Whitefish River I see you
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He hadn't even thought as far as what to do with the bird but the suggestion of the two of them eating made him give a relieved smile. He nodded and stepped forward but paused "Ladies first. So...what's your pack like?"he asked curiously and motioned for her to go ahead. He would take his share when she was done, besides he wasn't too hungry. Perhaps he would just bring it back to Catori.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Why thank you - you are a true gentleman," Wraen praised her companion and cast a very sincere look in his direction. She had not paid much attention to his looks previously, but now that there was time to observe, she had to admit that the Morningside lad was a handsome specimen. Not just because of the gray fur that was similar to her own (she was not racist, yet somehow preferred grayscale palette over other fur colors), but those amber eyes - oh, my.

Not wanting to be accused of staring too long or too much, she went over to the goose and worked, until she had detached it's long and fat neck from the rest of the body. With herself settled down on the ground and her lunch secured between her forepaws, she finally answered Sunny's question: "They are quite a cool bunch. It started out with me, my brother and another two wolves and now we have grown into numbers and I don't know all of the recruits personally. But that is the thing with big packs, isn't it. What about you - I understand that yours consists of family members mainly?"
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
While she had been turned away he had been looking at her, scanning her over. The dark greys and whites of her pelt were beautiful, much like Keoni except she had darker streaks as well. The thing that Sunny really thought was pretty were Wraen's eyes, a striking shade of green that stuck out from her face. Expressive and vivid they were something Sunny liked to glance at, except for this instance when Wraen was staring at him and he was staring at her and they meet eyes. She looked away and went for the food and Sunny cleared his throat, feeling the short whiskers on his cheeks twitch with embarrassment.

As she separated her share and dug in, he tore off a piece for himself and took some bites. He listened to her answer and smiled, understanding what she meant. There were some members of Morningside he still didn't know except by name and the occasional glance. "Well...sort of. My dad is Grayday and my full sister is Dawn. Dauntless, Easy and Lavender are my half sister's. Catori is my...well she's my mom by mateship. Shale is my uncle too...so actually I guess that makes up the majority. There's also another family here too. Sorrel Marie,Kieran Adrien, their father and their aunt are members. Then there's Pema and Aliac."He realized he was rambling the names as they came to his head and stopped, clamping his jaws shut and blushing. "But there are some I only know by name. Aliac and Sorrel's aunt and father for example. I've met Aliac once and their dad was around when I was a pup but he isn't familiar."He said with a lopsided smile. He took another bite of his share to keep himself from rambling on any more.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen was lost in names and orders of relations to each other very quickly, therefore it was a good thing that she could continue eating, while listening to her friend at the same time. When Sunny had finished, she felt a little pang of envy, for him being able to stay with his family, while she had had to leave hers and find a new one elsewhere. By now the younger siblings she had left behind last year would be all grown up - imagine the possibilities of, what they had become? And maybe there were new siblings as well - how she would want to meet them all.

This all - however - she kept to herself. "You are definitely a force to be reckoned with," she said. "Your dad - Grayday - what is he like?" surely a patriarch and the very soul of the pack had to be an interesting personality.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny cocked his head to the side, one ear flopping oddly as he gave her a surprised expression. "Really? How is that?"He asked. He wasn't that good of a fighter, he had only won a single fight and that was against a female intruder with Aditya and Dawn (sorta) helping him out. He was big and strong looking he supposed, but that was just appearance. Then she asked about his father and he didn't even wait for a reply before jumping into that topic. "He's everything I hope to be and more. Even though he's had his own troubles he puts them off for me and Dawn and the pack. He's strong,funny,handsome...he works so hard to keep us going. Everyone respects him and loves him."He said earnestly. He took another bite of food and thought for a bit "He loves me even though I caused so much pain when I was little...he loves us all unconditionally"He said as soon as he had swallowed.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I mean in numbers and close family ties," Wraen clarified, but felt a little amused by Sunny's apparent confusion of what she had attempted to imply earlier. She could easily compare Morningside with Moonspear - by now she had learned that, where there was a strong family at the core, the pack was very likely to thrive. Because strangers came and went, family always remained.

