Ravensblood Forest I Will Walk 500 More!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The red furred male had almost forgotten about Ironsea when he had woken up by Tine's side. They had gone through the night on an island, and then after, he had been like how he usually was in a good dream. Care free, laughing and singing. She was beautiful, and he was beginning to love everything about her. 

Though she left his mind when he came to a scent border. Engel stopped there, and remembered what he was meant to be doing. So, with that in mind, he took some paces back and howled out.

@Samothes
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
to stab my youth with desperate knives
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

ravensblood is quiet and samothes still has half a mind to chase that disastrous sibling of his down. samothes hasn't a clue what her plans are but they cannot be good and knowing she is near but not where is making him a bit restless. he's never enjoyed hide and seek is the thing. and despite her claims to the contrary he knows she is up to some terrible thing.

don't get him wrong, it's not that he desires to stop whatever it is she's doing, he just doesn't want to be caught up in it. 

the scholar stalks the forest, hoping for some sight of his few and far between pack mates without success, when a howl thankfully breaks the monotony. he's quick to arrive, taking in the sight of the handsome man with a slow spreading smirk. samaantine's scent on his fur doesn't register, hidden by the enticing smell of salt water. (actually, it briefly reminds him of thelxiope, but the thought doesn't linger.)

"looking for something?" samothes intones, lifting an eyebrow. perhaps he could use a distraction.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel waited by the border till finally someone came. He bowed his head for a moment, while looking them over after with curious, enticed eyes. "Yes, I'm looking for packs along the coast. Trying to figure who's friendly and who's not." He grinned slightly after a look over. 

"I'm guessing this is a friendly group you got here...unless not everyone is like you?" 
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

"there aren't many like me," he agrees smoothly, intrigued by his mission. "are you searching for a place to call home? or merely expanding your... horizons, so to speak," samothes asks, looking him over again -- slowly this time, deliberately. he's normally not so forward, but desperate times and all of that. after a moment he looks back to the stranger's face, a lazy smile curving his mouth. "but to answer your question... we're amicable. under the right circumstances, of course." constantine does not strike him as a warmongerer, and they all seem a fairly reasoned lot. samothes has no reason to consider them unfriendly, although the exact nature of this man's inquiry remains a mystery to the messeda boy. 
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"That's too bad" he said, pouting slightly. Always could use more nice wolves. Though Engel was always quick to judge. "Expanding my horizons...part of a group and the leader said that could be my job. Plenty of opportunity for adventure." And with adventure came great things. Like endless pleasures of the world, new things to explore. 

"Well that's good to hear, I guess...Last I came from didn't seem as kind as I thought." Since they had approached him with a growl, but he handled it fine. At least, he thought he did.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

samothes laughs lightly, canting his head as he listens to the other's explanation. ah, scouting. a group is vague but he assumes the man means a fledgling pack like theirs. getting the diplomatic ties in place early he can vibe with. "so you're an adventurous sort," he murmurs, raising his eyebrows.

"i'm sorry to hear that," samothes says, taking just a step closer. "i can't imagine someone rebuffing you." he does not wink - he is a more dignified flirter than that - but he does smirk and quirk a brow, his eyes turning mischevious.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel laughed along with the other. Or, more so snickered. "Indeed I am quite the adventurous sort." He would offer to the other if he cared to find out, but he had a job to do. The other took a step closer, and Engel felt tempted to take one closer as well...except that would mean going the border, so he went against doing so.

"Oh, it happens. Plenty just can't handle this much. But I found a pack that does, so now I'm here finding whatever I can" he replied. And then there was a sly smirk, and he even dared a wink as well. He caught the mischievous look. "So...anything else I am to know about this pack? If you don't mind my asking."
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

it's hard to get a read on the fellow -- although he's yet to rebuff samothes' subtle flirtations, the messeda cannot say with one hundred percent certainty that engel has picked up on them at all. he has been out of the game for a while. perhaps he's a bit rusty.

oh wait, that was definitely a wink. the scholar smirks and says, "i quite like a handful," his whiskey voice smooth. he tilts his head slightly, as if giving engel's question deep consideration, his expression still playful. "hm," he nearly purrs, "you haven't earned anything else, i don't think." and now it's his turn to wink.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel laughed under his breath, this guy before him was good at this. Trying to match his flirtatious remarks was an exciting little game. "Can you? I can say, there's more than meets the eye with me."

