Stavanger Bay Long shadows
50 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
Godot wasn't one who spent too much time down by the shore, at least not in this weather.  She hid among the trees, dancing around the edges of the pack.  Despite Smokestep's assurances that his crew wasn't going to be like a normal pack -- or at least she didn't have to act the way she had in them -- it was a hard habit to break.  She'd been almost stomped into the ground to be forced to behave previously, and she wasn't keen on risking it again so early.  Why would she?  It wasn't like she had any chance of sticking around, based on past evidence, so why would she rush the process?  Avoiding others was the safest position.

Either way, it was a cold morning, just like all the others.  Most of Godot's prowling was within a few hundred yards of a tree with a slightly hollow base where there was now a small collection of objects -- a few ocean-tumbled rocks, a piece of sea glass, part of an antler, a few bones from an indeterminate source, a few wing feathers from gulls.  It was obviously not a natural collection, and the amount of paw prints and scents around it did make it pretty clear it was Godot's doing.  She, though, was just returning from the beach, a piece of well-polished driftwood in her jaws that she intended to add to the pile, but she wasn't there yet.  It'd be another few minutes before she arrived, however.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She had settled in around the Sea quite nicely, waking up to the smell of the salty air and the sound of seabirds crying out brought her a strange sort of happiness. She liked the handsome young Captain whose command she now lived under and she was pleased to find out that Engel was a part of the crew too. 

The only two things that weighed her down was the fact that Wilhlem had vanished and she knew nobody else but Captain and Engel. It hurt that Wirt that vowed his protection to her only to disappear into the sunset as soon as they had found a place to settle into.

Today she decided to explore close by and go near the trees, but she paused early in her exploration of the territory when she found a strange assortment of cool things surrounded by paw prints. The most interesting to her was the sea glass, it was beautiful and colorful. She didn't touch anything, knowing it clearly belonged to someone but she eyed the sea glass with fascination and admiration.
50 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Godot trotted along without much concern.  It had seemed to her that many favored the shore, so the trees were out of the way without being out of safety.  It had kept her fairly well apart from everyone since she'd joined, and she'd been quite happy about it for now -- it was what she was used to.  Not to mention there was that one guy who she was pretty sure shew as supposed to be angry at but damned if she cared enough to remember why.  He wasn't important enough to care.  If he showed up, she assumed he'd remind her, and then she could give him a taste of her pearly white teeth if she had to.

She did cross a scent of someone else in the pack that seemed to have been heading the same way she was a little earlier, but she did quicken her step, just in case it turned out they'd been going for her things after all.  She still needed to find more things so that she'd be able to do her rituals properly, but that all depended on what was around.. And whether she'd get herself kicked out or not by the time plants were growing.

Coming around the final corner, Godot stopped in her tracks.  There was someone at her cache!  Not touching anything, yes, but that could just mean they just hadn't decided to yet.  Godot uttered a low, barely-a-growl-almost-a-bark warning just in case and continued forward to her things.  It wasn't like she could talk properly with the over-sized stick in her mouth.  Though it was probably two feet long, the driftwood section was somewhere between two to three inches in diameter.  Godot wasn't postured particularly aggressively as she approached so she could go put down the stick near the bunch, as long as the pile wasn't messed with in the meantime.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her focus had shifted from the sea glass to the various bones. She couldn't determine what animal they came from but they interested her with their almost perfect white coloring. The low growling sound from behind her startled her and she gave a low whine as she backed away, ears flattening. She turned her red eyes to the pretty female "I didn't touch anything I promise, I was just looking! The..the sea glass was pretty I couldn't help but look" she said quickly, offering a scared sort of smile hoping it would put the other girl at ease.
50 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Good.  This lady knew it was not her place to mess around with Godot's stuff.  She liked her already, just for that.  She just knew she'd find some jerk willing to screw with it if she waited long enough.  Like that dude.  Maybe that was what she was supposed to be mad at him for.  No.  Didn't make sense.  Her tail flicked, catlike, and she gently nestled her driftwood prize at the front of her stash.

It was only then she looked back, and flicked her tail again, Good.  I know someone's gonna mess with it eventually.   I can't be here all the time.  If it's not gonna be you, then that's all the better.  Her words were kind of pointed, but that wasn't exactly abnormal for Godot if she wasn't being shy.  Everyone got the same treatment.  I didn't realize the beach would have so much neat stuff on it.  I wanna know what's under the snow.  More useful things I think.  She'd have a whole horde of spell components by the time plants were growing freely again.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Awinita nervously stepped aside as the female approached her small cache of interesting tidbits, keeping her posture respectful. When the female began to speak her ears perked up "Perhaps you could find a way to bury it and mark it so you'll find it easily?"she suggested warily, unsure if her input would be appreciated. She found this woman to be quite intriguing and wished to fall into the category of someone she liked.

