Ravensblood Forest I reach my hand toward the traces they leave
"What are my orders?"
26 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Hoping for a @Constantine but AW :)

She had kept to herself. She knew not the joy of being around friends, barely understood the term at all, and would rather clean her wounds so she could one day battle for her new commander again. She was useless, she found, if she couldn't fight for the ones who had let her in their unit. Comprehending this new environment was proving difficult, and yet she kept calm. Step by step did she feel better, even if it had only been a few days.

The stench of fire had mostly washed off, but the cuts and burns still showed. It would take a while for the fur to grow back, if it grew back at all, and the cuts to heal or scar. The mental ones she didn't even notice. She clearly needed someone to point out that her way of thinking was wrong, even if she wouldn't believe it.

She walked in a comfortable place through the forest, taking note of the bleeding trees. She had seen many creatures bleed, but had never seen plants do the same thing. It made her curious.
"I... I want to know what "I love you." means!"
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A pair of fiery eyes followed the observant she-wolf. The scent of smoke and fire still tickled at his nose in her presence, reminding him of the burnt woods of Donnelaith. She had escaped the ill fate of fire – perhaps Deirdre and Emaleth had as well?

It wasn’t a thought he could dwell upon. If he did – if he thought his sisters were alive.. lost, even, he knew he would scour the earth for them. He would leave no stone unturned – but the likeliness of it seemed impossible, and he stilled his sudden and erratic breathing. Ravensblood Forest was still a fledgling pack, and he was needed by Durnehviir. Their consummation might have proved to be nothing more than a demand on one another’s feelings, but if she were pregnant..  No, he couldn’t leave to chase ghosts.

He stalked forward then – a wraith in the shadows. His form was stocky, but his steps were quiet like a predator. But his features were softer when he studied her openly, now making himself known. As he neared her, he vaguely wondered – was the smoke still on her fur, or did he simply imagine it because of its significance to him?

He chose not to mention it, and with a rumbling sigh, the beast gave a nod, beckoning the pale girl to follow him. “Come,” he murmured, his eyes drifting across the barks of the tree and the bits of foliage that did grace the forest floor, despite the season. They needed to address her cuts and wounds somehow, though it would have been better if they had a healer among their ranks.
all you have is your fire
"What are my orders?"
26 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Looking at the crimson of their unit's forest made recall that dreadful day. She remembered it surprisingly well, no matter how hard she tried to forget. Life had never meant much to her; she had been prepared to die for a very long time. Taking lives, watching people give it, seeing eyes grow dull as soon as their hearts had stopped beating; nothing of this sparked anything in her. She barely felt alive at all anymore. Perhaps she was even more dead than the burned bodies on their battlefield.

But what the crimson mostly reminded her off was the blood that had stained her commander. In that moment, she didn't want for someone to die. Well, she had never actually wished for anyone to die at all, but it was the only way she could do the job she had been assigned. But she actively wanted to prevent it for William. For a few minutes she had hopelessly dragged him by the scruff through the fire until he begged her to stop. It seemed he was angry with her, and yet he had said that he loved her. These were such clashing statements that it was even harder for Wallflower to understand. She pondered and pondered but could not figure out why he had said it - what she had done to result in him loving her.

When Constantine's form emerged, she immediately bowed for him, no matter how painful it was to do it. The pain was nothing to her. Commander Constantine. She greeted quickly, like she had to. Without questioning his intentions, she went to follow him.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Commander. He blinked at the title, his muzzle swinging back to study her with mild thought. “Just Constantine,” he requested, his tail sweeping through the air as he studied the state she was in. He was most worried for her lungs – the smoke that would have infiltrated them, and yet he did not know if it was even possible to offer her anything to assist with her breathing. But he could help her minor scrapes, her fatigue and even her stress.

Continuing on, the stocky wolf swerved as he neared one of the giant sequoias. His eyes drifted over the bark, and when he caught view of the leaking sap, he placed one paw up, pushing himself up higher to gingerly lick the bitter life of the tree on his tongue.

Dropping back down to four paws, he made his way back to her, his eyes studying her before motioning with his muzzle she should remain still. He swept his tongue across one of the more angry cuts then – attempting to be as gentle as he could, pressing the sap to her skin and hoping to form a shield of sorts, while trying to avoid rubbing it in to the burned areas. Ideally, he would have had access to honey – but he hadn’t seen a hive in their forest.

Stopping his ministrations, the Regal pulled back, studying his pale companion. “I’m sorry, I’m not a healer – my family was more talented with it than I. Does it hurt?”
"What are my orders?"
26 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Wallflower blinked as well then. For her, Commander was the highest title she could give someone. He and Screech had been the ones to take her in - the smoldering heap of hopelessness upon the borders of their small pack. He was a saint to her, but an order was an order. Noted. She replied with a firm nod, not speaking after that.

She followed him, not minding the pain every step brought her. She had been asked to follow so she would do so until she was physically not able to anymore. She observed him, the sap he licked up, and stood perfectly still when he came toward her. Her brows twitched in response to his stinging touch, but nothing more. The pain is nothing. She answered reassuringly, though she sounded less confident than she wanted to due to her still damaged throat and lungs.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He doesn't believe her words when they leave her lips -- the attempt to reassure doing the exact opposite. He says nothing now, continuing to try to patch the open sores of her skin with the bit of sap he did have. They would need a better supply of herbs and medicines -- he would need to fix that.

When he was done as best he could, the ember-eyed beast gave her a quiet farewell, his gaze lingering over her in concern before he turned, finding his way to the borders.