Moonspear i know i don't feel too sober now
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Private 
after this thread. @Rannoch for visibility.

terance was visibly frazzled. if he paused for too long he actually quivered with anxiety. there was so much to think about... and even though rannoch swore he had time to think, terance didn't want to take his time. he just needed to talk to someone... someones. he needed this sorted out right now. 

@Wraen was the first wolf he needed to talk to-- despite how important hydra was to him, wraen was his sister and came above anything in his life. he needed to see her and talk to her and... he needed to see her first. 

he tilted back his head and howled for his tawny sister, picking up on her scent trail and going after it. she was near, but he hadn't run into her just yet.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Terance didn't realize, how near he was to Wraen's location. Her den was easy to miss, unless you looked specifically for it, therefore, when the distraught brother called out to his sister, she was sleeping cozily few feet away and a little underground. She was pulled out from the most pleasant dream and was quite tired as well, since her last hunting expedition had taken her way further from Moonspear than she had imagined.

Therefore it was no wonder that she woke up and crawled out from her den, stretching, yawning and feeling a little grumpy. "What's all the fuss about?" she asked Terance, having not caught the worried look in his face yet, being busy to blink sleep away from her own eyes.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
wraen appeared out of what seemed like thin air, and the male felt his heart stop. he turned quickly to see her pretty face, watching her as she blinked heavily-- releasing a big ole yawn. his ears splayed, and he waited for her to adjust herself for a few brief moments before diving straight in. "rannoch and liffey are leaving," he said, taking a thick swallow-- it stuck in the back of his throat. 

he didn't know what else to say... at least for a moment. should he just tell her? should he wait to gauge her reaction? oh, he didn't know-- how bad terance was with words. finally, after his previous statement had hung in the air around them for quite some time, he let out a heavy breath. 

"i want to go with them."
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Oh," Wraen's eyes widened and her mouth was a little agape, while she let the news seep in. That was very unexpected, especially since just two or three days ago she had spent a pleasant morning in Rannoch's company and there had not been a single notion that he even intended to go anywhere. Happy, content, ambitious - just like Terance and now this. 

"Aha," now Terance surprised her and she had to sit down and look for the right words. Because again - wasn't it he, who few weeks earlier had claimed that Moonspear was his home, that he had found a new family and purpose in life? That he was doing well etc., etc., etc.?

"Okay... and?" she was still confused and searched Terance's face for a bit more clarification on the subject.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance sensed the confusion-- or maybe it was just that she was still tired. either way, he refused to leave her hanging, and picked up quickly. "i just can't imagine my life without rannoch... he means so much to me," he began, his ears cupping forward to gauge a response. but he wasn't done. "but that's the thing, wraen, i can't see myself anywhere without you. you're my sister and i love you... and i can't leave moonspear without you." 

he stared at her, green eyes searching, his pricked ears slowly falling again. he took a small breath. "i want you to come with me," he said, now holding his breath as he waited for her answer.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"On the spot?" Wraen asked, almost pleadingly, casting a mournful glance towards her cozy den and in her current state being nowhere ready to get up and go on a long journey. She was tired and well countless other reasons and...

Wait!

She shook her head once, twice and then lifted a forepaw to rub it against her temples. "Sorry, Ter... I am not thinking straight," she shot him a goofy grin. "Unless it is right now or today - I am coming with you, of course. Anyone else besides us going? Does Charon and Hydra know?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
his heart had stopped-- the thought of wraen not coming with him was even more painful than his whole lyra realization and than the thought of being apart from one of his closest friends. she seemed conflicted, and the more she talked to more he worried-- but she said it. she finally said what he wanted to hear. wraen would be coming with. a smile broke across his face, his tail waving, and he wiggled forward to smother her with a few loving kisses on her face. "oh thank zues, wraen, seriously, that makes me so happy-- i just-- oh you don't even know..." he paused nad shot her an apologetic look, "i'm sorry i totally put you on the spot... i'm just, stressed out, i guess, this is a big deal." 

he gave a soft shrug at her next questions. "right now just me and rannoch and liffey... rannoch is going to tell charon and... hydra i guess, i really need to talk to her, but he asked me to wait until he talked to charon," terance explained with as few words as he could manage (but still too anxious to stop himself from rambling), "and they're leaving tonight but we can leave in the morning and just catch up if you can't travel yet." wraen's wellbeing was before everything in this moment.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"You don't say, genius," Wraen chuckled, trying to avoid his fervent and enthusiastic kisses. She was a little surprised that her brother had had any doubts about her, because with all the great people she had met here, Terance was still her anchor. And, wherever he was, wherever he would go, she would follow. 

