Barrow Fields I'm Cavin' In
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Back dated to 2/10th

Arrille had come with @Prince through caverns, he had remembered someone had mentioned caverns to him. Caverns that went about under the ground, and out they came here. In a field. He shook himself off, having spent so long under ground was not as fun as it sounded...then again, it didn't really sound fun either. 

"Finally!" He stretched about, finally feeling a sense of freedom. He still had no memory of how they ended up there, and no hints to it either. "You good, Prince?"
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
The pale boy was healing too slowly, especially with the lack of food and rest during the pair's trip through the caverns. He grew weaker, more confused with each step-- but that was easily forgotten with the storm in his mind. Being around Arrille constantly had stirred strange feelings in Prince, and at first it had not been unpleasant, but then...
Then he started feeling like Arrille was someone who had hurt him. Deeply. It was an aching thought, because he had grown to like the other quite a bit. Almost in a way he didn't quite understand. The hurt had simmered and dulled into bitterness after so many times of admiring the other's white-and-gold composition and brilliant cerulean gaze only to be struck with grief.
Memories followed the feelings in short order, and for perhaps too brief a time he was angry. The boy didn't know how to react to the tidbits he remembered; meeting Arrille, finding he was gone, blaming him for something... something bad...
He couldn't recall, but he felt it had something to do with his home. His packmates. Prince did recall, now, that once Arrille had been one of them. Once.

He had let this stew for days, allowing more tidbits to come back to him every few hours. The boy had been a little withdrawn, but despite himself-- despite his memories-- something about this experience stuck with him. Their bonding in that cave, during that vulnerable moment, was not easily forgotten. It didn't take him long to decide what he had to do.
Prince was quiet as he followed Arrille into the open air, breathing a sigh of relief. He had missed the sun...
I'm okay. He murmured, unable to meet the other's eyes. There's something I need to tell you, Arrille. I remembered something.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille's smile widened, glad that the idea he had worked after all, that it had gotten them out. "That's good...I'm glad you have gotten out." He paused for a moment, and rather awkwardly as well. What do they do now?

Then Prince spoke up, and Arrille was quite surprised. "Remembered...wait, you mean remembered how we ended up there? How? You gotta tell me" he said, or rather demanded. He had to know. How they got so injured, how they ended up in the cave.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Prince's ears flattened and he fixed his gaze firmly on the ground as Arrille made his demand. It's... best if you don't know a lot right now. You'll find out again soon.
The boy swallowed hard and took a breath, suddenly nervous. If Arrille figured it out... he might kill him. Prince wouldn't fight back, even if he could in this state-- it was a risk he was willing to take, though.
It's just-- I don't think it's safe for us to be around each other. He moved a little closer to the other; his expression was sad, posture defeated, but he wanted to pretend they could still be friends. Just for another moment. His voice lowered near a whisper with his next words. I don't want anything bad to happen to you...
Even if he was supposed to.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille was even more confused than he had been before. He shook his head in confusion, what was happening? What was Prince meaning with saying this? "Prince, what on earth are you on about? Not safe? What exactly did you remember?" he asked, not realizing that there was a slight growl to his tone.

"Bad? Come on, we're together. Nothing bad could happen to us when we're together, we can take whatever on" he said, moving up to nudge the other with his nose.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Immediately the other's words brought the sting of tears to Prince's eyes. He hadn't asked for this! At no point did he think 'hey, you know what would be fun? feeling things for someone you're meant to hate!'. It seemed terribly unfair-- more so because he knew, now, that Drageda hated him. He remembered that he had arrived, that Bean had-- no, no, he couldn't handle this.
All of the grief hit him at once, and a broken sob escaped him. You don't understand... we can't stay together. We could have, but you left, and now-- now everything is a fucking mess!
For a few beats, he could only struggle to hold his tears in. It was mostly a futile effort, and when he gave up he simply turned his face away. There's nothing we can do to change what happened, even if I tell you what it was. And there's nothing I can do to change that I care about you too much, so I guess I'm screwed.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Suddenly emotions seemed to burst forth from Prince as he began to sob. "What? I...I left? What are you on about? Prince, you are making no sen-" Prince turned his face away, and Arrille was starting to think that whatever had happened, it was bad. He did something that ruined their lives. 

But there was one thing that stunned him. Prince, he cared about him? Arrille knew that they knew each other, but he wasn't sure by how much. "Prince, please. I'm sure whatever it is we can figure out. Okay?" He cautiously approached, with a dull whine to comfort Prince. "Come on, we made it out of the cave. What more can happen?"
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
horrible post to keep my boi from going inactive lmfao
The boy was at a loss for words, so he simply looked away. Nothing he could say, he thought, would get through to Arrille. Not without causing greater harm than he wanted to.
Maybe it was naive, but Prince still hoped to get out of this at some sort of neutrality-- he didn't want to be enemies with the other male. He didn't even want to put a halt to their friendship, but they had to. And really, it wasn't just this causing his tears; it was everything else, too. Everything he had recalled. It was new all over again, and now he was dealing with this. It was a wonder he had kept his composure until now, really.
so take it in, don't hold your breath
the bottom's all i've found
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille tried circling in front of Prince after he looked away. He tried to get a look at his eyes. Try to see what was up in that head of his. "Prince...why can't you tell me?" He held his mouth agape. "I didn't kill someone did I...." He felt bad, if he had...He recalled how they had both been found with wounds, together. "These wounds...did they attack me? Did we fight?" Arrille didn't want to believe it.