Blacktail Deer Plateau blastocyte cells
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
prefer a family member but AW! Will probably be a short post thread just to keep it moving for everyone else's sake <3

Catori had her suspicions and she'd nervously shared them with @Grayday, giddy whispers in the late evening as they spent them curled up with one another sharing the day's events. It was grounding to have that time together, though in her days alone Catori spent most of her time either hunting or roaming from cache to cache. She was so hungry constantly, annoyingly, and while Grayday had hoped to find her fat and happy through all of winter this wasn't quite what she'd had in mind. She licked her lips, making another brief round along the borders before she'd headed back inland towards the heart of the plateau. She felt things changing and knew she wasn't the only one in the packlands that might have felt the stirring too. Things would be different. The world would shift, spring would come - and with it, new life and new opportunities. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He grew better and better still, having enough energy today to go out to hunt. He hadnt been able to find anything majorly good but there was a rabbit that had seemed to freeze in it's sleep that he'd dug out of a burrow. He carried it back in his jaws toward the center of camp, nose filled with the rabbits scent so that he hadn't noticed Catori until he was walking toward her to cross paths. As soon as he saw her he gave a muffled chuff through his prey and moved quicker toward her, ears perking and tail wagging slowly. He couldn't remember the last time they'd actually spoken to one another, mostly because he had tried to avoid her a lot. He had a bunch of mommy issues and was especially wary of anyone his father mated with because in his experience they all left, but he had to admit Cat seemed to be sticking around for good and it would be nice to get to know her.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori wasn't alone that long before she heard someone else approaching. Sunny's chuff gave her pause but she quickly responded with one of her own, offering him a little smile as she adjusted her course and headed towards him. "Hey, Sunny." She hadn't spent much time with him - him least of all of Grayday's children. Maybe that could be fixed, maybe they'd be able to find their own rhythm among the family. "It's good you're up and about - feeling better?" She asked hopefully - she'd stayed away while he was sick, even if Gray hadn't, but now that he was active again maybe then it meant that he was well on the mend. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
As she came toward him he slowed and dropped the rabbit between his paws. She greeted him kindly and that did a bit to warm him toward her. He gave a small wag and nodded at her question. "Much. It's odd....I accepted that I was dying and then suddenly I just got better. Its taken days for me to feel up to hunting. Are you hungry?" he asked kindly, nudging the rabbit toward her. It was fresh, once he'd gotten it out of the burrow it smelled like it died within the past two days.

226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori had only vaguely heard about how bad Sunny had been. At least about how he felt about his own morality. She winced as he admitted he'd all but accepted death but he was there - he'd survived, and he would be stronger for it. She leaned closer to gently press her head against his shoulder, giving a slight nudge before straightening back up. "I'm glad things have turned the corner for you...I'd hate to think of the alternative." No matter if she knew him well or not she wouldn't doubt the depth of misery they all would have been in if he'd perished. "A little, yeah," She admitted sheepishly, giving him a smile and a wag of her tail as he offered her the kill. "Next time I'll replay the favor." She promised warmly before she dug into the hare. She'd never felt so voracious before - especially for the tender organs. It seemed like she couldn't get enough of them since the hunter's moon. 

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
When she nudged him something twinged inside of him and he looked away over her back, trying to pretend he was looking for a noise or something when in fact he was struggling to push away the rise of emotions. This was why he'd avoided her, he was scared to find out if she cared about him, if she considered him family, because if she did he'd begin to worry that she'd leave them too. He finally looked back at her and smiled, the expression troubled but earnest all the same "The way dad explained it....death isn't so scary after all. Yet...I do have things I wish to do still" he said before nudging the rabbit toward her.

As she dug in he noticed how eagerly she ate and gave a look of concern. "Don't worry about it Cat...you seem awfully hungry. Are you alright? Getting enough food?" he asked hesitantly, not wanting to pry into things but also....she ate like she was starving.

