Bearclaw Valley Am I being too greedy by even asking this question
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
The distracting team moved fast, quick to assume their positions further in toward the huge prey. Snarls and barks, provocative yips designed to capture the moose's attention - she recognised it all, and felt the longing itch in her paws. It had been so long since she had aided in bringing down such a large creature, the ghost had greatly missed the rush of adrenaline that pumped through her veins when the hunt got moving.

Xan led the rest of them forward, and the pale woman's ears cupped forward in anticipation, oceanic eyes darting around the scene to focus on every snap of jaws, every dodge. This was not an easy choice when it came to meals, but if they could bring it down, it would certainly be rewarding.

The alpha began to circle the lumbering creature, and Gwen followed suit while silently assessing the situation, searching for a way to land a blow. A brown leg struck out but Xan carefully avoided it, narrowly missing the forceful kick, while Indra rushed to the front near the shoulder of the beast. A blur of maroon heralded another kick, but this one was not dodged - the hoof struck Blondine in the jaw and she stumbled. Concern caused the downward tilt of Gwen's lips, but the other wolfess was quick to make a recovery, involving herself back into the hunt. However that was not the only injury to be had on that day, as during her moment of distraction another hoof was thrown out and slammed into Poet. Blood splattered across the white snow, coating it in speckles of red, and then Dakarai was hit but this time by the display of antlers that slammed him to the ground.

A wave of frustration came over the pale girl as she watched this unfold, her own movements careful and calculated as she found herself willing to make her own risky attack. While the beast was distracted by the others, Gwen (after a burst of excited energy) darted around to the side and leapt forward, teeth colliding for a moment with the firm skin of the moose - she took this split-second opportunity and drove her fangs in, ripping away some flesh and shoving herself off of the brute to landing roughly in the snow a couple of metres away. She had narrowly avoided yet another kick, but the blood that now splattered onto the coating of white was not her own, but the moose's. At the very least, the red dripping from it's side would aid in weakening it, even if her move had been very risky indeed. The former alphess had supposed that she would not mind the coming of death, so better to throw herself in and risk her life to aid these wolves how she could while she could. Perhaps it was lucky she had made it away without an injury, the dove thought as she regained her footing, but it would help.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
Messages In This Thread
Am I being too greedy by even asking this question - by Xan - February 14, 2018, 04:28 PM
RE: Am I being too greedy by even asking this question - by Gwen - February 27, 2018, 12:24 PM