The Heartwood Chaos and the calm.
let's be hopeful, don't get broken
21 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private 
Please allow Terance to post first. For Rannoch, Liffey and Wraen, set after Terance meets Arry. Making a few assumptions and some minor PP but I wanted to get this up, let me know if you want me to edit.  :) 

He wasn't sure how he felt about setting up home with a band of strangers, but knew he'd regret it if he didn't at least try. Anxiety bubbled within his chest at the thought of introducing himself to these wolves, of being scrutanised by three additional pairs of eyes and thoroughly questioned. Arrakis wasn't a particularly optimistic creature since his rejection by Kayi, and so he thought the worst in others before he even got to know them. He was afraid of setting himself apart from this potential new community and not only giving himself a bad impression, but of making Terance look like a fool for extending invitation to a good-for-nothing, lovesick kid.

Together they dragged the remains of their kill toward the rendezvous site, Arry holding the boar's haunch with a firm grip. With their mouths full, neither wolf spoke and the lack of communication did nothing to ease his concern. While their intended location was not far from where the boys' paths had crossed, the distance seemed endless as he mentally tried to prepare how best to present himself. Coming up blank every time, he huffed a breath through his nostrils and steeled himself, concluding that it might be best for Terance to do the talking.

The fresh, distinct scent of wolf hung heavy in the area and, knowing they were close, Arrakis paused. He released his hold on the carcass to exchange a glance with his hunting partner, silently communicating that he did not wish to intrude. "Could you..." he swallowed. Y'know, call them?
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance glanced to his new friend-- he'd go as far as to call him that, anyway, for terance had few requirements when it came to friendship, and though they were high standards, arrakis had passed with flying colors. he nodded, dropping the boar and letting out a loud bark (since the scents were nearby) for @Rannoch and @Liffey-- and even @Wraen and @Bernard had they were interested. he sniffed, tail waving. "don't worry about it-- they're all easygoing wolves, you'll like them," he added with a raise of his eyebrows in arrakis' direction. he could sense the anxiety radiating off the male, and truthfully he understood why, but there was no reason for it-- he hoped he could calm his nerves a bit, sending a small smile his way. "promise," he added.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch had been tending to @Liffey's injury when Terance barked. With his tongue in mid-stroke, the loner froze and looked at his wife curiously. Although Terance's message had not revealed much, Rannoch could tell that it was urgent. Without another word, he nudged his wife, turned from her, and sprung off towards where Terance had called. 

Even before Rannoch arrived on the scene, there were two particularly exciting scents that he caught. One belonged to a freshly killed boar, and the other belonged to a wolf that Rannoch did not recognize; he could help but wonder who Terance had brought home. 

"Terance," greeted Rannoch once he had come to a standstill before the two men. "I see you've brought dinner and a friend," he remarked, and he looked at the stranger with a smile.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey had done her best to hold steady as Rannoch had cleaned her wound. The moment his back had turned, however, she shuddered from the pain. It seemed that the second breaking of her skin across her muzzle was somehow worse than the first, and she was beginning to wonder if it wasn't infected. She knew nothing of medicine, though, and so she held her tongue so as not to worry anyone over it. Least of all her mate.

Rannoch took off to answer the call and after a brief moment of hesitation, Liffey decided to follow. Like with their last trip to find a territory to claim, they seemed to have gathered a number of strays along the way. And it seemed that there was yet another upon them, or so the Frostfur soon discovered as she stepped lightly to her mate's side and set her gaze upon Terance and his newest friend. Rannoch greeted the pair while Liffey remained silent, offering a smile and a curious tilt of her head.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
21 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Terance's kind words helped to ease his concern, but his anxiety promptly returned with his whirlwind thoughts. The raven youth sucked in and held a breath then, as wide tangerine eyes gazed through the trees for any sign of another's approach. Arry half expected them to come at him from all different directions, multiplying the fear that likely radiated from his every pore.

Time ticked by in uncomfortable silence and he reminded himself of his newest comrade's promise. You'll like them, the raven-pelted yearling claimed, but this was not Arrakis' main worry. What if they didn't like him?

From between the woods, a two-toned figure loped in their direction. Arry's ears pricked forward and he lifted his head to observe the other male's approach, before he ducked his head respectfully and pressed his lobes back as he caught sight of an ashen wolfess who followed. His tail hung limp at his hocks and he smiled rather sheepishly up as the bi-coloured newcomer addressed Terance, then turned his vivid eyes on him.

"My name is Arrakis," he said softly, blinking up to flit his gaze between the curious pair before blinking up at his swarthy companion, "Terance invited me to meet you. We met in the forest and hunted the boar together"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance nodded in response to rannoch, but arrakis filled him in fully. good, he thought, that was for the best. so the male nodded again when arrakis finished speaking. "i told him he could come along with us, i think he'd get along well with us all," he added on, ears pricking, "besides-- he hunts well, and there's no such thing as too much food." ha! a joke about food, so funny and original, terance. but it was true, even if it wasn't the guys trade, it was good to have skilled and willing hunters within the pack.
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"Arrakis," Rannoch repeated once the stranger's name had been given to him, "It's nice to meet you." Arrakis then narrated the abridged version of his account of what had happened, and Terance provided the finer details. He perked with interest as he learned 

"No, no such thing," Rannoch said jovially; he stole a glance a Liffey and wondered what she made of the story. "A hunting companion of Terance is a hunting companion of mine," Rannoch then stated, as he fixed his eyes on the newcomer. "And if my wife agrees, then you can consider yourself our newest recruit." 

Arrakis had done everything right in Rannoch's eyes, and he had no reason to turn the freckled man away.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey was quiet as the boys spoke to each other - the newcomer first, then Terance, and finally her mate. She smiled at the commentary that was given, nodding her agreement to all Rannoch said, including his declaration of Arrakis as their newest recruit. She saw no reason to deny the young man acceptance into their little band of travellers. Besides, she liked his little freckles. It endeared him to her instantly. Still, she stayed silent, and likely would until it was time to follow Rannoch wherever he went next.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
21 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Sorry for horrible delays, 12 hour shifts over now so I should be more reliable in future threads.  xD

Terance supported the young Imperii-d'Erom's claim, and a shy smile of gratitude tugged at the corners of his mouth. Following this, it all unfolded before him so quickly and without the expected questioning and scrutanising, he was considered part of their group. He slackened with relief, noticeably, though couldn't help but wonder how they could welcome a new recruit without knowing something more than his name.

Despite his concern, Arrakis wasn't about to complain. He wagged his tail, a silent thank you for their trust, and looked between the group with curiosity. "So," he said softly, emitting a little nervous laugh before continuing: "where are we headed?"
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"To where we've settled for now," Rannoch chirped in reply to Arrakis' question. They weren't too far away, and they would reunite with the others soon. "We'll probably get going in the morning, though," he added with a glance to Terance and Liffey; that had been the plan, after all. Although their current camp had been pleasant, Rannoch was itching to get back on the road. 

Rannoch would answer whatever questions came to Arrakis' mind. It was his goal to acclimate the recruit quickly, and Rannoch hoped that he would soon feel at home amongst them. Their conversation lasted well after the four wolves had arrived back to where they had temporarily established themselves. Rannoch excused himself as dusk began to fade into the night to allow for the man to acclimate to his own accord. For now, Rannoch had done the best that he could to welcome him.