"A true king of the forest then," she concluded, recalling dimly a very complicated story about elves and their leader that was every bit like the person Sunny had described. Too bad that she had not listened too carefully and could not quote any line now. "This will be personal - but you are allowed to ask a personal question to me in return - but have you ever wished to leave and start a pack of your own?"
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
When she clarified what she had meant Sunny felt a small pang of disappointment that she hadn't meant because he was big and strong. It was one thing for him and his family to know he wasn't all big and bad but another for the ladies to know. The conversation turned back to his father and he gave a chuckle at the title she gave him. King of the forest....it fit really. Did that make him a Prince? The idea of it made him snort and he gave an awkward shift in his posture, knowing he'd be caught laughing at his inner monologue.

The next question startled him and he thought for a moment. No...he hadn't ever thought of leading his own pack. "No...Not ever. But I have been torn between two packs. My birth pack and this one, the one my dad made. I was too young to know but my dad took me and Dawn away from Easthollow to start Morningside and when I was older I decided to leave for Easthollow . Then Dawn came months later and asked me to come back. So I did. I've never really leaving again for any reason."he explained awkwardly,trying to summarize his long history the best he could. "It was a matter of choosing between friends and family. Family won, it probably always will."he murmured.

Now for a personal question. He didn't really have any so he asked the first that came to his mind. "Have you ever thought about love and having a family of your own one day?"he asked. It was something he had given occasional thought to, it was something he'd come to realize he would have wanted to do with Keoni if she had ever came to love him back. He had wanted to begin courting her right before Dawn came for him.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
If someone had presented Wraen a choice between Moonspear and going back to her birth-pack, then she would have probably chosen the first all because Terance was there and he might need her more than the rest. Now - however - with the pack forming and new duties, she felt that there would be a time, when her brother would not need her that much. It was easy to imagine him finding a girl to love, founding a family and becoming the old, proud and respected patriarch of the new Redleaf-DiSarinno branch. And where was there a place for her?

"I have thought about it sometimes," she replied as truthfully as she could. "Yet... I don't feel nowhere old and mature enough to take that big leap into the adulthood. It still feels like my life has just begun and I would like to enjoy all it has to offer, before settling down and caring for the new generation." 

"Though it would be nice to have a boyfriend - to see, what is that like. And you - have you got a sweetheart?"
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It was a mature enough answer that he nodded. When she asked the same of him he gave a dorkish smile and shook his head "No. Not anymore at least. I had someone I loved back at Easthollow but she doesn't know and I can't tell her. I know I want kids and all but not until I find someone I truly love who loves me too" he responded with the same truthfulness she had given him.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Well, that was interesting - why couldn't he tell her? The question was on the tip of Wraen's tongue, but she decided against asking. She had had some experience in unrequitted love and, since it had been a rather painful period in her life that she did not like to dwell upon too much, she thought that Sunny had very similar reasons. 

"In that case I wish you with all my heart that you find such person," she closed the topic, being very sure that such a decent fellow as this one would not be alone for very long. Come to think of it - maybe he would meet his fateful woman a day, week or month from now. Maybe she was on her way already. 

By this time she had finished the neck, felt both full and a little drowsy, which meant that it was high time for her to get back to her packmates. Sleeping out in the open on her own did not seem like a very attractive idea to her at the moment. "Thank you for the hunt and lunch - we should repeat that some time, when and if you happen to be in the area."

Fade in your next post and let's have a new thread?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
good Lord I ship this hard. Yeah, another thread would be awesome!

He couldn't imagine a girl like her being single for much longer in life. He studied her silently for a moment, taking her in and came to the conclusion that if she had been a Morrningsider he would have definitely fallen for her. Awkwardly he looked away, his face flushing as he pushed himself up and into a standing position "I hope you do too, but im sure you wont have any trouble" he said with a smile, this time holding a shyer edge to it. While they were to remain friends only by the separation of packs, Sunny had realized he thought her to be a pretty woman both in personality and body so therefore his dorkiness showed. He picked up the remainder of the goose and turned to go before pausing. "I hope we see each other again soon." he said and then began to head off, back toward the caches. After that he'd go rest for a bit in a Sunny patch without snow.