Stavanger Bay Sweet Home Alabama!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel had taken quite some time in his ventures. He really had no idea how long he had been out, but it had definitely been a while. As he arrived, he sent up a call for @Smokestep. No doubt the alpha, or rather 'captain' would want the red male's report. As he arrived, he caught a most unexpected scent...was that @Awinita? He was not too sure, but it certainly seemed like her. Had she joined this group too?
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Things had been going well for a while. She'd been invited to join Smokestep's band of pirates and Wirt had too. She'd seen Engel again and had a good chat with him despite finding out that Nikan was in the wilds. Now though...things were going bad again.

She hadn't seen Wirt in Quite a while despite his scent lingering around. The nightmares plagued her every night making sleep restless and unsatisfying. Yet she still pushed herself every day to get up and move around and explore. She was doing so now despite the tired look in her eyes and the way her tail sagged. 

As she walked she picked up a familiar scent, one that woke her up and made her walk with purpose. As she heard his howl for Smokestep She quickened her pace until she spotted him in the distance and gave a happy yip, running toward him. "Engel! Engel, you're back!" she shouted before skidding to a halt in front of him and wagging her tail quickly. "Did Smokestep recruit you too?" she asked curiously, hope written plainly across her face.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel saw as someone was approaching, and right away his tail began wagging. He forgot about the scents on him, and thought to his friend Awinita. "Awinita!" He rushed to meet her and stopped before her then. With a swift nod he answered, "Yes! He recruited me to Ironsea. You too?"

Then he grinned, tipping his head a litte with a teasing look. "I'm starting to feel you just can't leave me alone..." He winked...then he laughed. "I'm kidding. It's good to see you."
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It was so good to see him. Out of any familiar face she was glad it was his. She wagged quickly her red eyes scanning him over to make sure he hadn't been hurt or anything since the last time she saw him, but she quickly grew distracted as he teased her. She blushed and looked away before moving in and headbutting him playfully. That was when she caught the many scents upon his fur and gave him a curious grin "Yeah you're just utterly irresistible, I can't  keep my paws off you. Had some more intimate adventures?" she teased him at first her eyes glittering mischievously before she asked the question, smiling in a way that showed she was joking around. Even if he had she thought nothing of it, after all that's how she had met him in the first place.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel smiled as Awinita headbutted him playfully, and he rumbled with a playful feeling, going for a gentle nip. He was in quite a playful mood. "Yes...yes I did indeed." And his ventures had been filled with such fun, for both him and his companion. He paused for a moment, thinking about her. 

"She's just...she's breathtaking, Tine. A dark furred beauty..." He smiled before nudging Awinita. "But you are still just as beautiful" he said, a statement more out of kindness than a flirt.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Awinita grinned and leaped away from the nip, lifting a paw and swatting at his nose with a high pitched growl of delight. Her eyes had brightened considerably and any trace of exhaustion was wiped away. As Engel went into explanation she smiled warmly and took a breath, sitting down upon the ground. "You sound absolutely smitten. She sounds pretty, I'd really like to meet her!" she said enthusiastically, her words earnestly though teasing at the first bit.

"Aw Engel, I know I'm a looker...but thanks" she forced the retort out, not entirely feeling it. She still felt dirty and wrong after what had been done to her, she couldn't quite see herself in the way she had before. To hide her inner thoughts she gave a lift of her chin and tilted her head curiously "Is she coming here too? I love it here. I helped Smokestep take down a sea lion."
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Awinita swatted at his nose and he pulled back, wriggling his nose. He glared at her, but it was only for a second before he smiled again. Then she said he was smitten. Was he truly smitten? "Maybe...Maybe I am...she's quite a biter too" he said with a wide grin. Engel liked that about her, she had a certain fire to her.

Engel grinned, she was a looker. He shook her had to the question, he doubted she was. "I don't think so, she seems to be sticking further up the coast..." He paused after. "How are...have you been doing all right? Has he been helping you, the wolf with you?"
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Disappointment was what she felt at the news that the woman of Engel's affections wouldn't be joining them. It was a shame, Awinita would've liked to be friends with her. The conversation turned back to her, specifically her well being and she frowned gaze immediately dropping. She pawed at the Sandy dirt and remained silent for a few moments. "Nightmares make my sleeping awful...Wirt...he's around but I haven't seen him in person. I'm...scared. not only do I fear the shadow man coming for me but Nikan too. If he decides he suddenly wants me, he'll search for me. He...he'd do the same thing and much worse than the shadow man did." she spoke in a hushed voice, the sunny and bright spirited demeanor fading rapidly as she stared at the ground.

