Whitefish River to boldly go
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
All Welcome 
Located at the point in the river that is between RBF and MOS, just slightly north of the plateau.

It was dangerous to be outside of the pack lands, she knew that. Lavender knew to be careful around strangers too, and if she met anyone suspicious it would be a short run back up to the safety of the plateau from here — I won't go far, she told herself.

But winter was still upon them. She was ill-suited for it, the entirety of her family knew this. The run from the fringe of the plateau to the narrow band of river had been abrupt, a whimsical thing, but already her body was chilling. Breath pealed from her in the form of thick white cloud, her tongue lolled out of one side. 

Lavender looked skywards again, as she had earlier that day from her vantage point on the plateau - but still she did not see the last shadow. With a frustrated huff she turned towards the river, mindlessly finding an access point so she could take a quick drink.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen wished that she possessed the cool and composed demeanor her sister Sarah did, because this would be somehing Terance would need right now the most. Not the emotional outburst on the eve of them leaving Moonspear. Every word she had said about Cerberus had been true, she did not retreat from her statements and yet, did really someone, who was already lying on the ground needed more kicking? Whether Terance had let this over his head or held a grudge against her - she did not dare to find out. Therefore in order to do something to clear her head - she departed from the group to scout for a suitable area, where they could settle down. 

It was quite exhilarating to break free from the group for a while and run free again. She chose a path that led her North and soon she reached a familiar area, which she recognized as the one, where Morningside wolves resided. Curious to see, if she would meet any of the fellows she had met during her previous visits, she followed the river upstream, until she reached a clearing between two forests. There - few feet away she spotted a dappled wolf having a drink and eager to have a company, the girl mindlessly stepped on the icy cover of the river and bounded towards the other. 

However, along the way she slipped and fell hard on the ice, quiet yelp of pain escaping her lips.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
There was a sound along the riverside that made Lavender's head bolt upright, and she turned sharply to regard the ice-strewn waterway as if it had just tried to speak. It hadn't been the ice she had heard creaking; the louder sound had been a shout or a yelp, and soon enough her gaze caught upon the figure of a downed wolf.

Oh no! The girl cried out. That looked like it hurt! But she didn't know what to do next. One side of Lavender thought it would be good to check on the wolf and fall in to old habits of being kind, attentive, and caring like both of her mothers. On the other hand, she had learned her lesson about intercepting strangers and was loathe to do it again, especially when she wasn't safe within Morningside's borders.

The poor thing was conflicted. In the end she crept along the embankment until she was near to the fallen wolf, but there was still ample distance if Lavender needed to bolt away. Tentitavely she called out to the gray-streaked stranger, Are you alright?
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Not again... Wraen thought, when a sharp pain went from her cheekbone and resonated in her skull. She squeezed her eyes shut and gritted her teeth, in order to have the wave of pain pass sooner and eventually it did. Though not without consequences, she lied there breathing quickly for some time without realizing that someone else had appeared.

When a worried inquiry about her well-being reached her ears, Wraen rolled to her belly, wincing again and it took her some time to steady herself. Then she looked up to the most unusual looking wolf and mustered up a weak smile. "Hey... hit my head."
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Since the stranger was debillitated Lavender felt like she had the advantage, so she grew a bit more bold. Although she was careful and thinking about departing, she also felt a strong empathy for the stranger's pain, and didn't want to leave without first making sure they were alright. So, she slipped a bit closer; the girl tested the ice as she went, and carefully crept over to where the stranger had fallen.

Upon reaching them, Lavender did a quick examination - she didn't know what she was looking for, but she didn't see any blood, so that must have been good. Come on, lets get you off the ice. Once they were on solid ground Lavender would feel much better - except when she turned to lead the way, she slipped and almost fell flat on her chest. She only managed to stay standing after some awkward staggering, like she had been dancing a jig. Her limbs trembled afterwards, and she felt an outpouring of adrenaline.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"O-o-kay..." Wraen replied, taking a little time to locate all four limbs and making sure that her tail was in working order as well. Then she pulled her legs underneath her and slowly raised herself to a standing position. Her feet trembled and the world began to swim around her, a wave of nausea was climbing up from the pit of her stomach and, when the other girl almost fell, she took this as an excuse to slide down on her haunches. 

"I don't think I can move just yet," she told, her gaze a little unfocused, because she had no idea, which of the two wolves she was seeing, was the one she had to address.

After a while with the help of her dappled companion Wraen was as ready and as fit to go as possible. They parted on good terms and went their separate ways.