Engel is almost reminded of Samaantine, how Samothes almost purred. Then...he winked? That had Engel grinning like mad. "And just how would I earn such information?" Now he wanted to dare another step forward, and raised his paw while giving a look to Samothes that dared him to move closer.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

he smirks. oh, yes, this is a game he quite enjoys. though not as malicious as his fair sister in his pursuits, samothes loves the delicate dance of flirtation, of turning phrase until bodies come to meet. "i like what my eye already meets," he hums, meeting engel's raised paw with a forward step of his own, drawing them close yet again, so that should engel make the move they'll be nearly touching. "tell me, engel, are you a good boy?" his smirk widens -- although this close, he detects faintly a familiar scent on the man's coat, but he can't quite place it. odd.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel put his paw down as the other started to move. "I like what my eyes see as well...and the wolf before me" he added to add some lighthearted humor. His own grin widened as their physical closeness drew closer and closer. He laughed a bit at the question. "I can be...and sometimes not." Engel gave a bit of a mischievous look towards Samothes as he said that.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

engel plays into his paws, sending a tiny thrill through samothes. yet there is some nagging... strange... 

and then he places it.

samaantine!

the messeda boy hides his surprise, ducking so that his nose may bump teasingly against engel's nape, should he allow. "only good boys earn rewards," he murmurs, turning the new information over in his mind frantically. samaantine's smell clings to his coat, mixed among that pleasant saltiness. perhaps they'd just crossed paths -- he'd called himself an adventurer, no? -- and it means nothing. it is not that strong. but at the same time, it is strong enough to make him question. he could pull away and interrogate the man, but if it truly is just coincidence, he'll be prematurely ending this fun little game they're having. and if it isn't coincidence -- if his dear sister has some relationship with this man -- well, the scheming little scholar won't lose the opportunity to mess about with one of her toys.

with a mischevious little smile samothes pulls back, just enough that engel can see his expression again, as if the previous moment of surprise hadn't happened at all. he glances over his shoulders -- impropriety on the borders seems like something constantine wouldn't approve of -- and takes a few steps past the border, bumping against engel playfully as if to lead him a little ways away, for some proper fun.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel watched the other move, remaining still as Samothes bumped his nose against his nape. As they were close, there was something about them...something that reminded him of another...He felt himself shiver at the words, and whatever it was was gone now. "And am I?" he murmurs back. He grinned widely as the other pulled off and Engel could see his expression. 

Samothes bumped his shoulder as he passed by, and Engel followed behind, all attention to the other. He watched them from behind, purposefully staying just behind them. "Where we going? Can't we stay by the nice place back there?" he asked, giving a pout but could not hide the teasing look.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

"i'm not sure," samothes replies, cocking an eyebrow, although he can't stifle his amused smirk at engel's teasing. "tsk," he says, and turns away, his tail flicking behind him, "and have you use me to sneak into our borders?" it's jesting -- he doesn't really suspect engel wants to cause ravensblood harm -- but nonetheless he glances coyly over his shoulder, his rose gold gaze heavy-lidded and inviting. "now, why don't you come here and prove how good you are," the boy calls out, intrigued to find out how far engel's willing to go with him.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard continued to follow Samothes, snickering to himself. Sneak in? "Sneak in? Why would I do that? I have a place" he said. He invited him to come over, and Engel followed. He was beginning to wonder what exactly he meant by 'good he was', and he was willing to planning to show just that. "Good? Good at what, exactly?" he asked, though he had a sneaking suspicion and his tone hinted at that, as did the grin.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

samothes is many things: brilliant, charming, irresistable, a bit of a coward (though he'd never admit it) -- and, naturally, a bottom. the thought of sleeping with a man his sister might have also shared a den with should not be as titulating as he currently finds it, but thankfully, he's quite adept at not thinking about his weird one-upsman kink. 

