Ankyra Sound Around Your Throat
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille had recalled it all after being brought back to Grim by @Ingram. All of it. What had happened, how he got wounded on his neck. It was all known now. And it made him angry. With hatred...at himself. He had caused all of this. The conflict between Grimnismal and Drageda, the wounds on Prince. The fall...

But the anger couldn't be just towards himself. That wasn't how Arrille was. If he didn't exact his rage upon something, he became exhausted. And that's what happened. And as he felt a prick in his behind, he barely registered movement nearby before he was out.

Once he awoke once more he felt something itching around his neck. Grumbling, he scratched at it. He scratched at it, trying to get it off. And at a point, he started to panic as it would not come off.
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
since he had found arrille, he had been loathe to let him out of his sight. ingram was still conflicted by what had transpired outside of his home. as far as ingram was concerned, the wolves in the cliff above were absolute assholes  - for attacking his friend and his brother. what little good nature he might have given them (particularly since he had met furi, who did not seem so bad) had rapidly dissolved the second their teeth clashed on lycaon's fur.

the bay of a strange predator overhead (one that reminded him oddly of those black orcas -- only aerial) had driven him to safety - he hunched down in the grotto alongside the witch, who he avoided by searching the caverns for the other ankyrian residents. he noticed arrille was absent - again.

despite the worry for his friend he felt, the fear of the snarling beasts in the sky scared him more -- he did not resurface until their last thunderous peal had been hours past. instantly ingram struck down the beach searching for arrille.

only this time, arrille was not hard to find -- he was in plain sight. what was also in plain sight was a dark thing around his neck -- at first ingram suspected a snake? nah, that couldn't be right. weird wreath of kelp? nah, arrille wasn't the type for assessories. as he drew closer his expression went from a squinty scowl to outright alarm - what the hell was that thing on his neck?

"bro," ingram started, casting the thick band a worried look. "you, uh... you got somethin' there." when really, what he wanted to say was what in the seven fucking seas is that?!
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille perked his head up to see Ingram, and didn't give a greeting. But what was he meant to do, while distracted with whatever this thing on his neck was? "Ingram, what is it? I can't see it!" By now he was amidst almost freaking out. "What is it?! I can't get it off!"

Whatever it was, he hated it. Arrille growled as he scratched at it. Accidentally scratching at the healing wound on the back of his scruff, and he flinched out of pain. He had almost forgotten about that.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Somehow, Ingram and Arrille were magnets for trouble. Not just the fight but generally leaving without telling, though that was more Arrille she supposed, and not spending enough time with Chusbus. When she woke up with her two boys gone she made a little angry noise and pressed her nose to the ground. They would not escape her affection today.

She found the two luckily, and she trotted happily towards her boyfriend and her matchmaker, only taking note of the thing around his neck when she got close enough. Huh? She let out, tilting her head as if that was going to reveal what the thing was. She looked to Ingram, confused, and then back at Arrille. Whatcha got there?
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
he did not like its presence any more than arrille; as arrille swung towards him he recoiled instinctively, feeling a trickle along his back. he did not like it at all.

his gaze slid from arrille's antics to chusi - instantly he tried to hide the prickling fear that rose in his throat. whatever was wrapped around arrille's throat was wrong - it was nothing he had ever seen before: not a vine, not a band of seaweed, not a stick - not even a tentacle. he nosed tentatively at the air, unwilling to get too close to arrille unless it leapt from arrille's throat to his.

"what the -- arrille, stand still." he stepped closer, feeling a little more confident with chusi there. well, maybe not confident -- maybe just compelled not to act like a giant bitch. he tilted his head back and forth, trying to figure out of the thing made any noise. he couldn't hear anything. "does it hurt?!" he looked to arrille worriedly, misinterpeting the wince as originating from the weird thing around his throat.

whatever it was, ingram did not think it was living - it smelled strange, but he could not hear breathing and he could not smell anything living. he thought he heard a faint whirring but what it was he could not tell. "hold still!" he instructed again - he did not want to get near arrille at all, but sucking in a deep breath to steady his nerves he lunged at the thing, trying to chomp it hard enough to make it move, if it was alive.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille couldn't move despite what he was told to do, to stop moving around. "Ingram, what is it?! What's it look like!" He didn't take notice of Chusi, only thinking it was just Ingram there. 