"If you'd like me to, I can work on digging through the snow in a few places." she offered kindly. She needed more things to do with her time anyway besides stalking around and hunting the shores. "also if I might ask...what are these items used for?"
50 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
*drags self back to posting* Sorry for the delay gettin' back to this thread.

Godot didn't seem to be annoyed by the suggestion necessarily, but she definitely wasn't head over heels for it.  But that might ruin the feathers an' stuff.  I'd be better finding a better hollow tree maybe.  Godot seemed to huff angrily at the tree.  It sorta worked out, but yeah.. Not very secure.  D'you know of one around here?  That, though, was more positive, her ears perking up hopefully.

But Godot was a creature whose moods shifted quickly. Um, just as is? Not much.  She eyed her warily.  Yeah, she was in a pack, but could she trust these wolves?  Really.  She was used to having to scare her way into feeling secure.  Did she have to here?  Uncertain.  But that didn't mean she'd give up all her secrets so quick.  So far, she survived by being paranoid.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She eyed sued the feathers and gave a slow nod, understanding her point. Bird feathers were delicate and easy to mess up and ruin, the sand and being shoved in a hole would probably muss them beyond repair. When the female asked if she knew of a hollow tree she shook her head but thought of alternate ideas. "No but...i know of a hollow log?"she tried. The one she spoke of was where she'd found Engel singing that really catchy song about walking five hundred miles.

She winced as Godot seemed to return to being wary of her and gave an apologetic smile, her tail swaying timidly behind her. "I didn't mean they needed a use, I think just having unique and pretty things collected is great"she said earnestly though she was hoping to appease the obviously paranoid female. "I'm Awinita" she said kindly, thinking perhaps offering an introduction would prove she wasn't up to no good.
50 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
At the mention of a log, Godot's ears flicked forward even more attentively, but let the other wolf, Awinita, continue speaking.  She'd be (just barely) patient.  They will.  Eventually.  But not yet.  The objects, that is.  She just needed to not get kicked out by the time there were plants about.  That was also entirely possible to have happen, as she pretty much expected it wherever she went.  She'd do something wrong.  Eventually.

I'm Godot.  Or Adelaide.  But usually Godot.  Nobody had called her by her first name in ages.  At least not reliably.  'Godot' sounded like the name you'd give a gremlin, and she was the sort of freak who most never saw in a friendly light.  Not that she did much to help with that issue by her behavior.  Where's the log though?
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The notion of these various objects eventually having use was interesting and her eyes gleamed curiously, yet she held her tongue not wanting to push things any further. She smiled earnestly at the names given, one was obviously prettier than the other but she'd use the preferred one. 

"Follow me"She said and turned heading off toward the area of Sandy grass by the woods where she'd first learned Engel had a home here too. Once they arrived she placed her paw on it "It's pretty big and all hollowed out."She said with a wag of her tail, moving back so that Godot could inspect it.
50 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Godot keenly followed along, and soon the log appeared before them.  Was this to soon be the home of her things?!

She snooped around the log, checking the depth of the hollow and how well she would be able to obscure its contents.  Around the other side, to the top, she checked its structural integrity, hopping about as she investigated. She rounded the log again, crawling inside as much as she could.  Her butt hung out tail twitching ever so slightly.  Yeah, might work out for it all.  Will have to move everything at some point, hmm.  Now whether or not Awinita could hear her clearly was a whole other thing.

Godot stayed there another moment or two before starting to back out.  She circled it one more time before repeating, basically to herself, Yeah, might work.  Her gaze snapped back to Awinita.  It's the only one you've seen around though, yeah?  If there were more places for her to hide things, maybe she could split them up...   Hmm.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She sat back a bit as Godot seemed to give the log a very thorough inspection. There were murmurings of things she couldn't hear too well but she made no comment  to ask the woman to repeat them. As Godot came back out and circled ot again, Awinita's ears perked up expecting to be talked to before Godot even looked at her. She gave a shake of her head and frowned "No, unfortunately not. I can keep an eye out if you want?" she offered. 

feel free to wrap it up with your next post.
50 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah. Lemme know if you see another, too.  Maybe she could divide things up.. Make sure if someone found her stuff it wouldn't be all of it.  Then she'd have a backup.  That'd be nice.  But she'd need more stuff then too. Hmmm.  Gonna go sort out the stuff I wanna move.  I'm sure it'll be boring, so see ya around.  Or not.  Godot wasn't one to care too much when she was messing with her things.  She trotted off, heading back to her current cache.  Things to do!