226 Posts
Ooc —

Maybe it was too soon. Which was fine, she got that, no need to worry that he'd offended her because really there wasn't much that bothered her at all. She just didn't want to offend him. Her look was a bit apologetic; just in the even she'd stepped over some boundary that he wasn't ready for. No harm no foul, right? "I don't fear death so much." Catori admitted. She never had, but, it didn't mean that she was exactly eager to have her life over. "I fear the loss, though. I fear missing my family, and all those things I want to do with you guys, and having you meet my family too -" She was rambling a bit though and that wasn't what she'd meant to do either. "It's not the dying, it's the being dead, I think." She summed up quickly. At his words she stopped eating, cleaning the blood off her creamy muzzle as quickly as she could. "I....um." She was a bit nervous, but offered him a little smile and nodded her head. 'I can't stop eating lately. I'm just never full." She admitted. She just had that feeling there was more to her appetite, but, it didn't mean it was any easier to say out loud. "I think...I think I might be pregnant. I've only talked to Gray about it," She said suddenly, a nervous warmth to her voice. Hopefully he wouldn't be upset at all. That was the last thing that she wanted, to have anyone upset about the news. 

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The way she thought about death hadn't been something he had ever thought about much but he mused over it for a moment. It was true he'd probably miss everyone who was still alive, it would probably torment him. Yet....if he was reborn as Dad said Aditya believed, then would he even remember everyone from this life? The subject made his head hurt and he quickly focused back in to hear Cat say she thought she was pregnant.

His breath caught in his throat and he warred against the sudden fear mixed with joy. He'd have more siblings, more little pups to help keep safe and play around with. Yet...Khoe had stayed up until she gave birth and then just suddenly abandoned his father and their children. "Cat thats...that's great! Really...I'm happy." his voice trembled toward the end and he ducked his head before suddenly blurting out "Just please....please don't leave dad. I...I get that fights happen between mates and stuff but...please...every girl always leaves him for some reason and I don't want him hurt again" he froze in horror as he realized what he'd said and he took a step back, ears flattening as if he expected physical retaliation. "I didn't mean any offense...I really think you may be the one to make dad Happy it's just...me and Dawn's momma and then Khoe all left us...it's almost a permanent fear of mine" he tried to explain, stammering slightly and feeling embarrassed.

226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori watched his face with eyes nearly as hungry as she felt. She needed to know what he felt - she needed his genuine, honest opinion regardless if it was a good one or a bad one. She had to know the truth of how everyone felt about her, about the babies. His blurted words brought a soft whine from her lips, frowning at the way his worries weren't for the selfish reasons - more puppies meant more of Grayday's attention would be elsewhere, more resources taken, more work to be done - but instead, a worry for the family and how it might be broken apart. "Hey....hey now," Catori left the rest of the meal on the ground and stepped closer to nuzzle against Sunny's skull for a moment. "I'm not going anywhere." She said seriously. 

"We've talked about what happened - Grayday thinks its a curse, after what happened with your mom, and Khoe, and then Heartha....but..." She sighed gently, still leaning against him both for her own comfort and for his. "I won't be going anywhere. Not me, or my babies, no matter what, you're my family and I would never walk out on family." For Catori, above all else, family meant everything to her. It was the most important thing. 

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The whine made him cringe further away, afraid now that he'd hurt her feelings. He didn't know her all that well but the way she made his father happy meant that Sunny harbored no ill feelings toward her...just these residual fears. When she stepped closer and nuzzled him he lifted his gaze, confused yet focused on listening to what she had to say.

He held still as she leaned against him and closed his eyes, squeezing them shut. He believed her instantly, that she wouldn't leave them like every other woman had. He realized he trusted her and just prayed that it was true. She wouldn't leave them...she didn't seem the type to abandon out of anger, yet sunny was aware of the many things that could happen to separate someone from their pack. He lifted his head and touched his nose to her shoulder gently before nuzzling her "I believe you...thank you. Dad is happy, really. I'm....I'm sure you'll make an absolutely amazing mom. If you ever need anything, extra food, or just...anything don't be afraid to ask." He said softly, a part of him he hadn't even known was wounded suddenly felt light. Like a weight was lifted off of his shoulders. Cat was now family to him and he'd protect and love her just as he did everyone else.

226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori felt her heart hammering in her chest, nerves elevated not only because of her potential children, but, for the children they already had. Sunny was hers, just like Dawn was, and Easy and Dauntless and Lavender. They were hers because she cared for them all and they came from Grayday and they deserved it. They deserved the love and affection that had been denied to them by their own mothers. It was unfair but all that Catori could think was how could someone leave them behind? It was impossible. "You're sweet to offer, I hope I won't run you too ragged." Catori said with a little laugh. 

