Shadow Mountain A hell within my head
CAPTIVE
6 Posts
Ooc —
You all have my permission to do any damage you like to Maheegan, though please allow others to get a hit in as well!

Ryple's voice was soothing, and he found logic within her words but it did not replace his sickening fear with bravery. Perhaps he was simply a coward, but he found himself unwilling to believe many others would have a different approach to this situation. The man trembled, a shaky puff of air releasing from his nostrils as his gaze scanned the faces of the gathering shadow wolves.

They were watching. All of them. He could feel eyes upon his pelt and could almost sense the hunger that burned through the chest of the one who called herself the Nightstalker. She seemed truly fitting of such a name - her pelt was inky, as black as the night itself and she could slink through the shadows with such ease it seemed almost supernatural. Maheegan was incredibly wary of her, but it seemed his caution had not paid off, for here he was at her mercy. Voices were hushed all of a sudden, and the wolf's attention snapped back to the present where that woman was announcing his fate. Death. He had already come to the conclusion that he would not live to see the morning, but it did not ease any heart-wrenching terror that pierced his soul. They were going to... chase him? Why not get it over and done with so that he could wait no longer?

Then it came. The snap of jaws, a rush of air that sent him reeling - the grey-furred man shot up and his tail curled instinctively between his hind legs, breaths coming in short gasps. He backpedaled into the center of the clearing where all attention was on him. Then she snapped again, and it was like the rope had been cut. His fate was sealed. He would die. Everything from that point on was like a rushed blur - one second he was sending one final, thanking glance to Ryple (for she had kept him company with her sarcasm and humor even in the dark situation they had been thrust into) before his paws were suddenly carrying him away. 

There was a rapid beat behind him, chants filling the silence of the night and cursing it with plagued whispers. His heart felt as though it would pop out of his chest, and as he ran he could hear the many footsteps behind him that desired only to see his blood spilled across the ground.
Messages In This Thread
A hell within my head - by Kelina - March 01, 2018, 06:32 AM
RE: A hell within my head - by Nikan - March 01, 2018, 11:09 AM
RE: A hell within my head - by Serem - March 01, 2018, 11:17 AM
RE: A hell within my head - by Nightstar - March 01, 2018, 11:53 AM
RE: A hell within my head - by Nikan - March 01, 2018, 01:59 PM
RE: A hell within my head - by Maheegan - March 01, 2018, 05:28 PM
RE: A hell within my head - by Aeronwyn - March 01, 2018, 06:35 PM
RE: A hell within my head - by Tree - March 03, 2018, 01:47 AM
RE: A hell within my head - by Duana - March 03, 2018, 07:46 AM
RE: A hell within my head - by Ukko - March 03, 2018, 07:17 PM
RE: A hell within my head - by Ryple Lee - March 04, 2018, 12:47 PM