"Why's the rush? Why do they want to leave in such a haste?" she asked, not wanting to believe that this was just an impulsive idea.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance pulled back, relief and joy spread on his features. even though he still felt sort of broken on the inside-- all these moral dilemmas and heart aches-- this was something terance could be happy about. there was no down side to this situation. he could keep wraen, they would stay together. her question put a falter in his smile, and he hesitated with a small shrug to put together the proper words. 

"liffey just... doesn't feel at home, kinda like how you were saying the other day. and there's a lull in the storm now, so they're trying to take advantage of that," he explained with, once again, pricked ears.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Well, I am not very proud about all the stuff I said that day," Wraen replied and smiled apologetically at Terance. When she had had more time to think things over, she felt that she had not been fair to either Hydra or Charon either. They were good people in their own way and, though she had difficult time to agree with their decisions and outlook of life, they had never been mean to her. 

"Though I have to say... I have become fond of this place too," she said, casting a glance around. "What about other friends you made here - will you try to talk them into coming with us or leave them be?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance returned wrean's smile, reaching forward to nose her shoulder. he understand, he didn't hold it against her-- he wouldn't dare. truthfully, he was a little surprised at her next comment-- then again, that was just going on the last conversation they'd had regarding her happiness here, which she seemed to take back now. his ears pricked. 

"nothing would make me happier than to ask hydra to come with, but i know she'd never come. and i can't take more wolves away from moonspear-- that's just disrespectful to charon, who's done so much for us." though, to be fair, charon would probably hate them anyway. terance tried hard not to think about that.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Has he really? Wraen lifted her eyebrows at Terance's mention about all things Charon had done for him. Them. Because with letting them join the group aside, everything else had been a hard and honest work for the interests of the pack. She, for example, had not once fed herself from the caches or had depended on someone's good will. Therefore she had no such qualms about leaving Charon and the rest of the Ostregas than her brother had.

Except she agreed that it would not be nice to recruit others for the new adventure, though if given a choice she would have gladly packed Gannet and Bernard. They were very nice guys. "Not unless they choose to come with you on their own account," Wraen pointed out. "Okay. If Liffey and Rannoch go, then despite, what I said earlier, we should stick together. Will be safer that way," she went on to the easier part, which was called "planning". "What about informing the leadership? Should we do that seperately or together?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
to be fair, terance had done nothing but work to protect this pack, and all the injuries he'd acquired that required valuable resources had not been used on some stranger-- they'd been used on a solider, one who certainly earned them. a bear, a cougar... countless other things trying to harm their borders. despite his occasional slump, terance had earned his spot in moonspear fair and square-- charon had not babied him. but this feeling of guilt came from a lot of things, he'd forever feel like he owed charon-- for some reason-- the man had always been kind to him and he was one of osprey's closest friends. that was enough to warrant guilt for not staying.

"i gotta talk to hydra," he said, relief washing over him that wraen would leave with them tonight (especially since the following threads get crazy and terance would panic if she didn't leave right away!!), "i think liffey and rannoch are talking to hydra and charon too-- and gannet. you can talk to whoever you need to... if you wanna bring anyone along or... whatever you gotta do wraen." 

after a few brief moments of pause, terance took in a breath. "i gotta talk to hydra," he repeated, ears splaying, "i gotta go find her-- whenever you're done... if this all goes poorly... just meet me at firefly glen, i'll wait for you there-- or vis versa, whoever leaves first." he let out a heavy breath this time, feeling a little nauseous.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"So all important parties are covered..." Wraen sighed and cast another look around. The thrill of the adventure would set in later on, because now she was still shaken about the news and the quick decision she had had to make. For a moment, she wondered, if she should go and seek out Bernard, but then - the same way Terance had pointed out earlier - it did not feel right to remove any more members from the Moonspear group as there already had been. 

"I will meet you at the glen then," she told him, came near to nuzzle the soft fur on her brother's neck reassuringly, then retreated. "Say goodbye to Hydra from me," somehow she did not have the guts to face the Ostrega herself. Something told her that no matter, what she told her, she would not understand. Not now - anyway.

I can start a follow-up thread with us four in the Firefly glen maybe? Unless there are different plans.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
i'd like to start it! if that's okay :o

he nodded to wraen, feeling a little bad that she wouldn't get to say goodbye to anyone-- and feeling even worse he dragged her with him. he returned her affectionate gesture and pulled back. "i love you, wraen, i'll see you before sundown," he told her-- a promise. and with a weak smile, terance excused himself, setting off after rannoch's scent to lay low in the shadows until it was his turn to confront hydra.