Blacktail Deer Plateau A wish of a wish
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow woke up in the early morning to feel the soft lump of a child sleeping near and Osprey across the den. She smiled at both of their sleeping forms and with quiet movements she was up and out into the foggy morning with dew kissed ground.

She took two rabbits in to the den laying one near Amelie and one near Osprey hoping the two of them would eat. She then tucked her tail up over her back and ran through the foggy morning air, her green eyes taking in the sites and the early morning animals. She wondered who she would meet this early in the morning if anyone or if it would be a morning just for her to be on her own.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu did his typical sigh as he walked slowly through the thick fog. Lately, it seemed all he ever tried to do was keep his mind off of Pied. His second mate to die. He wanted something to kill the pain, but didn't know what could help.

He stopped in place and eyed the black creature that was undoubtedly Blue Willow. Kisu became slightly agitated, for the feeling to be alone with his thoughts was overwhelming. He began to turn, but then stopped in place.

Sighing once more, Kisu walked forward and quietly spoke. "Hello, Blue Willow." His voice sounded foreign to himself, and he wondered if it sounded odd to her as well.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue willow turned eyes towards the voice that she really didn't know. It was Kisu, the grief stricken male. Her heart went out to him, he had much hardship throughout his entire life it sounded like if Rob was to be believed.

Hello Kisu, taking a break from puppies? She asked curious he was often at the den with Saena and Pura when she went by throughout the day to drop food off or too look and play with all the puppies.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu smiled. "Yes," he said quietly. "Sometimes thoughts get overwhelming with the children. Just a short walk here and there helps." Kisu had always been honest to a fault, but now it seemed painful to talk about things. Everyone knew his mate was dead, and he was sure everyone pitied him, even if they didn't show it. This frustrated Kisu, but made him sick to his stomach with thoughts of Pied.

"And what are you up to?" He asked fairly quickly after answering Blue Willow's question.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled yes I can see where you would need a break. They are a lively bunch, but sweet as can be. blue willow loved the puppies with every breath in her body, she really did. Even if they were not her own or even related to her, though she was adopted by Perry to be their aunt, though she wasn't sure how Kisu felt about that for his pups, but at least she could be an aunt to the two little girls of the alpha pair.

She blinked at his quick change of subject, but realized he probably didn't want to talk about sad things so rather than say anything she took it in stride. I was just out walking. Early mornings are one of my favorite times, when the world is all new and covered in glittery jewels of water. She looked down at that to look at the dew drops before she ruined them with her walking.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu nodded. "I have always been up early. It's peaceful, but the most interesting things happen during the early hours. The world is quiet and beautiful." Kisu examined his surroundings. Everything seemed shifted and different during the early morning.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow nodded her head I've always liked mornings. Since my parents traveled sharing their knowledge of herbs and lore we would often have to leave in the early morning after spending a night in another pack land by allowance of course. I learned to revere the mornings, for the nights were full of strangers and strange places. She smiled again

Blue tilted her head unsure what else to say to the scarred male, even if his scars were on the inside. She spoke softly Yes they are peaceful, but so are the nights when the moon is bright.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu raised his head, and with his eye pointed upward, he thought a moment, admiring the silence. He then sighed and turned his head to face the dark female. They sat with only a short distance between them — friendly but formal.

"Is this your first time settling down somewhere, Blue Willow?" Kisu thought about all of his traveling throughout his life. He'd been in mostly forests and in many areas with lakes. He had never seen an ocean before Horizon Ridge, and he wondered what else there was to see and if Blue Willow had seen them.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue shifted her weight to better hold herself up. It was still rather early and though she was not tired, her muscles were still waking up, so they could fall to sleep easily.

Yes this is my very first time settling down. We traveled and for 2 years it was just my family and me. I had no friends, nothing other than my parents. However, do not mistake that I did not like that. I enjoyed our simple existence, it just came time for me to make my own story. How about you have you done much traveling in your life?
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu nodded silently, both at Blue Willow's words and the question she posed. "Making your own story is a good reason to settle down," the male commented. Letting out a quiet sigh, he answered her question. "Yes, I have traveled hundreds of miles, mostly through wooded areas and mountains. Lakes have been common as well, along with the loneliness that partners being alone. There is something peaceful, being your own companion, but it leaves you feeling empty inside."

