Bearclaw Valley Am I being too greedy by even asking this question
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her heart began to beat faster as the vocalizations of her pack mates reached her cupped ears. She matched the alpha's lead, making herself not run her head. It had been too long...over a year that she had tasted this kind of creature's flesh, and her mouth watered. Picking up her pace, the creature came into sight, and her brown eyes lit up, adrenaline starting to pump. Sharply, she watched the alpha pause, and she almost called to him, yet he moved quickly. Twisting her ears to the creature, the sounds coming from it was almost musical. As the white male rallied them, she moved closer, her muscles tense, an excitement in her body. 

The sunlit woman watched a moment before darting in and drawing blood from it's haunch. The low sound of pain from the huge creature was accompanied by a swift kick, and a yelp of pain from her as a hoof clipped her shoulder, sending her sliding. Her shoulder was bleeding yet again, but so was the prey, and that she could handle. Standing slowly, her adrenaline took over again as she circled it, watching the pack mates one by one getting hurt. One made a mistake to look towards the injured one and paid the price. The sound of contact made her grimace, and a memory shot through her mind. Her own pack. A creature such as this. Two deaths.

Breath coming faster, she saw Dakarai out of the corner of her eye going flying, then Gwen as she drew some blood. Tail lashing in pure irritation, her eyes locked on the beast, her eyes bright. She remembered how to help bring it down, but could she? Never having done it before, she was unsure, but the beast had hurt too many. Growling, she tried to get it's attention by nipping at the massive shoulder and foreleg. The head swung around, and she darted away, her shoulder starting to burn. Sharp incisors met tender skin as she worried it behind the leg. This was it. She could feel it as she darted in front of the beast, the head following her. Snorting, she lunged, the teeth meeting their mark as she tasted blood, clamping down tightly on it's tender nose. The pained bellow rang her ears, and her legs flailed as it lifted her a few inches off the ground.

Shaking her body, her breath came hard and fast as she locked eyes with the creature. It felt like an eternity as it slung her around like a rag doll, yet it was a few mere seconds before she felt the hard ground again. Digging her claws into the earth, she yanked and shook her head violently as it's sounds rolled through the land. Her ears perked as she noticed the creature moved it's head as she twisted hers. Quickly, she yanked her head sideways, hoping as she held the head, the others could finally bring it down. Their blood mixed together in the snow, one gaze determined, the other scared.

I meant to put this in and totally forgot! Please, the next person who posts has my permission to pp Onyx getting slung off by the moose! Sorry ;-;
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
Messages In This Thread
Am I being too greedy by even asking this question - by Xan - February 14, 2018, 04:28 PM
RE: Am I being too greedy by even asking this question - by Onyx Saefyn - February 27, 2018, 11:49 PM