Northstar Vale you got big plans and you gotta move
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 

she'd slipped away sometime that early morning, though the trip had not been planned. somewhere along her marking she'd simply ended up on the wrong side of the borders, and let her aimless paws carry her north from there. now, while the morning's mist still struggled to fade, and the warmth of some southern breeze pushed through her pelt, she noted dimly the scents of others. it took only a few moments of probing to discover the intermingled scents, the markers and earlier borders. a claim, then, that mirrored their own in stature. curious, she let loose a searching howl, wondering if this was truly another fledgling pack, or merely a group on the move, as they'd been.

That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Dated for March 8th?

Border patrol was Queenie's number one priority since the move so it was no surprise that she'd been the first to respond the the foreign howl. It was odd to think about how quickly work and responsibility had matured her, but it was evident in the way that she made her approach: cold eyes, firm frown, steady tail. 

The wolf opposite of her looked to be around the same age. A part of her relaxed after taking the observation, though she remained outwardly on point. Was this what scouts did? Because if so, she might want to rethink her second trade; this was a nervewracking business. You rang?
Hiya!
Please take the time to read through this post.
Happy roleplaying!
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

sounds good to me!
the approach of a girl had her pause, turning then to meet the stranger. her pelt was remarkable; in stark contrast to her atramentous own, it was colourful and patterned in ways that seemed alien to the girl. still, she didn't stare (long) and instead dipped her head when the girl asked. she was suddenly struck by the thought that she had little idea how to interest with the woman; now that she was before her, cass was reminded of her terrible debut at redhawk. 

her thoughts flickered to valette, and her own visit, and her mind was quick to swap out a word here or there to make it fit. "I'm from the sunspire - over there." she motioned with a quick gesture at the rugged outline of the mountain, surveying the girl a moment. "are you settling here?" not terrible for her first go at this, and she even remembered to waft her tail as she spoke as if to convey her good intentions - she wasn't here to try and start some feud, after all.

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
There didn't seem to be much threat, but Queenie maintained her guard. A severe lack of trust had been ingrained in her since childhood and thus far, it had done her nothing but good. Queenie saw it more as an advantage than a setback, namely in situations like this. Still, when the girl's tail began to wag, she couldn't help but mimic the friendly gesture.

Queenie nodded her head and thought that she might like to go visit the nearby claim once she got the chance. We just moved, she told her, but I don't think we were expecting so many neighbors. The corners of her mouth threatened to twist into a smile, but she kept her composure. This is Tindómë.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

the girl began to mimic the gesture, and while cass was none the less reassured, she was still careful. the likes of vaati and ganondorf had stretched the point that appearances may deceive. she gathered the information carefully, coming to her own conclusions. the inky girl echoed back the name, committing it to memory as she did. "Tindome," 

the girl's comment on neighbors had a tiny curve of her own shift her muzzle, and she added, "we're friendly. there's another pack, in the valley-" again she motioned, now towards the general direction of the wood, "Blackfeather. they're dangerous." she'd yet to meet the group on the other mountain, and come to the same conclusion that they might belong to the latter group as well.

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Danger was subjective; Queenie didn't heed the girl's warning as much as she should have, though she did lock it into her mind. Maybe she would find the time to go and visit Blackfeather, too. I'm Queenie, she said, Mercenary and scout-in-training. You? 

It didn't occur to her until after the introduction was made that she should probably try and get as much information about the neighboring packs as she could. What's Sunspire like? The girl had already mentioned their friendly disposition, but were they looking for allies? Were they a private group?
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

the girl offered next her name and role, and it was after a short stretch of silence that cass realized that she ought to do the same.  "cassiopeia," echoing, after a moment, "mercenary, and scout." she cast her gaze once over the woman, as if sizing her up, but there was a lightness in the gesture that suggested that she was interested in the woman's former trade. Vaati had never concluded her training, nor would she seek him out again.

the girl asked next of the sunspire, and cass considered a moment before answering.  "they're close - most of them are from moonspear, another mountain pack to the west." this was no ragtag band that had sprung up, it seemed the majority of them were some sort of splinter group that already shared ties - ties strong enough to have them pick up and leave their home in the face of uncertainty. or, perhaps, they'd all managed to piss off the cerberus in equal measure - the girl wasn't sure which explanation was better.

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
While it was a lovely name that Queenie was sure had some incredibly interesting backstory, Cassiopeia was a mouthful. What about Cass? she asked, finding that it was a much more manageable alternative. If they were going to know each other for longer than the fifteen minutes it took to finish this conversation, Queenie wanted to be able to remember the name of the person she was spending her time with.

The two girls seemed to have something in common already, and although Queenie might not have pegged Cass for the physical type, she was grateful for it. The wolves of Tindómë were okay and all, but they didn't know how to have fun like she thought they ought to. Their idea of fun was sitting in big circles and telling stories, while Queenie found joy in kicking everyone else's ass. I saw that, she laughed, responding to Cass's evaluation.

Planning to take me down? It was both a joke and an invitation; if Cass was looking for a spar, Queenie would be more than happy to accept. They could both use the practice, she figured, so she didn't mind. I'm not sure where most of these wolves come from, but they don't seem to have a collective story. It's the weirdest mix I've ever seen, but I guess it works.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

the girl's question had the inky scout shrug, wry smile twisting her muzzle. "most take it upon themselves to shorten it, anyway."  it meant little to her what, exactly, others called her, given that she liked them to some degree. the girl certainly seemed to fit in that window. 

her evaluation was not missed, and for the first time in a long while, cass's muzzle curved into something resembling a grin. at the girl's question, she replied only loftily; "depends." there was a certain lightness in her gaze, and her tail moved at her hocks in gladness at the easy bluntness of the woman. 

she took in the rest of the woman's proffered information carefully, committing it carefully to mind without knowing if it would be useful; but any information, any knowledge, tended to be.

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
So, Cass thought that she stood a chance? Queenie had no problem with proving her wrong, as she was sure she was. Since officially earning her trade, Queenie had become too cocky for her own good (which she probably had been all along, but she'd never admit it). On what? she teased, wondering what Cass had up her sleeve. 

I'll tell you what, Queenie began, I'm going to go back to my leader and let him know about you guys, then I'm gonna come back to meet you and we can test it out to see who's the better merc.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

she allowed the first question to be answered only by a grin, slipping into the lightheartedness of the encounter carefully, but gladly. she may have had a terrible go of it until now, but she was still young, and easy interactions like this one had not completely slipped from her. 

"oh," she began, slipping into a feigned cockiness, echoing the girl's own.  "if you think you can take me -" the grin had not left her muzzle just yet, and her tail twitched at her hocks as she continued after a moment. " - I'll meet you here tomorrow." 

266 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Queenie thought that Delight might like this Cass, too. When she came back to him with a report of their conversation, she would make sure to include how incredibly prideful and unamicable she was in hopes of peaking his interest. Come prepared, Queenie warned, I don't go easy on anyone. With that, she turned and headed into the heart of the territory to consult with the Morwinyon.
Hiya!
Happy roleplaying!
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

tail lashing at her hocks, she promised, "nor do I."  already excited for the challenge tomorrow might bring, she watched the girl a moment as she turned on her heel, descending the steep ridges of the Vale. after a moment, she echoed the girl; but didn't turn home just yet. there was still parts of the range she wanted to see, and the sun had only just passed it's zenith.