She felt better since talking to Sunny and some of her own fears about telling Grayday's older children about the babies was lifted. "Do you think everyone else will be excited?" She asked cautiously - truth be told she was more worried about Sunny would take it than anyone else. He'd been more reserved, more aloof when it came to her, and she was relieved beyond measure when he didn't reject her or the children. She didn't leave her spot tucked against him, glad for the moment of bonding with him. "You're going to be a wonderful brother, Sunny." She said with a smile - and this time he'd get to actually be there with his little siblings. 

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He gave a lopsided grin and a small thump of his tail against the ground "I am honestly on my paws pretty much all day, patrolling or hunting or taking walks. If you need food, it won't be a bother for me to go catch it."He reassured her with a quick nuzzle to the top of her head. The hesitation to talk to her was fading and being replaced by an almost shy sort of desire to be near her. If she was to be his mother he would do as he would have if Amber stayed and provided more children. He would help her in any way he could, Be there for the babies, and love her just as much as he loved his father and Dawn.

The question that came next was unexpected and he blinked, thinking about it for a moment. "From what I have seen...the family likes you. Dawn,Lavender,Easy,Dauntless. The pack seems to respect that you are dad's mate too and I dont think anyone would feel negatively about dad having a third litter...especially since you are hanging around this time."He thought about it as he went. He didnt recall ever seeing anyone act negatively toward Cat or hearing anyone speak badly about her either. 

As she remained tucked against him, he held still enjoying the embrace. The last time he had been held like this was only when he was sick. He didn't usually do the whole hugging thing with Dad but perhaps it was different with mothers? Her comment warmed his heart and he almost got choked up "Thanks Cat, I sure hope so. I..wasnt here when Lavender,Easy and Dauntless were born. Only met them once when they were small. I really want to be around for these kids"he murmured in a choked off voice as he struggled to hold dowm his emotions.

226 Posts
Ooc —

Some of her fears were being abated by Sunny's words and assurances. If his feelings were any indication how the rest of the family might respond she didn't have anything to worry about. Most of her concerns were with Sunny and Dawn just because they had seen Grayday endure the ordeal before and be near destroyed by the betrayal from the person he loved. Catori knew she was different but it wasn't something she could just say. She had to prove it. 

"It's a silly worry but...well. You guys are so close. No one's pushed me out or made me feel bad but....it's just a worry." She shrugged because she didn't really have words for the irrational fear. She sighed softly and nodded as if to confirm and note Sunny's opinion on the matter - to take it as the truth that it was and hold onto it. He was right. Everyone had accepted her like she was one of them and this wouldn't change anything. 

Catori was surprised by Sunny's emotional response but she leaned against him, Cheek fondly pressed to his shoulder. "You'll get to be around as much as you want - I'll probably keep everyone out until their eyes are open and they can get around a bit better, but you can still stop by to see them." Catori expected that they would all want to see the babies but she had to be sure that they were kept safe and sound until they were more durable. 

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Almost like he had heard her inner monologue he smiled at her quite warmly "You are a Morningsider in soul and heart. Yeah you're different but honestly...the family needs a bit of different. You're a good different...a change. A good change and I know you'll do dad and this whole family some good."he spoke earnestly, admitting to himself as he spoke that he believed the words and liked her. He trusted her.

When she spoke about the babies he grinned, tail beating the ground behind him. He was overjoyed, excited beyond belief that he would be around this time as a big brother the pups would know their whole lives. "Thank you...so much. I'll help you too. I'll bring food and water when you're stuck inside the den with the pups. You're family now...So I want to treat you like I treat dad and Dawn, Dauntless and the girls."He said and lifted his large head to wrap around the back of her neck,embracing her into a hug.

226 Posts
Ooc —
It was more than the Spiritwalker could have ever hoped for from her family. The Cortens she knew behaved this way; whelps were a blessing, an overly joyous event and even when it came to the unexpected like with her cousins' birth they were still raised in the familial custom. She knew that the wolves of Morningside also worshipped their children and took pride in their accomplishments and their growth. It was all she wanted for her own litter. Assuaged by Sunny's words and by his warmth Catori relaxed as they continued talking, eventually parting for the day one to make his own rounds and one to find her wayward husband and see what he was up too.