Shadow man. It was what shed taken to calling the savage who'd come from the misty shadows of the forest and caught her under the tree. The one who was like shadows himself. She didn't know his true name and hoped she never would.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The older man looked over Awinita with a careful gaze filled with worry. She spoke of nightmares, and that her friend had not been around much. He moved carefully, and went to nuzzle up against her. "I promised I would protect you...and I will. If he comes, he won't get by me." He pulled back, smiling. "Besides, how could he kill a guy with such personality?" he added with a wily grin, and even a bit of a smile. Even though he felt nervous, he could not show it for her sake.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She was grateful for him, more than ever in that moment. She hadn't met many folks while in teekon, but those she had seemed to be kind and selfless. Wirt and Engel most of all, though Wirt...well he'd seemed to have disappeared. When he moved to comfort her she leaned into his touch, eyes moistening. "Thank you....for being my friend...for everything. I know how one night stands usually go...do it and move on, but you remember all of them don't you?" she asked stepping back with a curious gaze.

At his attempt to lighten the burden of what he'd offered with humor she gave a soft smile, though her darkened eyes spoke the truth. Nikan would kill anything he could without a second thought. "It's hard to imagine anyone laying an ill paw against you." She responded with a single wag of her tail. She gave a glance around for Smokestep but it seemed he wouldn't be coming.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel draped his chin over her shoulder, a sign that he was there for her. She spoke, and he went for an honest answer to respond after she pulled off, "No...I remember none of them before coming to these lands. The pack I came to...it changed me" he said. He no doubt had children out there, many of them.

He laughed lightly. "I'm just too attractive. Or maybe it's the personality" he explained, or rather joked.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She closed her eyes as he lay his chin on her shoulder, tail held low and swaying behind her as she allowed muscles she hadn't known to be tense to relax. "I...have only been intimate with you and one other. I dont consider what that man did to count. So...it is easy for me to remember"She murmured, eara flicking as she tried to decide whether she was proud or embarrassed of her lack of sexual experience.

His joke caused her to giggle and she headbutted against his neck "I'd say both but you'd accuse me of flirting" She teased again, nipping at him playfully before hopping backwards tail wiggling as she bowed down, physically signalling an invite to play.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard pulled his head back as she said that, giving a comforting lick to her ear. "It's all right, Awinita...if it means anything, you were great for your first time" he said, hoping to boost her feelings to a more happier level. 

She headbutted against his neck then. He laughed, and then she nipped. It brought the same playful feelings he had with Tine, and a very large grin spread across his muzzle. He yipped and bounded after her, joining the play she invited him to.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
His response did give her a boost of confidence and she smiled shyly at him as he returned her playful behavior. As he chased after her she sprung away nimbly through the sandy ground tail wagging in quick circular motions before she paused and waited for him to grow closer, a low playful growl leaving her throat before she flipped onto her back and pawed at his chest.

She laughed freely as she battered both sides of his face gently with her paws and snapped back and forth at the air in front of both of his legs, small yips leaving her maw.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel gave chase after her, bounding across the sand. She paused in her running, then rolled onto her back. Awinita pawed at his face, and he nipped playfully at her paws. He kept going till he decided to pretend to trip while moving away, and rolled on his back next to her laughing.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She raised her paws over her head as he nipped at them, laughing joyously. She couldn't remember the last time she played so freely and it felt great to let loose from the anxiety and fear as of late. As he flopped next to her she lifted her head in concern, one ear flopped over in a comical expression of surprise.

Then as he laughed she grinned and rolled to her paws, springing on top of him and covering his face in excited licks and nips, careful not to hurt his skin with her teeth. She wagged and stood over him, rose red eyes staring down at him with happy excitement. "Tuckered out already Engel?" she teased breathlessly.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel made an 'oof' sound as she sprung upon him, smothering him with licks and nips. He was glad to see Awinita so happy, considering her past or at least what he knew of it. The red male smiled up at her, giving a kiss to her nose.

