Totoka River Say Geronimo
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
@Rosalyn hi, bad decision buddy!

In the fading light, the girl watched the sea rise and fall, and the salty scent filled her nostrils as she raised her muzzle to the darkened skies and smiled. The  danger was calling her, daring her to cross it. The temptress was calling her, and she longed to answer it. Dipping her tail into the water, the iciness of it made her catch her breath, yet her tiny feet broke the illusion of the sky in the water as it rippled. A determined look was on her face as. She stepped ankle deep into the water.
Daisies and Dynamite wrapped in a fluff ball.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn had been wandering a lot these past weeks, recruiting and hunting in equal measure.  But now she spent a short time home, learning the beach and its secrets.  Honestly; there weren't many.  It was a pretty dull little stretch of sand.  But she liked it fine.

That night she was appreciating the stars as she walked.  She'd learned long ago some of how to navigate by them; much of it hazy now, and she had the thought perhaps that she should brush up.  Then she glanced down and saw Dakini on the sand as well, and that thought was filed away for future use.

"Hola amiga!  What are you up to this fine night?". She saw that she was in the water, and her brow lifted with interest.  "¿Natación?"
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
As her tail swirled in the icy blueness, she heard a familiar voice. Lifting her head, her eyes lit up and a smile graced her face, then she nodded. Sí. I've actually never swam before. Gesturing with her head, the determined look came back as she spoke. I want to swim to that island. ¿Conmigo? A mischievous grin came upon her face as she raised her eyebrows.

"With me?"
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
I've never swam before.  Hold up.  What?!  "Never!?". Rosalyn looked at her somewhat incredulously.  How had she never... yknow what nevermind that.

It was nighttime, Dakini had never swam before apparently, and she wanted to test the ocean to go out to some island? Not to mention they weren't the largest of wolves.  The trip would likely be hard even for her, and she was seasoned.  Not to mention the waters.  Even though it appeared relatively calm, was it? She could be devious.

But even as Dakini said it, and Rosalyn looked at the island out there... she kinda wanted to go too.  "Qué diablos," she said with a slight grin to match her friend's.  "But are you sure? It's a dangerous way to learn."  Rosalyn would try her best, but she couldn't guarantee nothing would happen.  She sensed Dakini was game, though, and would rather be around than let her do it alone.
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
As her friend spoke incredulously, she grinned, amused, her eyes sparkling. I grew up in the desert. Ever seen one of them? Watching for her friend's reaction, a giggle escaped from her slim snout, and she nodded excitedly.
She kicked some icy water on her friend, then darted deeper into the water. Let's see what the temptress can throw at us tonight!
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn had heard of deserts, but never seen one! She made a face, jesting, then laughed.  Shit, it had been a long time since she'd had a friend.  

Then Dakini hit her with water and was off.  The water was cold!  She gave a little shudder, but not wanting to fall behind, began splashing out herself. "Stay close and watch for currents.  ¿Intenta no se ahoguen?". She said, loudly over the water, before they got in too deep.  The waves were definitely present, but subdued, and she struck out strongly, attempting to stay as close to Dakini as possible.  If she showed signs of regret or difficulty, she'd hopefully be able to intercede.  But if they caught a bad current.... the ocean could have them.
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Nodding, the girl's eyes lit up as the water enveloped her. The sensation surrounding her was oddly comforting, yet as instincts kicked in and her legs began to move, she could feel the current already pulling at her. Going under once, she came up coughing.  There's one. She mumbled curses in her native language under her breath, yet as her small feet paddled, a sense of exhilaration filled her, and she giggled. ''Try not to drown." Smiling at her friend, her voice was light. I should have done this ages ago!
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Her gut clenched with anxiety as her friend went under, but she popped right back up and seemed to get the groove of it.  Rosalyn gave an appreciative laugh, but didn't answer; they'd need their breath for the swim more than likely! It had been a long time since she'd struck out from shore, and the first time she had done so, she could remember how badly it had gone.  Hopefully their luck would be more fortunate.

The cold seeped into her fur, but the exercise helped to keep it at bay.  She tried to feel where the currents were and keep herself situated so that if swept, Dakini would collide with her instead of open water.  Some insurance against this at least, if not a guarantee.
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
The small girl's ears twitched as they swam. It was a wierd feeling, floating in liquid. Yet she was living it, a determined light in her wide eyes. They were almost halfway across and besides her going down once, it was going well. Her thick fur wasn't enough to stop the coldness, but she didn't mind as her long legs swept through the water. Wanting to giggle again, she withheld, her breath coming faster. She paddled faster, excitement racing through her veins. 
One minute, it was calm. The next, the temptress threw a strong current in their path, and she gasped softly as it swept her towards her friend. Slamming into her, she winced and tried to stay afloat.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The island was growing closer, but just as Rosalyn was starting to feel optimistic, a current caught and slammed Dakini, as she had stupidly hoped, straight into her side.  As something hit, her breath burst out and she bobbed under, taking in an unpleasant mouthful instead.  

