Stone Circle creeping, in some sad way
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Only if you're interested @Howl ! Just thought it'd be nice for Larus to meet more packmates.

Taking a break was out of the question, but Larus knew when he'd met his limit and so he returned to the heart of the territory, specifically to the standing stones. He checked their perimeter next. The stones remained tall and stalwart, impressively looming, with the open sky above them. 

It was during his investigation of the stones that he caught upon a scent he vaguely recognized (only because he had encountered it so often on his rounds of the borders); he paused while in the center of the stone circle and looked around, wondering if maybe he was alone with the stones or if the wolf-scent belonged to someone.

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away

Omg. Sooooooo sorry for missing/forgetting this.

Howl had spend the earlier part of the day patrolling and marking the border. One of his daily tasks that he took pride in. He may not have been one of the higher ranking wolves, but he made sure that his scent was known around the territory and that he was doing his part to guard the territory. 

After that he had decided to spend some time with Keoni, or her burrial at least. Even though she was gone, Howl still respected her very much and enjoyed spending his leasure time resting within her within the stone circle. When the found of incomming foot prints came closer to the stone circle Howl turned his head to see a grayish male entering the circle. He nodded his head to this unknown member and greeted him. "Greetings gentleman."

Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

As Larus caught the eye of the dark figure, he realized that it was a wolf. He dipped his head in silent greeting as the stranger approached, flicking his ears to the sound of Howl's voice; he seemed to be close to Larus in age and quite healthy, which meant the pack was stronger as a result. Perhaps he was related to their dark alpha - but Larus couldn't make out any similarities beyond the dark pelt, so he put that idea to rest.

Hello, he greeted after a beat, his tail swaying softly at his hocks for a few pendulum beats before he assumed his usual slouch. I don't think I've met you yet - how long have you been with Easthollow? Glossing over the fact he failed to introduce himself like a proper functioning adult, Larus felt like this was going well.

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He nodded his head back to the male when he said hello. He was quick to recognize that the two hadn't had a proper introduction before now and asked how long Howl had been a part of the pack. That was something Howl had to think about. Thinking back to the times when Keoni had lead him to theses borders. "I believe you are correct. My name is Howl and I have been apart of Easthollow for... for... alittle over 3 months now." he answered not sure if that would be considered a long time. "And you?" he asked curious to see how long he had accidentally avoided this male.

497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

Three months! For a being accustomed to the lifestyle of a lone wolf, that sounded like a while. That must've meant Howl was quite high in the rankings, and maybe he was accomplished in some regard. There wasn't  much to do in a pack aside from work on trades, so Larus suspected he was speaking with an expert of something

With his tail fanning his hocks, Larus murmured, Nice to meet you — ah, I'm Larus, out of all the introductions he's participated in, this wasn't the worst. He hesitated just a second and then added, And uh, I'm not sure. I haven't been here long, but I don't really keep track. You must know a lot about the pack though — did you um, did you know Valette very well? Or her kids? Maybe this guy was around long enough to have met Valette's daughter - the one who passed. Larus felt strange in probing but he was just curious and wanted to get a better understanding of the pack's history.

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Larus hadn't seemed to have kept track of how long he had been in the pack, but the way he spoke made it sound as though he had been in the pack a shorter amount of time then Howl. As Larus began to speak he made it sound as though Howl was an old veterin from the pack. Howl didn't think he was much of an expert, but he knew more then he thought. Howl didn't think he knew much, in fact he thought he should know more. But he did know Valette and his children, a few generations of them. "I don't know if I would say I know alot. But I do know Valette, and her children."

Seeing has how Larus sounded like a new addition to the pack Howl wanted to know what kind of members were entering the pack. "So how did you become a member of Easthollow?"