Stone Circle please tell me it'll be okay
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Joining 
Paging @Valette, @Illecebra, and @Mawk!

There was nothing that she could do. When Rowana had made the decision to seek out her brother's murderer, it had seemed like the best possible solution; they would all have closure and the culprit would be dealt a punishment for his crimes. So, like the naive child she was, she'd set out beyond the borders with her mind set on revenge.

Little did she know, Rowana's path wasn't meant to be easy. Along the way, she'd been battered against by forces of nature and self that had eventually led her back home, albeit emptyhanded. Everytime, she was left emptyhanded. 

The cut on Rowana's hindleg wasn't severe, but it would need to be tended to lest she run the risk of infection. That physical pain paired with the emotional trauma was evident in her call for her audience. It'll be okay soon, Ro, she told herself, but it was unclear whether or not she actually believed it.
"And some days I think I'd feel better if I tried harder
Most days I know it's not true"
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her mind was much more clear at this point although she still cared for the fox cub. She had occasional periods of dizziness from Lonzo's attack and that had hindered how much she patrolled and hunted during the day. She hadn't told Valette of Lonzo's approach yet, deciding to wait until Mawk was home to speak of the dangerous man who knew of their home and seemed to be ballsy enough to Target the Saefyn family.

She was resting alone with her adopted baby when Rowana's pained call hit her ears. Immediately she was on her paws running to the borders, whimpering desperately. Her baby girl sounded hurt, Cebra feared what she would see upon arriving at the borders. When she spotted Rowana standing there she gave a sharp cry of joy, running and admittedly tackling her daughter harder than intended. She fell to her belly and pulled Rowana into her chest, air filling with sobs and whines as she covered the girl with kisses. "Where did you go? I told you over to leave, oh gods Rowana I thought..."she cut herself off and shook her head nuzzling against her baby. "That doesn't matter right now...you're here. We'll wait for Valette and then get you tended to with some food. I'm so happy you're home,Mawk will be too".
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
There hadn't even been a moment to think before Illecebra had turned Rowana over and held her to her chest. Initially, the girl fought against her mother's embrace with fervent agitation (moreso directed at herself than anyone else), though she did eventually settle. The comfort of having her mother so close was one that she'd missed, but wasn't sure she was worthy of. Rowana had failed her family and they deserved better.

Mama, she whined as she tried to bury her nose right through Illecebra's chest to the warmth of her heart. I'm sorry, mama.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
For a second Cebra was confused as Rowana fought back against her, brows drawing in confusion and a horrified thought of Not again...please as she feared emotional trauma like cyron had. Then when Rowana settled into her and pushed her face deeply into her chest whining an apology that tore her heart to shreds she was comforted in an odd way. "Shhh....It is forgiven, It is enough that you came home to us sweet girl." in her heart she knew it to be true. She forgave Rowana's leave as soon as she saw the girl standing at the borders alive. In her mind however she knew there had to be a stern sort of conversation or some consequence. She had instructed Rowana not to leave the borders because of bad wolves and now more than ever with that horrid man around she was extremely lucky to be back here alive. "Come..Im sure Valette won't be mad if I bring you in." she began to check Rowana over for injuries and paused at her hind leg noticing the cut. She sniffed at it and gave it a gentle lick "Come...I'll tend to this too incase it is infected" She murmured gently.

We can play out the med den and stuff here if you want?
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Fine by me :)

Illecebra's words were bittersweet; Rowana had come back to Easthollow, but had she really come back home? They had spent so much time as members of the pack and for Valette's kindness Rowana had been very grateful, but without Burr physically and Cyron emotionally, was it home, or was it just another territory marked with piss and pain? 

Nonetheless, Ro nodded her head and followed dutifully after her mother. Where's papa? she asked, voice low and quiet. She wanted to tell him how sorry she was, but she hoped that he wasn't too nearby; she needed time to think.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra kept close to Rowana as she lead her toward the medicine den. In all honesty she wasn't sure if the herbs would still be here or if the simple ones she needed were in stock. As they walked Rowana asked where Mawk was and she angled her face to hide the flicker of worry and fear that crossed her face. "He is out on a mission right now to save his sister, Onyx."She said honestly.

As she located the medicine den she brushed aside some snowy branches and went inside, remembering the her Marigold that Keoni had taught her was for infection. She held her breath as she searched and when she found it she gave a sigh of relief. She licked up a few leaves and chewed them into a paste, motioning for Rowana to sit down so she could lick the poultice onto her cut.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
His sister? There always seemed to be something new arising when Ro least expected (or needed) it. With him being gone, she would have more time to think, though; her father's absence was bittersweet. There were no promises that he would make it back as Rowana had been forced to learn. I'm sorry, she whispered again, this time much quieter than the first. It wasn't to Illecebra, but to Burr, the brother who she had failed to avenge.

This time, at least. 

Where's Cyron? she asked, wondering if her brother was still at home. Maybe the two of them would be able to get together and wash away each other's grief.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She gently nudged Rowana into a better position to expose the cut and began to lick the poultice onto the wound. Once it was all spread and off her tongue she examined the other herbs. She only recognized poppy flowers for pain and there was no cobwebs or moss for bandaging. She heard the muttered apology and flicked her ears, eyes filling with concern before she sat down in front of Rowana.

"Cyron is around...he's still distant and has his own den somewhere. I saw him recently." she wasn't sure how to or whether she should tell Rowana that Cyron wasn't the same, nor did he seem too fond of family time anymore. "If you find him take it slowly... we're all damaged but he is more than all of us. Are you in any pain?" she spoke warily, not wanting Rowana to think that Cebra was telling her to avoid Cyron. Maybe the girl would be able to reach him in a way his parents couldn't.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Rowana shook her head no, though her gaze remained on the ground. In truth, a part of her wished that she felt pain; anything would have been better than the self-loathing numb that she'd acquired. It didn't make any sense for someone so young to be so troubled, but looking back on her childhood, was it really so far fetched to think that she might have some baggage?

I wanna sleep, mama, Ro whispered to Illecebra, Will you sleep with me, please? There was nothing more that she wanted than to have her mother right by her side where she could feel her and smell her and know that she was real.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She gave a small sigh of relief and gave one last glance over the small remainder of their herbal stock. She'd go out for some more when she could, but for now she was going to tend to her daughter. Family was what was important to her right now. 

She stood up and prepared to head out of the den with Rowana when the small plea made her pause. She blinked back the immediate rise of moisture in her eyes and nodded "Of course Row. There's room in our old den enough for both of us. Come on, you need rest and then we can eat."She said soothingly. She touched her lips to the top of her head and placed a gentle kiss upon her brow. "Don't worry..no matter how awful things seem right now we'll make it through. You,me, Cyron and your father will make it through everything."She spoke in a soft tone, closing her eyes to hide the grief and doubt within them. "Together. We'll make it through together." she whispered.
30 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Wrap this up?

While the words of her mother were sweet, Rowana was having a hard time digesting them. The promises seemed too distant and unreachable for them to be real. We'll make it through together. It wasn't the time for an argument, so Rowana gave a discontented nod of her head and followed Illecebra out of the den. 

I'm tired.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
As soon as she had said the promises she was plagued with a series of what ifs. Every time something seemed to go right, something happened to cause them pain. It seemed like an endless series of troubles had plagued them since coming to Easthollow. She suddenly felt extremely weary and exhausted, ready to collapse into the den. She was grateful for Rowana's return and even more grateful that she'd get to sleep beside her that night. When Rowana murmured that she was tired Cebra gave a solemn nod and whispered "Me too Rowana" before herding her into the den and laying down so she could curl up next to her.