Blackfeather Woods Following the Trail
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Backdated to Jan 31ish, before Blackfeather Woods pack's return. I have recieved permission from @Vaati to allow Howl and the party to enter BFW without the tresspasser penalty. Not sure who is all coming but I will tag all involved just in case: @Valette @Mawk @Illecebra @Dauntless. Wanted to put this thread up before BFW got back and the timeline got too chaotic. No rush to reply till the first Burr thread is finished.

He had followed the trail all the way out of the rising sun valley, over the sunspire mountains and down into the kintla flatlands. With the groups haste in finding where Burr had been killed and following the trail it had stayed fresh the whole way. Whoever had done this had had a head start and they didn't run into them while on thier trip. But they had needed to travel all the way here dragging a dead body and so the trail kept fresh. 

Even though the pile of intestines left at duck lake was clear evidence that Burr was no longer living that didn't stop Howl from wanting to know who would have done such a thing. He had lost his own children and knew how much Illecebra had been through with her other children. He wasn't completely sure why, but he was driven to find out where this wolf had gone and see them with his own eyes. 

Such an event would likely not happen, but that was the hope. Howl approached the border or a pack, the markings were very faded, as though they had left. The scent of not one pack but two was in the air and Howl remembered members of Easthollow taking about a war involving this pack and others. He wasn't sure who had won, but the pack was definatly less present.

Old blood stained the snow around the border, a decorative choice of the BFW pack, which spoke to what they were like and willing to do.  He turned to those who had been willing to follow his to gage their responce before continuing.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She'd had some hope that their son was still Alive but was enraged that someone had hurt him. The anger kept her warm and going strong, keeping up with Mawk who she walked beside occasionally nudging him with her nose. She wouldn't let her hope be ruined, Everything would be alright... wouldn't it?

Unfortunately for Cebra that hope was short-lived as they reached Duck Lake. The intestines that lay there broke her instantly, reeking of Burr's blood and so obviously marking what must have been his death. There wasn't any hope. They'd been much too late to save their son. A surge of grief had made her lift her muzzle to the air and release a howl of agony, eyes squeezed shut and nostrils flaring against the stench of Burr's innards. When she couldn't muster the energy to scream anymore, she lowered her head and puked. Her whole body quaking, she had stood up again with dead eyes and continued onward with the group, her only focus on seeing where her boy's body had been dragged to. 

They followed the trail to a familiar place, instantly bringing a surge of rage through her. She turned to face Mawk, knowing he'd understand her rage. "I want vengeance on this pack. This is twice that they've brought me and you grief. They damaged Cyron and killed Burr." her voice trembled and there was a fire in her eyes that spoke of madness. It was entirely possible that when she was calmed down and right of mind she'd choose to focus on caring for her remaining family instead of seeking out vengeance on a whole pack, but right now all she wanted was their blood on her paws.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Since the horrific sight, the pile of innards all bloodied and marking Burr's death, Mawk had fallen into a silent mask of coldness. The bitter taste burned at his tongue and puddled into a pit in his stomach, mind clouded and hazy. It was as if an arrow had struck his chest, piercing his heart and he was not sure how to cover the hole that endlessly bled. The grief had hit him hard, and words escaped him the moment his gaze had set upon the scene. Since then, he had not uttered a sound. Not even when Illecebra gently nudged his shoulder with her nose as a gesture of comfort - there was guilt, too, for he longed desperately to nuzzle into his mate's neck but found himself unable to.

The group were following the trail, and the man's body became even more tense than it had previously been when he started to recognise this land and the scents of blood that surrounded it. Blackfeather fuckers. Immediately a dangerous glint sparked in his fiery eyes, a longing to seek revenge on the damned night wolves who had taken so much from his family - he knew, he knew that revenge did not solve anything, this conflict was sure to only bring pain, but his loyalty was cursing him for not acting upon the Blackfeather wolves the moment they had stolen his other son.

