Ankyra Sound the wind in the wires made a tattle-tale sound and a wave broke over the railing
22 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Backdated a couple days if that's ok!

She returned in two days time as instructed, proudly bearing the mushrooms she had been tasked to collect. Mushrooms were delicate; despite her best efforts to hold them gingerly between her teeth, a couple of the stalks had bruised over the course of her trek. With the sentinel trees now looming before her, Reef took a moment to pluck these damaged pieces from the base that held them, and buried them in the cold sand. She inspected her work, and satisfied that her offering was as pristine as it could be, she drew forward and placed them neatly on the ground as she had done with the mackerel and glass prior.

Reef inhaled deeply and composed herself. Then she tipped her slim head back and called to politely ask if @Wylla could see her.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Nyx wasn't ashamed to admit that she'd forgotten about the potential new recruit who Ingram had sent away a few days prior, until she followed the sound of her voice to the territory outskirts. It was the pale golden pelt that sparked the memory of her heading away from Grimnismal land, and it was undeniable curiosity that spurred her decision to remain. Ingram had fancied this one, she recalled, and so she was keen to make her own opinion.

The agouti Ostrega pricked her raven-tipped ears, fixing the stranger with a cool stare as she thrust her tail over her rump in a dominant display. Submit, Nyx' body language ordered, as she continued moving past the waiting wolfess to swing around her in a tight circle. This allowed her to judge from all angles, though her fierce yellow eyes came to settle on the neat clump of mushroom displayed at her paws. "What's this?" Nyx asked, twitching her nose. Had Ingram seriously requested that she find him fungus? What a ridiculous request, she mused.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi had been walking the borders like usual when the call arose for their Alpha. She blinked her ocher eyes not once but twice, then shrugged. Surely she would cause no trouble just being there if someone were to be recruited. It had been her thing to meet the new faces as soon as possible back in Teaghlaigh and it was still her thing.

With a bounce in her step, the Lambda made her way confidently to the gathering. She spotted Nyx even earlier than the newcomer, waved her tail in hello and grinned. Her focus shifted to the pale female then, then to her fungi-looking offering, then back to the female. She brought this instead of some meat? Unlike Nyx, she knew nothing about Ingram having recruited her and given her a task, but her gaze was as confused as her head now was.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Wylla wasn't really in the mood for being called to the borders, but then, she wasn't really in the mood for anything lately. Even when she was upbeat, she was grouchy as hell. Caiaphas' threat remained in the back of her mind, as did the weight of having to decide what to do about their unruly, miscreant neighbours. She hadn't sought Arrille out yet to ask him why the fuck he'd gone and picked a fight and then left her brothers to get hurt on his behalf; it wasn't that she was cooling down before talking to him, but rather, heating up. She wanted to make him rue the day he crossed her and her siblings, and the only way for a tiny she-wolf like her to do that was to let it build up until she was ready to explode.

So when she arrived on the borders, she was already grumpy, and the first thing she saw was two wolves who weren't her there, when the call had been for her, and she grimaced. Nosy bitches. The second thing she saw was Nyx showing dominance, which ordinarily wouldn't bother her at all and actually made a lot of sense, but the display set a jealous and defensive flame in her stomach for some reason. The third thing she saw, or rather smelled, were the mushrooms, and she shoved forward aggressively, aiming a not-so-subtle snarl at Nyx to back the hell down.

"What's that?" she asked the newcomer, eyes lighting on the cluster of shrooms with a magpie's delighted gleam in them, and her lips unfurled into a greedy little grin. For now, she was so focused on the gift of her favourite thing that she didn't notice how fair and becoming the newcomer was, setting all three of Grimnismal's females to shame—although Nyx wasn't too far off in terms of attractiveness, which probably had something to do with Wylla's irritated response to her—and so her typical jealousy was held at bay.
22 Posts
Ooc —
This must be Wylla... She thought as a light tawny female came bearing toward her dominantly. Reef did not require her prowling display to be coaxed to submit, the small creamy girl was already bending her supple spine to first press her chest into the sand and then shift to become fully recumbent. "Hi!" She chirped. She was about to roll as she had done for Ingram, and explain her gift of mushrooms, when the pair were joined by another wolf.

