Redhawk Caldera Be like Elsa, let it go.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Discontent rippled through the crowd with Towhee's announcement. His own children were two of the first to verbally speak up, Fiadh hoping to really give the Blackfeather wolves what-for and Eljay simply begging to stay. Although Elwood wished that they could take either of those options, he had to agree with Towhee -- for the safety of their pack, it was time that they do something else.

He shook his head gently as he replied to Fiadh and Eljay. "We don't want to fight again. We put ourselves in a lot of danger before -- and even though we forced Blackfeather out of their territory, they came back. I don't think it's a good idea to fight them again -- or to stay here," he said, with an empathetic glance at Eljay. He then looked to Towhee, deferring to the new Alpha and whatever else she had to add to the discussion.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her orange eyes roved over the crowd, assessing reactions. Towhee had blindsided them, more or less, and it would probably take more than thirty seconds for most members to process. There were only two that offered up verbal replies: Fiadh and Eljay. She could only concentrate on one at a time, so the Alpha picked her younger sister. She could appreciate her fieriness and dedication, though nothing would change the leader's mind now.

Her mouth opened to respond to Fiadh when she realized that several eyes were on Elwood. She turned in time to catch most of his statement: "—ourselves in a lot of danger before—and even though we forced Blackfeather out of their territory, they came back. I don't think it's a good idea to fight them again—or to stay here." Towhee nodded at him, then repeated the gesture more emphatically as her attention returned to the gathering.

"It's going to be hard, leaving this place, setting up a new home. But we're going to get out of this war zone, once and for all," Towhee added to her uncle's words before unwittingly quoting some famous Kansas lyrics to the Redhawks: "And there'll be peace when we are done."

This can be a wrap post, or you're still welcome to post reactions. Happy to continue. :)
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay didn't want to leave still, but he knew that he wasn't going to be able to convince daddy or Towhee of this. Mommy still looked unhappy with the decision and so did he. With face fallen into a state of perpetual panic mixed with disbelief and terror Eljay nervously waited for the meeting to be over so he could go somewhere and be panicked alone in the last moments he'd get to spend in his one and only ever true home. Moments passed and he did not hear anyone more pose complaints, but Eljay could not hold any longer. He turned on his heels and left the meeting, finding one of his favourite places in the old rendezvous site to collapse and try to steady his breathing while he remained a sobbing mess.