Stavanger Bay zoologically improbable and/or terrifying to small children
56 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
All Welcome 
@Rosalyn, @Smokestep, and any other Ironsea wolf if they'd like!

With no real intention of being out on her own for long, Nox easily accepts the first offer of a home. She doesn’t exactly know what she’s about to get herself into, but it doesn’t matter. She didn’t have a purpose prior to know (if she did, it’s because I’ve forgotten it) and so she trots along beside the woman as she leads her back down the coast. Her legs have to work extra hard to keep up with long legs over here but she keeps her panting to a minimum to hide the depleted energy. She’s been on her own for long enough that a pack will be welcome. Steady meals and comradery is all she has to look forward to now, once she words herself in.

She slows down when the other does, halting when she does the same, and assumes it is the borders of her home she’s brought her and not-so-patiently does Nox wait, shifting awkwardly every so often on tired limbs.
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The pirate stalked across the snow-flecked sands with purpose toward the edges of his territory. His eyes were trained to catch anything that might wander across the invisible line of the borders, but he had not seen a passerby for many days. Keeping his head held aloft, Smokestep drew in the scents of the bay and then exhaled with a small and curling smile. It was pleasant to have a place to call his own; he wondered if the feeling was similar to how his father had felt when he had first set foot on the location for Blackrock Depths. Not interested in following the standard pack system, the boy had crafted something of his very own and found it to bring him a peace that he had never truly understood before.

As he drew closer, the scent of one unfamiliar wafted through his nostrils and caused his pelt to bristle slightly. Turning sharply, he careened toward where she was standing. As he closed some of the distance, he noticed the abnormalities of her frame and wondered how the Ironsea crew had come to be a collection of misfits and freaks. It didn't matter, so long as they did their job and remained on task. Flicking his tail upward, the corsair bid her a soft chuff of a greeting and then slowed his pace. “Ahoy, lass... what brings ye to me borders?” the brute inquired with a cant of his skull and a small smirk.
calling to join them the wretched and joyful
shaking the wings of their terrible youths
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
i missed the implication she was leading her hah! Entirely wrong context for some reason

Rosalyn took the other wolf along with, assuming that Smokestep would be pleased to have another to potentially add to the ranks.  She stepped eagerly, but paused before the beach, remembering her own reception by Sandpiper when she had been thought an outsider.  Better safe than sorry.

Luckily, Smokestep was prompt as ever.  Roz gave him a small nod of greeting, though understandably, he opened with a question directed at the newcomer.  She stepped aside a bit, allowing Nox to speak for herself this first impression.  She could add as she saw fit.
56 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
They do not have to wait long, as it seems they’re all in the right place at the right time. Her ears fall back, short tail droops, and she lowers her head as the other approaches with an arrogant swagger. Being used to the way her family throws their weight around, some stranger leading a foreign pack isn’t going to intimidate her any more than her own brother.

Still, she smiles that crooked smile and glances to Roz, expecting her to introduce her, but her toothy grin fades when she’s left out to dry. A little conscious about the wounds on her back, she shifts, trying to keep things light.

“Name’s Nox!” she chirps, “an’ Roz here was tellin’ me a bit about the place so I thought y’might have room for me.” She pauses, realizing she’s never really had to prove herself and Rosalyn had given her keynotes to joining. Nox lets her smile fade to something a bit more serious, not sure what sort of brute was standing before her. “I’m pretty good at fightin’ and fishing is second nature; I grew up onna island so I’m familiar with the sea.”
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Roz was silent, which allowed for the stranger to speak up about herself. She began with introduction, to which he nodded his head and offered a small smile. She then explained that Roz had lured her in with tale of their lives and he glanced toward the muddy red woman with an approving bob of his skull. It was good to see others reaching out to expand their crew. Smokestep wanted nothing more than to exceed the expectations that had been set on him. He would ruin it all with his own success.