Or maybe that's Wylla... She considered. This dark she-wolf did not behave so outwardly dominant, but some leaders were more reserved and allowed their beta's or a trusted subordinate to take point. But then in the next moment there was a third. So nice of them to throw me a welcoming party! She inwardly grinned.

This new wolf was a silvery girl with a distinct mask across her face and she brooked absolutely no argument when she arrived, reprimanding the first wolf and echoing the same question. Oh, thought Reef. Nevermind. This is Wylla. The boss-hog attitude and the covetous grin told her so.

Reef did not hesitate to complete her submission and shift onto her back. "Hi!" She said again, smiling up at the mushroom fancier but keeping her eyes averted to the treeline. "I'm Reef. I came by a couple days ago and met Ingram. I told him I wanted to join, and he asked that I find these mushrooms and bring them back for you."
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The blonde wolfess sank down onto the ground, her pale chest pressed to the sand as Nyx hovered ominously over her. She submitted with ease, enough so that the golden Ostrega felt that she could relax somewhat. Bristled black guard hairs began to ease along the length of her dorsal, though her ears remained erect atop her peppered crown as she bore luminous eyes down at the pale stranger.

Chusi's arrival was a welcome one, and she let her muscles slacken somewhat. Regarding her charcoal comrade with a mere flick of her ear in acknowledgement, Nyx growled curiously as she lowered her head to get a better sniff at the aspiring Grimnismal wolfess.

Although Wylla's approach was not soundless, the golden Ostrega was not expecting the tiny Alphess to ram against her and rudely shove through with a vicious snarl directed right at her. Surprised by the bash against her rear, Nyx yipped and automatically swung around to defend herself with a silent flash of teeth, though her fangs were promptly sheathed as she came face-to-face with her leader. Bowing her ears and lowering her tail in submission at once, the agouti she-wolf quickly ducked off to the side with nothing more than an apologetic whine of defeat to accompany her wounded pride.

It was at this point that Reef rolled belly-up and presented her gift, so Nyx settled in the background alongside Chusi with a bump of her shoulder to a dark flank for her own reassurance.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The newcomer was pretty. Undoubtedly so. Chusi rather liked pretty things, but to her pretty things could be anything. If Ingram's messy mane, jiggly bits and voluptuous hips attracted her, so could a nice stone or a particularly fine tree. She grinned at the stranger when she greeted them with the same enthusiasm she herself used most of the time, greeting her with an energetic nod. Her grin disappeared as soon as Wylla did the opposite, frowning as Nyx was put in her place by the tiny alphess. Unlike Nyx though, Chusi didn't back up. This had been her job for so long and to have come for nothing was a rather unsatisfying thought.

Something shot through her that she hadn't felt either ever or for a long time. Jealousy. Ingram had asked her? Why? She was pretty, but was she prettier than herself? Perhaps he had a thing for blondes instead? The bump of Nyx, though it would've cheered her up if that exact detail of Reef hadn't gotten through to her the way it had, did nothing as she stood there as still as a sturdy branch. She stared at the newcomer, silently wishing Wylla was in too bad of a mood to accept the other female.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Later, someday when she wasn't so inflamed, Wylla would probably feel bad for her brash attitude toward Nyx. Probably. For the present moment, her eyes were locked on the mushrooms, her tail swinging covetously, and she had forgotten about her collection of present pack mates. She had also forgotten how to be grateful for their back-up, it seemed. Mushrooms were way more important—in the moment, anyway.

"Smart boy," she observed, though it was no question of whether she thought her brothers were smart or not. She knew they were, and was unabashedly biased about it, too. Any unrelated male wolf in the pack would get a harder time from the bossy little Alpha, who had long since let her ego make a hot balloon out of her head, but never Ingram and Lycaon. Ingram knew just what she liked, and since Reef not only knew her brother but had also brought her a gift, it was a no-brainer.

