Sage*
1,316 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
All Welcome 
i'm honestly not sure when this is dated lol

the trio returned to the plateau in much different spirits than they had left. @Easy, he thought, was still cross with him, and there was still lingering, almost resentful feelings between @Dawn and himself that desperately needed to be worked out.

but it would have to wait. it was time to move the rest of the morningsiders out, to head to their new home on the plains.

there was a small sense of disappointment lingering in the pit of his stomach. he had taken to the maplewood, but he knew the thick vegetation and cover would be hellish for grayday to navigate, with what little sight he had left. dawnlark would have to do. if another pack didn't take it over, aditya could at least claim the woods as his own private, unofficial stomping ground.

perhaps he'd go there when dawn decided she didn't want or need him anymore.

his burly body came to a slow halt as they crossed the border, and aditya let out a howl for @Grayday and @Pema, letting them know they'd arrived back all right. he wondered whether they would up and go right this instant, or if there would be a couple days of preparation before takeoff. frankly, he hoped it would be much sooner rather than later.

he gazed down at easy, smiling. "now we get to show everybody what we found." he kept his eyes away from dawn's; he found he couldn't look at her directly. not yet, anyway.
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori had been stretched out in the snow, just letting it drift lazily across her. She surprisingly wasn't hungry, but, the moment that she heard Adi's familiar voice she'd shot up and let out a resounding happy call of her own welcoming them back. Even if she hadn't been addressed personally she'd wanted them to know how excited she was that they were home. The mother to be made her way towards the borders, stopping to urinate no less than four times. 

When she found the trio she was quick to nuzzle each wolf, almost marveling at how grown up Easy seemed. "I'm so glad you're all home," She said quickly, tail wagging behind her as she surveyed them all. They seemed to be in one piece, and Catori was definitely relieved. She wondered how long before the rest of the welcome wagon came to find them, oblivious for that moment in her own happiness that she didn't notice the tension in the returned scouting party. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
It had not been a good trip. The start had been fine, and so had Easy's wanderings on her own - but whenever she was with Dawn or Aditya or - God forbid - both, things had been awful. And, lately, increasingly weird. There was something going on between those two, and not the usual lovey-dovey stuff that Easy hated so much.

Somehow, it was even worse.

"Whatever," said Easy, turning her back to Aditya and moving toward Catori. It started off as just a way to get away from the dumb, stupid boy, but by the time Easy had her mother's scent in her nostrils, she was booking it. "Mom!" she cried, trying to fit herself under the crook of the woman's neck. It was jarring to realize she didn't fit. All she needed now was Dad, Pema, and the rest of her siblings.

She realized, with a pang, that Burr would not be coming to greet her. He'd been taken back to Easthollow.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday was not far behind Catori, following her very clear trail through the territory. It was a rather convenient way to travel, and rather fulfilling, too, since her trail led him straight back to his absent children.

"You're back!" he cheered, finding Easy with his nose and covering her cheek in kisses. He bumped into Aditya next and gave a hearty, playful growl, rearing back and snapping harmlessly at the other man's ear. Dawn was last, but greeted with no less love. "We were worried. Did you see the giant birds? Was anyone hurt?"

He circled around the pair, worry mounting when he detected wounds upon his daughter. She seemed fine, but he wouldn't rest until he knew that for sure. "Pema just got back a few days ago. She'll have a look at that for you," he said to her, nosing her cheek. And then, finally, "So, did you find anything good?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema had only been back a few days and she was very greatful to be home. But coming home to learn that Dawn, Adi, and most of all Easy was gone, was a great disappointment. So when she heard Adi's howl of their return she rushed to the border as soon as she could. Cat and Day were already there to greet the three and had spoken a few words to them before Pema's arrival.

"You guys are back!" She went to greet Dawn and Adi with a friendly nudge and smile, and saved her biggest hello for Easy. Giving her a kiss and nuzzled her, Pema's tail wagging rapidly. "Oh, I missed you guys." she said, though mostly directed at Easy. She had heard Day's final question and didn't feel the need to add another until the first was answered.
Morningsong
Sage*
1,316 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
feel free to jump in anytime, @Dawn! i'm gonna reply to get this moving

he let out his breath in an exasperated snort at easy's snapping retort, but his attitude did improve somewhat as he caught sight of family--first catori, then grayday and pema soon after. he gave them all a beaming smile, his body suffused with relief at successfully completing the mission.

"there are plains, north of here," aditya explained, nodding toward the mountains. "lots of land, huge territory. perfect for a big pack like ours. and a maplewood beside it, as well, that we could claim. we took shelter from the storm there."

his eyes moved from grayday to his wife, looking her over with light scrutiny. something was different, and aditya hadn't been ignorant of the looks the couple had been giving each other at the hunter's moon. there was a fresh glow to her pelt, a new, supple roundness to her. well, if catori was with child, they must move right away, so to give the new mother time to settle into her new home before giving birth.

he dipped his muzzle to her in quiet congratulations, his golden eyes sparkling, hoping she'd get the meaning. he looked over at pema, then, saying softly, "i tried my best with the moss, on those wounds. it would be good for you to have another look, though."