King Elk Forest it's a funny battle, it's a constant game
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
All Welcome 
@Jomyo! short, just wanna get this going :3

he gives himself a day or two to process and mourn and then he takes stock of what needs to be done. one: he needs to talk to mato and figure out their next steps before winter is over. their conversation is on the forefront of his mind again - moving from the forest - now that burke is dead, his main hesitation is gone. it's not like he wants to pack up and leave: he likes the forest. 

but he can be prepared if nothing else. the snowstorm is still merciless, but the trees buffet the worst of it so he can at least move through the forest, hoping to find jomyo in her den (or a shelter of any sort).
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
All this snow lately drove her into shelter more than ever. Still, if it had to snow like this, she was pleased that it had to be now while she was affiliated with this quiet little woodlot. Instead of left prey to the elements and the winter of the wilds, she definitely knew she was better off here, warm and tucked into a cozy old critter den she had reclaimed as her "good enough for now" den, unfettered and alright. Not frozen dead in the mountains somewhere, as worst case scenario could have it if her luck had tanked out that terribly.

Jomyo had situated herself into aforementioned den's entrance just right so that she could be covered, mostly, and still watch the snow fall through the trees. While quite picturesque, it was not the most enthralling of entertainment to the scout with itchy feet; it still was better than looking at the underground, or the backs of her eyelids, anymore.. so she let the time pass this way, willing the snow to relent soon, for spring to thaw them out so she could rove over the green valleys again, beneath the cover of full treetops, with the days long and fit for lots of travel...

Spotting a figure coming through the woods towards her general area brought her to attention, and fast into a brand new curiosity. She pricked her ears, poked her head up and out more, then eventually watched that questionable something materialize into Delight. She didn't rush to go see him (in the event he was just passing by--she would at least say hey), but did woof lowly at him (with a small hint of inquiry to go with it--why was he out?) although the finer details may have honestly been lost on the cold, snow-dotted winds.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

a woof catches his attention before he makes out her form in the driving snow. oh thank elk he thinks and beelines for her. delight likes winter and he fares fine in it but it doesn't mean he likes being stuck in the middle of a storm, official business or no. "mind if i join you?" the androgyne questions as soon as he's in earshot -- though he wonders if that den is even big enough for the both of them (at least he's pretty tiny).
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Some of the snow is sticking to her snout and she had to interrupt her squinting long enough to shake it off, but when she was finished, she realized he was definitely coming her way by now. The scout perked up, really curious all of a sudden as her nose worked in Delight's direction.

"No, I don't mind..!" she barked back. He was getting closer so there was less of a need for that. It was way too cold and shitty out, though, she couldn't leave her leader out there in it. "Well, it's kinda snug," she added after, having folded her ears against the cold as she started to scoot herself out of the way. It was obvious the spot was pretty tiny but they were both small wolves. Jomyo could make do and if Delight was fine with cozy spaces, she wasn't going to fuss any either since it would be warmer with two bodies. "Sorry I didn't cozy it up better, or like I don't know, have snacks; didn't expect the Morwinyon coming over," she quipped dryly, though definitely wasn't complaining any; in her own way, she was glad to see Delight, as per the usual, it seemed.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

granted permission, delight squeezes himself in without another word, catching on a snort as she quips at him. "okay, yeah, i didn't plan this out too good," he huffs as he settles, squeezed against her side with his paws crossed in front of him like an oversized cat. it is dry and warm, though, and despite the howl of wind and snow just a few inches from his nose, delight finds he's surprisingly comfortable. "but i just didn't want to - i don't know, get distratced and wait longer." 

the morwinyon twists so he can look at his denbound companion, awkward in the small space. "i think you should go on that scouting trip we discussed once this storm passes," he says, cutting to the point. "you don't have to take anyone if you don't want to - but maybe mona if she's around, she's been going on her own little scouting trips, i think." either that or she just wanders off a lot, but that's kind of scout-y. "oh, and -- if you can, there's a pack named morningside that took care of anatha when she got hurt and i'd like to thank them." he'll ask anatha for a general location later -- though if jomyo doesn't get that far, that's alright, too.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Since she had never shared this spot with another body, she didn't have a good idea of how would work out exactly and made herself small until Delight could settle in with her, snickering softly at his mention of a lack of planning too--because how could she not? Even she had turned her nose up at this weather, but hey, if he'd been into the snowy stuff, she wasn't going to fault him. "Well, could always be worse," she offered back and shifted herself a bit better, then was much more satisfied.

Her ears went towards the leader quickly, baited a bit by Delight's prefacing and eager to hear more--especially when it revealed to be about the scouting, and about moving it up to sooner, rather than later. She perked just a little, maybe, and wondered why the timeline moved up so soon but she was not going to argue. "Oh? Yeah. Sure, I can go soon," the scout answered, collecting herself (and her thoughts) on the matter as she went. She had faith that she could make it work as soon as there was a break in this snow, with or without Mona if she could find her. Traveling would just take time, but she wasn't pressed by any major deadlines that she knew about yet; there could still be more to know. "Do you know anything about where Morningside is generally? I'm sure I can ask around on the other side of the mountains a bit too if not.." she said, not bothered if he didn't.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

jomyo doesn't seem put off by his proximity, and lulled by the shared body heat he finds himself relaxing fairly quickly. it helps to be tiny, he guesses. more importantly, she cops to the idea easily as he'd hoped. flashing a grin, delight stretches slightly and answers, "i don't, but i can ask anatha," figuring she probably at least remembers the direction she came in. "how long d'you think it'll take?" he adds - not that there's much pressure for time, but he wants to know how long to wait before he starts to worry about her safe return.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
"Right. I can too, if I see her," she said, glancing towards outside again and still finds herself glad she's not out in it. "I'm not sure, really." she answered with a sorry shake of her head. "Never been. Faster if the snow stays stopped out that way. But I like to go fast," she nudged a paw against the cold den floor. Alone, she was absolutely confident she could breeze her way along the best she was able.

More details, and more plans took shape soon after. She'd glean her necessary details from the right folk and put it to good use. Between what she'd leave here with, matched with what the wilds would say, the ranger in her was confident she could figure it out even shooting in the relative dark like this. "A good warm rest and a meal and I'll be out," she concluded with, though. It would get done and she'd see to it as soon as possible. The urgency of it was subtle, but she wasn't blind to it.

After a lingering cozy moment tucked away from the storm, she huffed. "Ew, guess it's getting worse," she groaned when she heard the winds whipping even through the trees. The chat carried on, perhaps even a little lighter as the business wrapped itself to an end, and Delight was lucky he had made it here when he did. She was lucky to share the warmth and the company, too.