Thankfully instinct and years of practice kicked in, and she kicked out strongly to burst, sputtering some, alongside again.  "Shit," she managed to say, breath still caught as she resumed treading the water.  But the close call lit her on fire, adrenaline racing.  The ocean was challenging them, but they would meet her.
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
As Rosalyn went under, her eyes went wide as she paddled. Her heart raced as she thought about diving under the icy water for her. Moments passed, and she was about to try her hand at underwater swimming when she popped up.
The word that came out of her companion's mouth made her grin, and she knew she was alright. Turning towards the island, her legs kicked fast as they continued. Her feet touched solid earth, her small tongue lolling out of her mouth as she panted slightly. Slinging water everywhere as she shook, she then wagged her tail and laughed lightly. That was.. interesting. Ears perked, she sat down tall and tilted her head, a sense of pride overcoming her. Buen intento, Tentadora. Buen intento.

"Nice try, Temptress. Nice try."
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn still felt a little waterlogged as they hit land, and her legs were actually tired from the effort, but they had made it! The island was before them, ready to be explored.  She laughed, nodding at Dakini's words.  Silently she thanked the waves, however; they had really been kind in the coming.  Hopefully they would be as kind in the return.

"Not bad for a maiden voyage." She said with a grin, gazing about.  She scented others, and recent too.  "I get the feeling we aren't the first to make the trip, though."  Though still exhilarated, she became a tad more wary, on the lookout for any who might appear.

making a slight assumption that someone has been there at least recently bc undersea <3
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her tail swished at her friend's words, yet her legs felt a bit weak. She frowned slightly at the fact, but sniffed the air at Rosalyn's words. Turning her head, her amber eyes swept the island, her large ears swiveling trying to pick up any sound. Her voice was low as she spoke. You don't think anyone else is here, do you? She stood and glanced at the wolfess. This... She searched her brain, the word not yet familiar to her. ...island..it's not very big, is it?

Sounds good!<3
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Doesn't look that way," she said, then stopped as she realized that really answered both questions in one go.  She took a few steps in, peering around.  "Wanna explore now or wait till light?"  They could see alright in the dark, but she bet the light would reveal even more interesting aspects of the island.  "I'm betting either way it'd be smarter to swim back tomorrow," she added with a smile.  Give them time to rest up their legs a bit.
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
As she watched the wolfess, her ears swiveled, trying to pick up any sounds of others. Her eyes scanning the island, she shook her head slightly and thankfully sat down. Her panting was gone, but her legs still felt weak. She grinned sheepishly. We could explore before we go  the morning, but I think you're right about waiting. My legs feel funny.
Circling a few times, she stamped the ground before settling, shivering slightly. Adrenaline had subsided, leaving her feeling the wet fur against her skin. She looked at Rosalyn and grinned. I'm really glad we met. If I would have tried that on my own... She shrugged, not wanting to think about it. Her voice was soft as she perked her ears towards her friend. I'm glad you came along.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She nodded gratefully, happy for a rest herself.  She would sleep well tonight; well, relatively well.  As much as one could on a strange island out in the ocean.

"Aye.  I wouldn't suggest testing her on your own.  Even I don't."  Not unless she had no other options.  Some shallow swimming, fishing, maybe, but never a swim like this.  "Likewise.  Let's find out what sorts monsters this place holds.  Hopefully none snap us up tonight." Her voice was teasing, but she knew she would be sleeping with one eye open tonight.
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Her curiousity perked up, yet tonight she was too cold and tired to heed it. She smiled at her friend's words and smiled, her eyelids already beginning to get heavy. Standing up slowly, she shook once more and circled a few times before curling into a small ball, her tail covering her eyes. Yet one question stood out and screamed in her mind until she raised her tail slightly and peeked at her friend, a sheepish look on her face. Rosalyn, do you know any sea...songs?
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She was ready to settle in for the night as well, but her ears pricked when Dakini asked an interesting question.  Sea songs?  She'd heard a few; most were not the sort she wished to sing now, bawdy and disrespectful songs that brought tougher times to mind.  But she knew a few from longer ago, back before she'd left home.  "Aye, a few.  D'you?"  Rosalyn knew she had never seen the sea, but that didn't mean a song or two hadn't made it her way in the past.

They shared stories a bit before sleep hit them, and in the morning would explore around some before heading back to mainland and home.