“Nox, right, pleasure to meet ye, lass,” he said with a toothy grin. “Me name's Smokestep an' this here's the Ironsea crew's bay. Ye seem the type to fit right in.” It wasn't an exaggeration of the truth, either. The pale marauder actually believed that she was an ideal member, but he wanted to make sure that it wasn't some sort of a joke. She was rather homely looking, and he wouldn't have put it past Roz to pull a poor prank. “Did she give ye the run down on how we pirate folk live? How ye'd be expected to pitch in?” he inquired with a tilt of his head.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"Not yet, had to make sure I got it right," she said, casting him a small smile.  It was true, though... his crew was a little different than hers had been.  She had never asked her mates loyalty or death... seemed asking for a crew who didn't want to serve ya.  If they weren't loyal she'd have rather they sod off, but apparently here, the contract was a bit more set.

"Not too much expected, just serve the crew and be loyal to them.  Desert and die, but stay and ye'll have a pretty solid lot ready to get your back if need be."  She glanced at Smokestep, first to see if she had overstepped, and second to see if he had anything to add.  She was still getting the sense for how possessive he was of his own power, and for the first time in a long while, she wasn't looking to undermine.
56 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
The brute introduces himself and her ears swivel forward curiously. It is a familiar name but she can’t quite put a paw on it. Besides, more than one wolf can have the same name—even one strange enough as Smokestep—but she isn’t even sure it’s that at all. Nox licks her lips as Roz speaks up a beat later, admitting to not giving her all the details but quickly explains them anyway. Is she about to bite off more than she can chew? Whatever.

“I’m pretty good at fighting. Well, they say I can take a-beatin’,” she says with a grin, glancing between the two. “And I may not lookit but I’m good in the water,” she adds with a sweep of her nose in the direction of the sea.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Rosalyn opted to give the newcomer a rundown of what was to be expected and Smokestep was pleased with her answer. He demonstrated this in a small nod of his head and a wink toward the reddish woman. Their lifestyle was a simple one, but there were key elements that – if ignored – could result in the death of those who were unaware. The pale Captain appreciated that Roz had mentioned this important portion of joining their crew. Once she had finished with the spiel, he fixed his mismatched gaze on their pale companion and smiled softly.

“Ye seem a good fit, then lass,” he remarked with a sure bob of his head. “Welcome to the Ironsea crew. Would ye like the grand tour?” Motioning toward their land with a swinging of his head, the yearling admired his claim. It would treat them well if they treated it with respect, at least that was what his father had always said about the bay. They could survive for quite some time there. If the crew was strong and the land provided them with means of survival, they would be there for the rest of his life.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Her spike earned her a wink, and she was glad she'd gotten it right! Not that it wasn't simple; but she'd known captains who'd snap if you tried to speak for em, and knowing Smokestep wasnt quite one of them was valuable indeed.

Her part was done, but if they were amiable, she would tag along for the tour.  Not only would it be good for she herself to hear what he had to say about his beach here, but to get to know this Nox a bit more as well.
56 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
All the pieces fell into place. She ignores the nagging feeling in the back of her mind. It’s nothing but new-pack jitters. It’s her first home off the island and she might not be as alone as she think. Still, she is close to the ocean and she’s made a friend she can laugh with. A glance back at the other female causes her shortened tall to wag as she moves along, stepping in line with Smokestep as he offers a touch. “’Course!” she chirps through a crooked grin.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
“Right then,” he said in a bright tone. The pale corsair then swung his head in the direction they were intended to travel and expected the two of them to follow. The length of his limbs made for great strides, which he slowed for the benefit of the two women with him. “If ye like a fight, we ought to have good trades fer ye to pursue,” he encouraged her with a smile. Of course, the pale girl hadn’t really stated that she enjoyed fighting as much as she had said she was good at taking a beating. Smokestep enjoyed filling in the blanks with assumptions, so he let the offer stand.

The trio trekked across the beach and he motioned toward the forested back. “We’ve got a speck o’ forest fer ye to find some shade. A series o’ caves not too far down the beach,” he swung his head to the west of where they walked. “Plenty o’ sand an’ sunshine, and the best water ye’ve ever seen.” A glow of pride crossed his features as he gazed out to the lapping ocean waves.
56 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
The tour is offered and, with Roz in tow, she follows after them diligently and dutifully. It takes overtime on her legs to keep up with the other’s longer (or maybe just normal) legs, but she’s used to the extra effort. Most days it doesn’t even faze her but the long stint of lone wolfdom has really played a toll. Still, she listens and takes note of anything of importance.