Falls of the Hinterlands and i'm always tired, but never of you
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
The ex-soldier did not know the word she had spoken, but through the journey had mulled it and concluded it was, perhaps, a nickname of his own. He did not mind the idea; perhaps he even liked it.
The thoughts were banished when he caught Mona's expression at his offerings. Her laugh, the tears beginning to track down her face-- these things pushed him into action. Before he could stop himself, he leaned in and pressed his muzzle against the top of her head. After a few beats, he started preening the velvety scarlet fur between her ears.
Nathaniel found himself content with this, with the silence and contact between them. He was relieved-- overjoyed, even, that his surprise had inspired such a reaction in her. The ex-soldier suddenly wished this moment could last much, much longer than it realistically could. Not forever, though, he thought. For the first time in a long time, Nathaniel found himself hopeful for the future. It was only a little-- only because Mona had so stubbornly inserted herself into his life. He had never appreciated an intrusion more than this one.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 02, 2018, 11:12 PM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 12:23 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Nathaniel Sr. - March 03, 2018, 01:23 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 01:53 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 03:32 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 04:26 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never of you - by Mona - March 23, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never of you - by Mona - April 15, 2018, 04:33 PM