"Hurt?! no, it doesn't hurt! What is it? I'm freaking out here, bro!" He barely ever called Ingram 'bro'. But he was panicking, a lot right now. "What do I do, Ingram?! What do I do?! Dammit, help me with this thing!"

As Ingram told him to hold still, he tried. But with his wound stinging, and now the thing was rubbing on it, itching along his neck. One of his paws went out and he slipped up on it as Ingram made his lunge at the collar.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
With wide eyes did she watch the two boys panick, yet she found herself only interested in whatever Arrille had been put around his neck. It looked foreign and nothing like anything she had ever seen before. A weirdly developed creature from far away? Some kind of plant that could choke you if you moved too much? With wary steps did she come closer, not minding the shouting and chomping.

How'd it get there? She asked rather calmly. If it wasn't hurting Arrille, then what was it doing? Feeding off him in some kind of way? She looked to Ingram, confused, then to the sea. What if the salty Sea could do something about it?

How 'bout we get sum water on it? She asked carefully, not knowing when the two would stop trying brute force to get the thing off.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
as he leaned in to tentatively chomp down on the strange vine, arrille moved -- all he got was wisps of fur beneath his clacking teeth. he pulled back and gave his friend a rather flinty glare, trying to assess how dangerous the thing truly was.

it looked like a root to ingram, or a flap of dry seal-skin. he had no other idea what it could be. it smelled different than anything he had ever encountered, and was oddly knobby at the end. something scintillating like a sea-shell poked out of the end of it.

he turned to chusi as she spoke and nodded dumbly, turning back to arrille with trepidation still on his muzzle. "if it's a snake you could drown it." he offered unhelpfully, not adding that it might choke him in the process.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille kept on trying to see it, Ingram just missing him. He stopped and with a rear leg as Chusi spoke to Ingram he started scratching at it like very crazy. It had bene itching his neck, and it felt just so darn good to scratch at it. A great feeling, his tongue even lolled out as he scratched and scrathed. 

Then he heard 'if it's a snake' and his eyes widened in panic as he froze. "W...Wait...snake...snake?" He dared not move in case it was. Then, his voice got panicky again as he bolted off for the water. "It's gonna bite me! It's gonna bite me!" And he immediately went ot dunk his head under the water.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her face turned from "I want to help you" to "oh my God Ingram how could you say that" in the mere blink of an eye. When Arrille started freaking she rushed to his side worriedly. Unfortunately, he had already begun racing the wind towards the sea and she glared at Ingram with a face that said "Look what you've done" before she followed her friend.

'Pretty sure it ain't a snek Arrille! She called after him. It didn't seem to be alive at all.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
last post for me - PP ingram if you need - i'm clearing out all my chars old threads

oops. in hindsight maybe he shouldn't have mentioned it looked like a snake. even if it did.

ingram would have smugly smirked if he wasn't so fearful for his friend's life -- as arrille practically baptized the collar ingram pulled up alongside chusi, relieved when the boy arose and the collar was still inanimate. "ok, maybe not a snake... we could try chewing it..." by we he really meant chusi, because there was no way he was touching that.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille glanced at Chusi and Ingram for a moment. Had it still refused to come off? This...this thing was an absolute pain right now. He needed to be rid of it, in anyway possible. "Chewing it?" He paused for a moment. And calmed himself. "C...Can you?"
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Even though she knew Ingram's observation hadn't been the case, she was still extremely worried about Arrille's well being. Ingram's suggestion she didn't think would help much, but it seemed the trio were desperate for any kind of idea to get rid of thing. 'Can try... She said hesitantly, making her way warily toward him.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille eyed Ingram and Chusi, and waited as Chusi approached. "J..Just be careful...I don't know what it'll do to me if it gets hurt." What if it acted in self defense? Or tried to latch onto them as well? Or did something when it got chewed on, something that hurt them both? He braced, with that all on his mind.
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
gonna wrap this up since its way outdated and you two ABANDONED UR BRO!! BRO!!!

ingram was worried for his friend, and the two of them struggled for the remainder of the day to extract arrille from the strange contraption around his neck. it was no use -- they struggled, they pried, they chewed -- they even cursed into the strand -- but nothing released the taut strip.

at length they gave up, and ingram suggested his favorite thing to do with his br0 -- hunting for fish -- he would happily spend the rest of the sparse margin of daylight flouncing inexpertly after fish, and would later return to the two of them to share the (limited) success of his endeavors.
i'm gonna hold a pen