He quit speaking, but not as lonely as your both of your mates dying on you swam through his head for a moment, his silvery goldenrod eyes becoming sad in the process.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue listened with one ear tilted towards the other male. She smiled I was fortunate enough to never truly travel alone until I came in search of this place, not that I was searching for the Plateau. I just sort of settled here after walking for miles.

She noticed the sadness in his face and feeling that perhaps he wanted to grieve alone she stood swiftly and spoke softly I am sorry Kisu, for everything. The fault lies with me I should have stayed nearer Pied I knew that she was at risk and I did speak with her about it. I however did not wish to intrude on the two of you. Now I see that you are still grieving so I am going to leave you to it. You have a wonderful day or at least try. She then turned but waited a moment to see if the other had any more to say. She would gladly shoulder the blame for the whole mess simply because sometimes when you were grieving you needed to blame someone and have answers and if she could she would take the pain from him.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
He head shot up, his eyes widened, his brow narrowed, his nostrils flared. All at the mention of Pied and how it was her fault Pied had died. "She discussed being 'at risk' with you? She mentioned one time she had been the only to survive of her litter and that there might be complications, but I didn't believe it could happen."

He shook his head. "There wasn't anything you could have done. Even if you were nearby..." There was a catch in his throat and he stopped speaking. "It's all my fault. If I had not courted her... if I had not mated with her... she would still be alive." Kisu's chest ached and he clenched his jaw.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue dipped her head yes though she was more worried about her internal injuries from the sea animal not anything else. she had not meant to make his grief dig deeper or hurt worse. perhaps she shouldn't have said anything about Pied.

Blue inhaled sharply Kisu that's not true at all. Pied was so happy she loved you and she loved those babies too she told me no matter what it was worth it (I may have to check make sure that was stated it was implied at least) she would not allow you to think that
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
He stayed quiet through her stating that Pied had been worried of the injuries inflicted upon her while they were a part of Horizon Ridge. He fought a small whimper, thinking of their time in the Cave of Glass right before they journeyed back to the plateau for a safe haven. Hawkeye and Peregrine welcomed them with opened arms. A small smile appeared on Kisu's face as remembered the moments with his dead mate.

"I wish I could have been there for her when it happened. I left early that morning... I had no idea. She was the only one who survived in her litter, and I figured that the worst thing that could have happened was the same thing to our litter. Nothing as extreme as her... dying."

Kisu was becoming exhausted and growing tired of talking about things. He was not one to express emotions very often. "Well, how about you? What have you been up to lately besides helping with the kids?" He hoped that the subject change would go smoothly, but he patiently waited to see what would happen.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled but sadly The world works in mysterious ways Kisu, that is all you can think of to get you through. She did not have any other words to make him feel better. She also had none to eleviate his guilt at leaving that morning. He was merely being a good mate finding her food, but she knew no matter what she said he would not see it that way until his grief was done.

Blue didn't even blink grief was a fickle, friendless thing and if he wanted to change the subject so be it she would do her best. Not much I have been trying to make sure all of you get food as well as the pups, taking care of small injuries and sickness and patrolling. Other than that nothing. I've made a few ventures towards Horizon Ridge and the lower plateau to gather herbs.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu listened and simply nodded, halfway drawn into another world but still aware of her words. After she spoke, he stayed silent for a moment, not having anything to add. Looking around, he sighed. "Are there any males here you'd like to take as a mate?" The question was purely innocent curiosity, something he was drawn to ask before they went their separate ways.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue's eyes went a little bit wide. What was with the males around here and flat out asking that question. She didn't really mind, it was just surprising that some were so curious about her own choices in a man. I haven't been actively looking yet. healing comes first to me quite often and I forget to take care of myself if that makes any sense. She briefly thought of her conversation with Peregrine about his brother and she had certainly noticed the black male in passing and he was impressive as well as kind. So perhaps it was unfair to say that she wasn't actively looking when one had already caught her eye, but she was still uncomfortable speaking about it to anyone other than those she was closest too.

280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu nodded while looking around, ultimately bringing his mostly golden eyes back to hers. He sighed. "Well, I suppose I should see my daughter and my son." He looked out to the forest. "Or maybe catch a rabbit for all of the kids to split. If I can find one soon enough."

He rose, shaking out his pelt. "See you soon, Blue Willow." Kisu trotted off in the general area of the rendezvous point, hoping to catch some sort of prey before returning.