Bitterroot Valley all you need is love
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
@Lily - Surprise!! Happy Valentines Day!

His last conversation with the girl was so very pleasant, and he felt bad for not making enough time for only the two of them to bond since the last. Everything seemed to fall apart at once, but for this brief lull in chaos, he decided to include her in his little escapade. If anything, a new conversation would be refreshing in a way. He did find her adorably charming after all, so he went out collecting little blooms of precisely picked flowers.  

The sunrise had ended with his third gift, which was to Xahi. Now the sky was clear and for once no longer cloudy and without the shining sun. He danced over to the ashy silhouette with a big, bright grin. "For y-" His words were jumbled and muttered with the flowers blocking any syllable from escaping clearly. By now, after his third time, it'd be expected he would've figured out it was almost impossible to articulate. He chuckled sheepishly, ears hiding behind his head as he did so. Lennon dropped the flowers in front of her, glancing away somewhat embarrassed. He hadn't expected to be so uncomfortable by giving a friendly acquaintance (though a friend in his mind, yet he never told her the spark he foresaw their friendship) such an overly friendly gift. He was a bold wolf, but he'd never committed an act that might end awkwardly. It didn't matter, if he'd learned anything in the past few days it was to not hide anything he might regret later on. 

Finally able to speak coherently, he shifted to make eye contact with the London girl. "For you - Lily." He cocked his head to the side slightly, a crooked smirk accompanying it, curious of her reaction.
living is easy with eyes
closed
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her talk with Lanawyn had helped, if only a little bit, so when Lennon sauntered up to her, flowers in his mouth, the sting from earlier had largely faded. She quirked an eyebrow upwards at his appearance, but otherwise said nothing, giving him a gracious smile as he set down the plants at her feet and spoke a few words.

Was this her consolation prize? Had he seen her upset, and gathered the pretty wild things in order to make her feel less like shit? She didn't know whether to be offended or mollified, and landed somewhere between the two emotions, settling into it with an internal, inaudible sigh.

"Thank you, Lennon," Lily said softly, her voice ringing with the honeyed tones of a girl hiding the pain. She looked down, gazing at the flowers with soft sunset eyes. "They're beautiful. Where did you get them?"
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Something seemed off. She wasn’t as bubbly as usual, and his worry shined through rather evidently. ”I went searching through the meadow close to here - it was sorta hard, with lack of healthy flowers, y’know?” He then realized it seemed he was fetching for some sort of gratitude and thanks for his “hard work” of simply finding pretty flowers in a frozen field. His ears perked at this thought, and his eyes revealed a flash of fear. ”Not that I mind, though. It was fun, really.”

Did she not like them? Was this offering too strong of a move? ”I just wanted to do something for you, sorry if it’s a bit weird.” He gave a sheepish chuckle, clearly embarrassed. His back pricked with heat, it wasn’t often Lennon was caught scared of being let down. Something about the girl made his stomach drop, he hoped this wouldn’t be awkward for much longer. He avoided all possible eye contact - what the hell was she doing to him?
living is easy with eyes
closed
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She said nothing for a short moment. Her idea of fun certainly wasn't going out into the cold to look for a bunch of flowers, but to each their own. Anyway, it seemed as if he was just trying to gloss over his last sentence. That was the thing with Lennon--Lily could never tell if she really knew the man. Perhaps he was unknowable, an enigma.

"It's not weird," Lily responded, a polite smile still etched onto her muzzle. Her eyes drifted to where she had last seen Xahi, and she added, with some pique to her tone, "You mean you wanted to do something for all the girls--and Alarian, too. Not just something for me."

The tiniest huff left her nostrils, and she lowered her gaze, looking at the flowers. "Anyway, I do like the flowers, and I'm glad you gave them to me. I'll have to find something pretty for you, too." Maybe she would make a show of giving it to each and every member of of their group before passing on Lennon's gift.