been right either; no one resided on it.  Maia passed through, her muscles aching from the trek, unused to such physical activity.  How were there this many mountains here?  Where she stood, she was surrounded by them, both at her back and in the distance.  How was she supposed to know which was the moon whatever-you-call-it?

And she was hungry.  The pack had warned her when she left that food would be hard to come by alone, but it was something the young and adventurous rarely believed until they experienced it.  She'd scavenged and hunted what she could, but it was rarely enough for a growing wolf of her size and appetite.

When she caught a whiff of another stranger, she almost ignored it; her luck had been 0/2 this far.  But then she changed her mind.  Maybe this time would be different?  And when she approached, and saw what said stranger was doing, she became very glad she hadn't kept going.  "Is that... food!?" She asked, taking a few eager steps before wisely stopping for once.  Her voice was enthusiastic and maybe a little too interested... sharing was caring, right!?
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It totally wasn't the most enjoyable meal to dig into but it was food and without a pack, meals were hard to come by. She had gotten a couple of bites into the rabbit when she heard someone approaching. She chewed as she looked up to see a multicolored young girl staring at her hungrily. She flicked her ears back, scared she would be attacked for this food before the girl piped up..

And her heart broke for the poor thing. She gave a small wag and nudged the rabbit toward her "Here ya go darlin, I recognize that hungry look. Don't be shy, I won't bite." she said kindly and smiled. She didn't have a problem sharing even though she knew she should since this was her first meal in a while, yet this poor thing was so hopeful and desperate. She couldn't have turned her away even if she wanted to.

Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia needed very little reassurance after the first invitation, and gladly bounced forward to take a portion.  It didn't occur to her this stranger might be hungry too, though manners at least kept her to taking only a reasonable part of what was offered.  Tempted as she might have been to grab the whole darn thing.

"You. Are. The bomb." She said, enunciating each word appreciatively.  "And probably the nicest one I've met around here? I've tried asking some where to go and so far everyone's been cranky or unhelpful."  She sighed, shaking her head at the pure ridiculousness of it all.  "Are you from here?"  Maybe she was a traveler too, and Maia should be avoiding the water and whatever in it made wolves unpleasant to be around.
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
This one sure was a talker! Hyacinth listened intently though, not the type to be rude and ignore a young lady. She remembered  how much she loved to talk and chatter, stil did too. "You're The first I've met, I guess I'm awfully fortunate"She said,eyes widening with surprise. The wolves around these parts were nasty? Maybe they just needed a little southern loving like she had just offered this poor thing.

"Nope. Just came to these parts today. Maybe it wasn't the brightest idea"She said now unsure of whether she wanted to continue onward here or not. After a moment's thought she decided not to judge the area as a whole based off one girl's  experience.

Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia gave a dismissive gesture of her paw when the other said perhaps she shouldn't have come, shaking her head. "Nah, they're not helpful, but they don't bite like some.  Least none of the ones I've run into. Where've you been so far?"  Suddenly, her face lit up, and she didn't give time for an answer before launching into another couple questions.  "Wait, have you met a Terance? Or a Wraen? Or seen a moon mountain?  Well I guess not the first two if I'm the first..."

That wasn't nearly right, description wise.  A mountain named something moon.... y'know what, though, maybe she'd get the idea.  Unlike the others this woman was more than helpful, and nice to boot!