The Sunspire but these problems aside, I think I taught you well
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 

she moved along the border, finding that her paws adapted quickly to the mountain, and she found the familiar patterns and steps that she'd learned long ago. the mountains was where she belonged, perhaps, for there was a lightness here, a kind of confidence that came from having the world spread all around. 

the markings were sparse and fresh, and yet she added her own dutifully, moving carefully to strengthen existing markers and add the odd new one. in time, the borders would sink deep into the stone, their presence solidify. she paused once in her marking, staring towards the south, where she could almost imagine the wood lingering like a blight at the edge of her vision, see it in the darkness that condensed on the horizon. it was only after a moment that she continued her patrol, reminded then that the past did not come away easily.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
he saw her along the borders, his ears pricking curiously. it didn't surprise him in the least to see cass along the borders... she reminded him of the cerberus. she was small, but she was strong and maybe independent, and her coat especially reminded him on hydra-- especially from behind. the only difference were here eyes-- which looked more like his-- and those scars that littered her coat. he watched her for a moment before barking to grab her attention, offering her a kind smile. "care if i join you?" he asked her, hoping to get some more time in with his new packmate-- since she turned out to not be that bad after all.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

her clouded thought were lifted when the slight sounds of footfalls alerted her to the presence of another. she fell still, twisting her muzzle backward as her searching gaze landed on terance. the star-kissed girl relaxed a fraction, offering a wag of her tail and a curve of her muzzle. "hey," she offers by way of greeting, adding a beat later in response to his query,  "I don't mind." 

it's a bit of a lackluster response, she thinks critically and allows silence to stretch a moment later before breaking it once more.  "we've got neighbors, in the Vale." she hardly thinks it's common knowledge, seeing as she met the girl only the previous day. she'd feel pretty stupid spreading around known information, but it seems notable enough to mention (and fresh enough that Tin-do-me might have gone unnoticed until now).

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
his ears pricked. neighbors? in the vale? but... how? they'd been there mere days ago before they reached sunspire and no one had been there. his nose twitched as he processed this information. "did you meet them?" terance asked with his ears angled forwards, "what do you know about them?" despite his very interrogational questions, terance did not sound stern or angry, merely curious. he didn't know if he liked the idea of having neighbors so close to them... but perhaps it wouldn't really matter. any information cass had would be helpful to him.

setting this for the 9th, since i think tin dome moves to NSV on the 8th?
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

he seems somewhat concerned to know of their neighbors, though not especially interrogative as he asked his questions. surely, if they'd been a bunch of maniacs, she'd have alerted one of the leaders earlier. "one of them - her name's Queenie, and she called the place Tindome." thinking, a moment, at what else might be considered important information, she added after a moment, "they moved to the vale recently - she called them 'a weird mix that works'"  she fell silent then, pausing once to mark a rocky outcrop.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"tindome," terance repeated quietly, tail swinging. he kept padding forward even as cass stopped to make a quick mark on the border, doing his own a little ways up-- waiting on her to catch up. when he'd finished and she was caught back up, he looked back to her, continuing on their little patrol. "what'd you think of her?" he asked her curiously, eyebrows still furrowed. queenie, he thought the name was sort of... well, egotistical? perhaps that wasn't the word, terance wasn't good with words, but he thought it was a weird name. all the same, he didn't comment of it. 

"they weren't there when we settled, must've been really recently," he said with a small shrug, "hope they're not a problem, i'll have to talk to rannoch and liffey about them." that seemed like the smart thing to do-- the responsible thing to do. don't rush into anything... even though that might've been what hydra would've done, terance thought anyway. 

after a few moments of... well, something, terance's ears pricked. "wait that's-- seabreeze," he began choppily, finally putting pieces together, "she said that's where she used to live, tindome." his brow furrowed again, concern replacing the shock of realization. he wondered if she knew-- if that was bad news for the she-wolf. he hoped she'd be okay when she found out. 
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

he echoes the name as she had upon first hearing it, asking next of the girl. "I liked her. she was blunt."  it was this quality that the shadowed girl had grown to respect; especially after the treachery and subtle betrayals of the Wood. she dipped her head in agreement at his next sentence, adding on her own thought after the second. "I don't think they're any threat, for what it's worth." she wasn't sure how much value what she thought would carry, and offered little more than that. 

when he mentions seabreeze her brow furrows a moment, attempting for a moment to remember just who she is. perhaps the old one - no, the younger girl, the one with the interesting eyes. she remains silent this time, though her lobes prick curiously.

guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"i like blunt," terance replied with a wave of his tail. like cass, it was a quality that terance found respectable. no games or  trickery-- but that was perhaps hypocritical of him, for terance very rarely spoke out about his opinions of others. whoops.

to her next comment, the beta merely nods. he agrees, mostly because it was seabreeze who vouched for them. he trusted the pale she-wolf a good bit already, for whatever reason, and her opinion seemed to resonate with him. "good," was all he said in regards to that. 

"seabreeze is our delta(?), trained in counseling, you'd like her-- i think," he added, noticing the slightly confused expression that cass had on her delicate features.