"You won't believe how tiring it was for me on my trip" he said with a rather dry laugh. He sighed happily. "You're so beautiful, Awinita..." Then his expression turned soft and sad. "I'm sorry about what's happened to you...all of it."
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She continued to stand over him and wag her tail, ears perking up and a blink of surprise as he kissed her nose. She blushed and smiled shyly again, climbing off of him and laying beside him resting her head across his belly. 

As he spoke she nodded sympathetically and gave a soft sigh. Then he complimented her and apologized and she lifted her head, studying him for a moment before a faint smile slowly appeared on her face. "Thank you Engel but...isn't being beautiful what made this happen?" she murmured and then stared away from him, ears flattening back. "Don't apologise Engel...I'm just happy that I have you here in this pack. Smokestep seems nice and all but...it's really good to have a friend." she focused back in on him and her eyes softened. She placed a hesitant lick to his cheek and smiled a bit more steadily "You being here honestly makes me feel better...not because I want or expect your protection but just because your friendship is comforting. You're an amazing man Engel."
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard smiled as he caught the shy smile, and then she settled down. Right on his belly. It was an odd position, one some did not usually do. 

He gave a soft whine at her sad words she murmured. He was most worried about her. The long term effects it had caused to her, it was apparent. When she licked his cheek, he gave another comforting lick across hers. "I will be your friend. And I'll be here...you don't have to worry bout that, just...worry bout yourself." He smiled at the compliment. Usually he would question how so, but this time he did not.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her smile strenghtened and her eyes began to glow again. She readjusted her position,laying next to him with her chin across his chest eyes looking up at him as he spoke. His words made her gaze soften but when she spoke there was a strength to her voice "I will be fine eventually. There's something about this place, these wolves. The sea is calming and these wolves are unique. I can see myself becoming strong here, blossoming into a woman capable of protecting herself."

At that a feeling of peace settled over her. She knew she would be alright, she was far from where the shadow man had raped her and there had been no sign of Nikan anywhere around here. She had Engel here and crewmates that she hoped would protect her if need be.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The red male's own gaze softened as she said this. In his eyes she was plenty capable, of many things. And she had made it this far by now. She was a good wolf, a wonderful lady. "I'm sure you will do great at that" he said, to the part of protecting herself. Yes, he was absolutely sure. 

"They are all nice wolves here...met Dakini and Rosalyn before coming here...I think Rosalyn secretly likes my singing" he said with a wily grin.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Awinita laughed softly and rolled over onto her side, playfully slapping his shoulder with her paw. "I wouldnt be surprised. I enjoyed your singing. We should make up some pirate songs together and sing them" She suggested. She hadnt met Rosalyn or Dakini yet but made a note to do so as soon as she could. Making friends would be a good thing since smokestep had said they were supposed to be willing to die for one another.

"Hey....maybe you could introduce me around? I haven't met anyone besides you and smokestep" She asked hopefully. She was back to looking shy and unsure of herself again.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel glared teasingly at her as she playfully slapped his shoulder with a paw. Then he smiled, a wide smile. "Teach you songs? Now that sounds like great fun, yes." He had his tail wagging behind him out of joy. Just thinking of the idea of that made him so happy to think about. Yes, that would certainly be much fun.

He nodded, rolling himself onto his own side as he did. "I would be glad to introduce you. You're very kind, they would be so happy to meet you."
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She stood up then as he offered to introduce her to others and laughed softly at his declaration of her kindness. "If the whole crew is like you and Smokestep I can see them liking me yes." there was a hidden jab in there but she was unsure if he would get it. Her mind went to the Captain who she had sworn had flirted with her upon their meeting by the shore.

"Do you know any more songs by heart? You sang the fireworks song and the one about walking five hundred miles already. I know a couple more as well, a few lovey dovey songs and a couple of cheerful ones." She asked,moving back to the subject of music. It was something they both seemed to love discussing and she had no problem with that at all.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel smiled, he guessed that Dakini was sort of like him...in the way that she was likeable. And the same goes for Rosalyn. He had yet to meet others however. "Dakini and Rosalyn are just about as kind as I." His tail wagged behind him, and he was most happy to introduce her to the others. The hidden jab was absolutely missed however.

He laughed at that, a full hearty chuckle. Know other songs? It was almost all he knew, besides poems and pick up lines. "I know many songs, dear." He tipped his head a little. She knew some as well? "May I ask....what songs?"