71 Posts
Ooc — Kris
"What do you suppose happened?"
"I don't know. Bad reaction to the anesthetic?"
"Maybe. He was up on his feet before we left though."
"He could have lied back down. Can we go back and look?"
"Some other time. He might move again and if he doesn't... I'm sorry."
"Damnit. I hope it's just a glitch or something."

The next day, the mortality sensor had still not gone off.

The day after that, the mortality sensor had still not gone off.

But on the third day...

"Look at that! The big guy must be up!"

Somewhere beyond the fourth wall, Lauren and Mary (at least) are probably giving Kris the finger. >:]

The white wolf had become part of the landscape. He was exactly as he had been when he first collapsed and several inches of snow had covered him over. It seemed he would die like that — broken hearted and withering away — but the white wolf got to his paws, shook out his coat, and moved.

He pressed his nose into the fresh track of a hare and then shoved into the thicket where the creature cowered and hoped to go unnotice. The white wolf prowled around it, sniffing, and searching. When at last he had gotten too near, the hare's composure failed and it flushed wild. Skwol was on it, crashing through the brush with a ravenous snarl. He was driven by desperation; motivated by the instinct to survive.

The hare blundered. It's speed faltered as it hesitated to choose an escape rotute and so it screamed when Skwol's massive jaws seized the advantage clamped down on its backside. He hardly gave it a chance to die before his fangs greedily started ripping hunks of flesh and fur from its body. He devoured his kill with such voracity that he gagged and choked and coughed... and at last spat up most of what he had consumed.

The wolf peered at his retch for a moment before he consumed it and the snow some of it had soaked into. He looked around as he licked his red-stained lips, and then sniffed at all that was left: tufts of fur and blood.