She was a shitty leader and it showed.

"Sold," she said, mustering a grin of her own as she backed off the newcomer. "This is Grimnismal. Welcome home." She should have done something leaderly, like asking for a demonstration of Reef's skills, or introducing her pack mates, or offering to take Reef on a tour. She did none of those things; she didn't care about what skills anyone had, she didn't really know the names of her two female companions or truthfully anything at all about them, and Reef had her own damn legs, didn't she? "Ingram might be in the grotto or he might be along the beach somewhere," she shared, stooping to collect the bundle of mushrooms, which she intended to take down to the rock beach and roll all over in due time.
22 Posts
Ooc —
Reef held back a small giggle at the leader's smart boy comment, reacting instead with an agreeable smile. She had tempered her initial and fitful excitement since she first came to these borders and was more composed and relaxed, determined to make a good impression on her potential alpha.

Fortunately for her, the dark rogue that first greeted her had not steered her wrong and her provisions were met favorably by Wylla. "Sold," the silver and masked female said, and the beaming and tail-wagging Reef rolled on to her stomach as Grimnismal's leader stepped away. "Thank you!" She replied, cheerful and wholly grateful for her acceptance.

She politely lifted herself to a seated position, and nodded as Wylla advised her of where Ingram might be found. "I'll have to go say hi," she grinned, thumping the sand with her tail as she proudly watched Wylla gather the mushrooms. Sensing her new alpha would like to be on her way, Reef turned her attention to the other two wolves and smiled.

"Would either of you like to join me on a hunt? I'd like to start earning my keep right away."
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Nyx was so focused on the interaction between Wylla and the pale-furred newcomer (whilst wallowing in self-pity at her own countering) that she did not sense Chusi's change in demeanor. She continued to observe the tiny Alphess as she swooned over the offering of her coveted mushrooms and pricked a raven-tipped lobe as Reef propped herself up on her belly then gathered herself to a seated position.

While her initial impression of the aureate stranger was a good one, the tawny Ostrega was surprised when their leader announced an open "sold!" in response to granting her a position among them. She did not dare look upon the mottled she-wolf for fear of accidentally communicating her concern that this wolf's abilities were not question. So she blinked to Chusi then, curious to see what she might think of their latest initiate, and found a rather grim expression of the charcoal youth's fine features.

Nyx did not reach out to her, for she did not wish to draw attention to the girl's obvious uncertainty. Instead she chose to ignore her own curiosity on the matter and shifted her vivid gaze to Reef as she moved to address them both. Initially, she did not particularly want to go galivanting across the shore with this happy-go-lucky female, but she was quick to offer her assistance: "sure," she mustered something of a smile then, though it didn't quite reach her eyes, "how about we show you around first?"
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her nose wrinkled a little, something barely noticeable. She suppressed the urge to vomit, meeting Nyx's gaze carefully. Reef was too peppy, too eager to please - and that was something coming from the golden-hearted herself. But her bitterness towards the newcomer had only grown since she had mentioned her boyfriend. She didn't want to hear that this beauty of a girl would go and say hi to her boyfriend. She glanced at Wylla. then, but not for long. Reef practically had to do nothing to get accepted - one weak link in their chain and their whole structure would go tumbling down. How else had Teaghlaigh fallen? They even had 2 weak links.

She forced a smile. Sorry - borders be callin'. She replied. Maybs anotha time. She added, but she actually meant no way that I'll ever go hunting with you, you perfect goddess.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
"I'd like that!" Reef replied merrily, turning then to the darker female as she declined to join. Reef nodded and agreed, "another time." She thought she could sense some displeasure emanating from the black wolf and was not convinced her smile was genuine, but Reef was unsure and chalked it up to a case of her being unfamiliar with Reef and perhaps even introverted. Once more, the fair wolf looked to Nyx. "I'll follow you," she smiled, tail wagging in excitement to see her new home.

I think we can archive here unless either of you would like to reply again :)