without answering out loud, the boy sweeps his tail up in a decidedly feminine gesture, the wolven equivalent of dropping his towel, and takes a step closer. "i think you know very well," he teases, "but i'd be more than willing to provide a ... demonstration, if you'd need. i take it you've been with a man before?" judging from how receptive to samothes' flirting, he assumes so (and if he's wrong, this is about to take a very awkward turn, isn't it!)
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel gets his confirmation as the other sweeps his tail up. He felt his grin growing. Samothes knew him just by the looks and teasing tone he was giving off. "Oh, I would not mind a demonstration." He circled about, sniffing behind. "I have, many times. Both ways" he said, with a wink. "I've been with men, with women...sometimes both. And one quite recent, so excuse me if I seem a bit...exhausted." He tended to be sometimes, for a bit.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

samothes smirks lasciviously, circling around the other man. experience is always a welcome thing -- no one likes handholding a trembling virgin through their first gay experience -- but his mention of a recent excursion brings pause. he does smell like samaantine. humming, samothes ghosts his nose along engel's side, nudging his hip playfully, the object of the game shifting. "lucky you," he says playfully, even as the look in his eyes shifts from horny to calculating, "was this affair a man, or a woman? or both?" he keeps his voice as teasing and casual as possible, pretending his interest is in the sexy details and not the who. engel hasn't seemed to notice the similarity in smell between the two messedas (thanks, presumably, to the thick scent of ravensblood on his fur) -- samothes hopes he can keep the ruse up a little longer.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel grinned with a short chuckle. Certainly was quite the lucky one. "Yes...most lucky, I was to have met her..." he said, also answering the question asked from Samothes. "She's a dark beauty, as dark as the night...and those eyes, those green eyes." She was something, all right. Someone that had changed him. He paused...now all he had was her on his mind. He couldn't think straight. And he had a moment of confusion set in.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away
sorry for the hold up!

his instinct had been correct -- engel has laid with samaantine. while that's the assumption he'd been operating under to begin with, hearing the loving description, her dark as the night (bleh) fur and those green eyes (meh), twists his stomach uncomfortably. he can't help himself from sliding closer, circling so that his mouth comes to rest by engel's ear. "i wouldn't describe your meeting my dear sister as lucky, but to each his own, i suppose," samothes murmurs, voice low and silky, and then abruptly pulls away, any mischief in his gaze replaced by something cold and judgemental. "samaantine," he says, cocks an eyebrow, "no?"
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
It's all good!

Engelhard felt a tingle around his ear as the other's mouth rested near it while he spoke. And he froze a bit. Sister? And what did he mean by 'not lucky'? He turned his head and was most surprised by the new gaze held by Samothes. "W-Wait...your sister?" he asked aloud. They definitely knew each other in some way. And that way was by being siblings. He sensed there was more to it though. "That...wouldn't cause problems would it..."
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

the playfulness that warmed his expression prior has fled, leaving only a hint of amusement underneath something bitter. "for me? of course not," the messeda purrs, looking like he doesn't mean a word, "but for her? don't tell me you're trying to stay in her good graces, dear boy." not that it matters now. samothes has what he wants -- he knows engel's name and his relationship to samaantine, and he can still lord it over her. if that involves twisting the truth a little, well, it saves him the effort of having to sleep with someone (although it is a shame, he could have used a little release). but he does not pull away, not yet, curious to see what engel's reaction will be -- just how wrapped around her finger does the mad woman have him?
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard took a step back. Any playful feelings he had held, or anything like that were gone. "She is good to me. I would not hurt her, or do anything to hurt her." And it surprised him, the amount of honesty there was. Normally he would never hurt any of his partners ever, but he rarely said it aloud.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

a pity. samaantine's got her hooks into him, and he was so cute. but oh well, it can't be helped if he's not going to run the risk of upsetting her. his expression turns bored and he offers only a shrug, taking a couple steps back toward ravensblood's borders. "so long as you're useful to her," samothes tells him cryptically, "but don't expect it to last." what is it about her that turns men into drooling idiots? he's not oblivious to her beauty, but she has no natural charm like he -- perhaps it is some mystifing quality of women he does not have or comprehend. 

the messeda brother clears his throat, falling back seamlessly into the role of ravensblood's representative as if they had not just nearly consummated their meeting in a rather frisky manner. "ravensblood shall have no qualms with your coastal pack, so long as you respect our claim. what is the name of your group?" like he's going to leave this meeting without extracting all of the information he needs. please.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard glanced away, he saw the bored look Samothes had. He did find him quite cute and charming, but he did not want to go behind Tine's back. And usually, when he's gone with a pair of siblings, neither take it well when they find out. So then their meeting went back to original business.

"Ironsea...I am glad we got that sorted" he said, offering a small smile at least. "West from here."