It took a moment for him to recollect his thoughts, a sharp twinge of anger, of pain and guilt filling his chest and causing his eyes to momentarily close to wallow in the darkness. Mawk had to remain calm. When Illecebra spoke, his gaze snapped to the other wolves and his curled tail lashed as best it could. At last, for the first time since the knowledge of his boy's death, the man's jaws opened to allow words to pass, though these words were spoken quietly. "We must be patient. We cannot rush into violence. We do not want to cause more harm to our family and become a main target."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away

I have spoken to Mar, and Valette won't be joining the party. Feel free to tweak your posts to account for this. Also I have spoken to the last wolf to possess Burr's body and they have informed me that in the end they would have burried it right outside the border. Howl wouldn't know his scent so I'll leave it up to one of you two to sniff him out.

He saw the greif and misery within the two parents eyes when they saw the remains of their child, and felt for them. Valette and those others had decided to stay behind, but Burrs partents and Howl wanted to know who had done this. Once at the border and smelling the fading border Howl was determined to further investigate. He understood Mawk's reasoning, but felt more strongly like Cebra.

"I understand your reasoning Mawk. I do. But I will not go back after going this far. We are so close. Close to learning the identity of who did this to your child." he spoke with strength and determinination and with a hint of anger. "What is to stop them from harming your family again if you let them get away with this unscaved!" putting a target on their back was one thing, but showing this pack that they could do with this pack whatever they wished and get away with it.

They were right at their door step, a very unguarded and unkept door step. This was the perfect time for them to infiltrate and follow the trail. "We haven't encountered anyone yet, and thier border is a sorry excuse for one. We can follow the trail, now. When it's fresh and unguarded." he spoke. Possibly over stepping how bounds, but feeling very strongly in this moment.

391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
At Mawk's calmly spoken words Cebra stepped away from his side and whirled to face them both, though her fiery gaze was focused on the one who deserved it least, her husband. Perhaps this was the first sign of how disturbed she would become from this and she should take a step back, but in this moment she was enraged,Grieving, and filled with pain. How could he be so calm while facing the borders of the same pack who had taken Cyron? "How can you be so calm?!" she voiced her question, tone irate and choked with grief. "They are quick to rush into violence and apparently our children are their main targets! I would rather make myself a target than have my babies attacked any more"She continued in the same way before it sunk in that Howl was with her on this. 

Giving Howl a grateful look she used the remaining traces of the sickening stench of Burr's intestines to track the scent, turning away before she could see Mawk's reaction to her anger. She moved away,nose lowered to the ground and occasionally lifting until she paused at one spot, outside the borders. Before her lay a patch of freshly dug dirt and leaves plagued with the stench of death and Burr. A choked sob wracked her body but she began to dig, claws scraping and tossing dirt up for only mere moments before she caught sight of his ears.

Continuing on in a frenzy she cleared the dirt and stared in horror at the sight before her. Her baby boy's body lay there, ribcage wide and gaping, eyes wide open in the stare of death. She turned away and puked up the meal she had been eating before Pema ans Dauntless showed up. She puked and then screamed, a sound filled with all the rage and agony she had kept within her since the sight of Burr's intestines. In that moment her mind broke and she fell silent once more, simply walking numbly back to the body and grabbing him by the scruff and dragging him out slowly. 

I apologize for this massive post. I figured since this plot has been prolonged for so long this would speed it up. if you guys have any problem just lemme know and i wil edit!
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk's words were cast back at him like discarded litter, spat on as though they were foolish - stupid. His heart felt even more weighed down then, as though he had done wrong despite knowing he had not. "I did not mean to say that we should leave - I want to find whoever did this, they cannot get away with it." The man drew his tounge across his dry lips, a serious expression causing the furrow of his brows. Did they have so little faith in them that they believed he did not seek revenge on the bringer of this loss? "I just mean that we have to be especially careful. The borders may be poorly marked, but that does not mean there aren't lurkers hanging around. These wolves are dangerous - we know this."

