Deepwood Weald I am a lost boy in Neverland
17 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
As the sun rose over the horizon, Sprig stepped into the weald. His eyes grew in awe, and a grin fell on his face as he looked around. It was beautiful. The sunlight through the trees bounced around and made them almost shimmer. Wagging his tail, he walked further in, a sense of quiet filling him. His ears perked at every little sound, and he turned his head in every direction, as if trying to soak every little bit of this place's beauty in.
Trotting now, a light laugh escaped his muzzle as his eyes lit up in pure wonder. Why had he never seen a place like this? He could spend an eternity here. Then he suddenly stopped, realizing the eerie stillness that was present. On alert, he looked around slowly and saw the weald in a different light.
The trees looked like bones sticking into the sunlight, a never-ending expanse of them. Once beautiful, the sunlight created a haze, making everything look the same. The occasional call of a bird,once a lullaby, now mocked him as he spun around. Which way did he come from? His eyes darted as his face filled with trepidation and determination. He was lost, but he could find his way out...right?
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She'd told Dakini that many of their findings came from the sea herself, but truthfully, Rosalyn was fond of striking inland as well.  Her penchant for wandering had gotten her into trouble in the past, but at this juncture, she thought of it as strengthening the crew.  A recruitment foray, even if the pickings had been slim thus far.  Yet this little forest seemed spooky enough.  Maybe she'd find a rough enough sot somewhere within its depths.

Instead, what she spotted was the exact opposite.  At first she thought it was some sort of oddly colored prey, and her eyes narrowed as she ducked down, attempting to escape notice.  It didn't take her but a moment to clarify that it was more canine than not; but not a wolf.  Still predatory, she inched forward, unsure what exactly it was she was looking at.
17 Posts
Ooc —
He trotted through these strange woods, his eyes sharp for any way out. It had become more of a beautiful prison as he had continued. Every turn there was beauty, but now clue as if it were the way out or not. He stopped and tilted his head every once in a while, trying to hear every sound. 
Wondering what his mother would say, he huffed. She would say that he was better than getting lost in these woods. He cringed at what she would think right now. The feeling of longing for her right now was strong, but his face became determined as he continued, unaware of the wolfess.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Lucky for this dog, Rosalyn had joined up in a pack, and eating things that looked so similar to herself wigged her out unless she was desperate.  As with the coyote.

But that didn't mean she couldn't have fun, yeah? He seemed ignorant to her presence, so she stalked around, feeling a predatory superiority just on appearance.  The other thing, whatever it was, did not appear as suited to these wilds as she.

"What's a morsel like you doing wandering these woods alone?" She asked, amusement lacing the words as she stepped out from the trees.  Her eyes were narrowed, inspecting.  What manner of creature was he, and where had he come from?
17 Posts
Ooc —
A feeling of being watched ran a chill up his spine, and his eyes grazed over the land, his tail swishing nervously. The trees and haze didn't help, casting floating shadows into the air. His feet floated across the ground, almost willing him out of these woods.
Hearing a voice, he froze. His heart beat faster in his chest, the sound loud in his own ears. What did the wolfess call him? He tried to act brave as he turned and faced her, yet inside, he was wound tight, his muscle tense. Steadying himself, he spoke, and he was proud that his voice was steady. I'm not a morsel. I'm called a dog. Named Sprig. What's your name?
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"A dog." She stared, not at all hiding how odd she found the sight of him.  "You know your in wolf territory, yeah?"  She lifted a brow and moved in a little closer, circling.  "Now me, I'm a half decent sort.  But some out here would say dog and morsel might be one and the same." She clicked her teeth in illustration, then shrugged.  Some of it was a joke, but truly; the hell was he doing out here?
17 Posts
Ooc —
The 'dog', as she so clearly echoed him, stood his ground while he watched her circle him. Her look spoke volumes of how unusual she thought of him. The absence of her name was a bit off putting, but his mother had spoken of wolves like this. But he wasn't deterred, his curiosity perked as she spoke again.
Puffing out his chest proudly, his tail flicked as he answered her. I have taken care of myself well, if you haven't noticed. I thought I would soothe my curiousity of big, bad wolves and strike out on my own. His head tilted slightly as eyes watched for any sudden movements, his muscles tensed. He tried to keep his voice light. I heard of another dog that's supposed to look like me. The bird...Itsy, I think her name was, promised to bring me to her, but she took off with worms.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Oh no.  She could feel the devil on her shoulder, egging her on, and she'd never been great at managing temptation.  He was so proud and carefree... she wanted to frighten him.  Imagine the lark that would be?

"I've not seen any of your kind," she answered honestly, taking another step or two.  Slow, unassuming.  "Nor a bird.  But don't say I didn't warn you."

Then she sprang with a snarl, as if to deliver a bite.  She was eager for it; truthfully she only wanted to scare him, but in reality, she might wrestle him a bit if he tried to stand his ground.  If only because with this momentum, she doubted she could stop.
17 Posts
Ooc —
He tilted his head as she spoke, his thoughts now turned to this other so called dog that the bird had told him about. Where could she be? Did that bird even know where to find her, or was she like the other creatures of this land like his mother had told him..bad, selfish beings? He shook his head. No, the bird couldn't be like that. She had helped him.
He wasn't prepared for the movements of the wolfess, and yipped slightly in surprise as she came forward. Yet he only jumped back a few feet, then a spark of adventure flamed in his eyes as he skidded to a stop, waiting for her to make her next move.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
At first he ran, and she felt a rush of triumph.  Followed almost immediately by annoyance as he turned, ready to spar, smiling as if this was a game.  True she hadn't really been intending much harm; but he wasn't supposed to know that.  It irked her.

So she kept coming, going in for a bite to the dog's scruff.  Something about him, she couldn't describe it, made her want to shove his nose in the dirt.  Just a little bit, before she hopefully sent him running back home.
17 Posts
Ooc —
His mother told him about these tricky wolves, her warning to stay away from them ringing in his head as the wolfess grabbed his scruff. A shot of adrenaline rushed through him mixed with a bit of fear as he shook, trying to detach her.
Hey, get off! He snapped at her legs, not wanting to hurt her, but he wanted loose. Laying his ears back, he wondered if he had should have just ran.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Yeah this wasn't as much fun as she'd hoped.

She gave a small growl as she released, snapping in the general direction of his face as she spun away and bounded a few feet sideways.  "Your lucky I had a big lunch," she said over her shoulder as she walked away, wondering a moment if he would try his luck again.  Hopefully not, but she'd take him to task gladly if he did.  Something about the creature set her teeth on edge, she couldn't explain what.

He'd nicked her a few times in his scrambles to get free; scrappy but dumb creature.  Maybe she should have taken it out before it ran into someone worse than she herself out here alone.

we can wrap or he can come after her, I don't mind either! Sorry for the wait <3