Then the wrath of Illecebra was focused upon him, The fiery woman like a lion guarding her young - but Mawk did not rise to meet her challenge, simply taking a deep breath to calm his bristling nerves. "Cebra, maybe I seem calm on the outside, but I can assure you I am not calm on the inside." No, inside there was a hollow that grew with every second passing - the beast stirred within, the side that he had worked so hard to tame. He was doing all he could not to release it. Mawk's ears flicked back to press lightly against his head as the quiet words were spoken, a shameful look of sorrow passing over his gaze. "I hate them just as much as you do for what they have done." 

After his response, the man regained his solemn, silent mask that was so carefully constructed, for he could not bear to think of the consequences if he snapped. The group continued in, and Mawk pressed his nose to the ground to find traces of Burr - the very stench of this land had his senses reeling back in disgust. What drove someone to become a monster such as this? His gaze returned to his grief-stricken mate, watching her movements silently with a frown. Cebra began to dig and he approached only to see the ashen hue of his ears. The wolfdog's body began to tremble, shaking with the horror of the situation, and the hollow pit within his stomach grew once more. Then more of the scene was uncovered like investigators at a crime scene, and his breath hitched in his throat - he saw it.

It was like the world paused and every heartbeat was prolonged, each painfully slow beat a bitter thump of a drum. Burr's body was uncovered, but it brought no peace - not that he had expected it to. He just hadn't expected... this. His son's ribcage was wide, open, exposing the bones that lacked flesh upon their surfaces. There was no hope in that moment, and the buzz of flies that had come to feast upon the carcass only advanced the impulse to throw up. Illecebra puked nearby, and her scream of sorrow was like an arrow piercing his chest and spilling any blood he had within his body. It was a scream of loss, of terror and horror, and the noise made his eyes squint shut. He didn't block it out, only allowed it to consume his ears until that was all he heard, because he could not fight it. And there, the stoic man felt the moisture drip down from his eyes and splat in tiny droplets to the floor.

I'm so sorry I failed you, Burr.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It was good to hear Mawk's resolve, and Howl was prepared to enter into Blackfeather Woods territory, guns blazing as it were. But sadly it didn't seem like that would be the case. As the two parents began to sniff around it didn't seem as though they would need to look far to find Burr's remains. Cebra cried out as she pulled her sons body from the earth. Both parents puking from the sight, smell, and moral standing of the situation. 

The shear sight of the boys remains made Howl feel sick, though not enough to cause him to puke. Attempting not to show disgust, and to show respect, Howl sat beside the boys body and beside Cebra with his head bowed and eyes closed. Even though Howl hadn't meet Burr he still felt for the young boy and his parents. He felt anger to the wolves that would do this, and wished for them to face their punishment. 

He wished he could confort Cebra, as she was taking this the worst, but didn't know how under the circumstances. He hope she and Mawk would overcome this inital feeling of guilt and pain. So that they might decide what to do next. Would they want to go back to Easthollow? To try and find the one who had done this? To bring Burr back with them? He thought these questions in his mind and not a loud.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She felt hollow, as if all her intestines had been gored from her body. The thought made her feel ill again but she had nothing else to puke out of her system. She couldn't speak to comfort her husband, couldn't produce tears to release the pain, she just stood there with Burr dangling from her mouth as her jaws remained clamped to his scruff eyes staring off into space.

After a few long torturous moments she gently placed Burr down "We go home and bury him where Keoni and Steady are buried. He deserves a resting place better than this. When things are better we can figure out how to handle this. Valette needs to be spoken to about the threat Blackfeather Woods holds." her voice was as cold and numb as she felt in that moment and she did not wait for a response, turning to grab Burr's body again and slowly drag him off. Without his intestines he was surprisingly light though she didn't focus on it, not wanting to feel any worse than she already did. I abandoned them all and this is what came from it. Even when I returned I didn't visit him at Morningside. I failed him. I failed all my children. I'm sorry Burr the thoughts made her crack and tears began to fall, dripping slowly onto Burr's fur.